Skip to main content
Topic: Third Ashes Test (WACA) - The Decider ?? (Read 44400 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Third Ashes Test (WACA) - The Decider ??

Reply #90
Yehh. That's right. Our nasty behaviour has turned Swann into sooky La La, and made him retire. Even Haddin in the interview had to laugh and so he should. I think these grown men are a little tougher than being sensitive to a verbal here and there during a game. Seriously.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #91
Clarke is a dickhead for winning the toss and sending the Poms to bat. Yeah he wants to chase but he needs to win when it's in front of him.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #92
Three gullys and a slip.

Reply #93
Classic Shane Watson. Scores a ton when there's no pressure then goes back to his usual crap when it means something.

Reply #94
yep, take out that ton and he's averaging about 17 in the Series.

Spud.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #95
WTF are both sides still bothering to play if the Ashes has already been won? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Reply #96
Yep, the old 'we got ahead of ourselves' routine. Talk of going 5 zip was ridiculous. Hate to say it but the old 'one day/week at a time' routing works best. Undisciplined, bullsh1t effort from the Aussies today. Smith, Bailey and Watson have to go.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #97
Yep, the old 'we got ahead of ourselves' routine. Talk of going 5 zip was ridiculous. Hate to say it but the old 'one day/week at a time' routing works best. Undisciplined, bullsh1t effort from the Aussies today. Smith, Bailey and Watson have to go.

I disagree just too much 'aren't we the best now stuff' in the press and everywhere.

Smith, Watson and Bailey have all been sub standard with the bat all series bar one innings each.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #98
Made a mistake bowling and this wicket suits the English quicks who bowl length and line......hopefully we wont end up too far behind on the 1st innings and can get them out cheaply although chasing more than 250 on this wicket wont be easy.
You have to expect England to show some pride at some stage and win a few days in the remaining tests.....batting remains a worry and if we think we have problems now wait till the likes of Watson, Smith, Bailey etc have to face the Saffies pace attack on their own dung heap. Haddin cant keep bailing out the middle order and its a heavy reliance on Clarke to make big scores which isnt healthy.
Glad to see the back of Kallis who might have retired to save that precious average before Mitch Johnson dragged it down a few points or put some bruises on that tired body...

Chris Rodgers?...........has the opening job for now mainly due to a lack of other candidates but needs some big scores and some more fluency to his game...I like him as a player but his age and lack of runs in a series where we have dominated worries more for the future and I hope to see another opener challenge him for his spot.
Not Phil Hughes though........

Reply #99
We win the TOSS and don't bat first is just a joke. Warners choice of shot was pathetic. Clarke was even worse. Bailey was just a laugh. Mitchell, I won't even comment on. They dropped easy catches as usual. Smith in a pathetic stroke and Mitchell too. How we are looking at a loss in this test is completely beyond me. We needed to bat first an concentrate on our batting. 2 long days in the field would have killed the Poms entire squad. As for how few runs were scored in 2 days is a laugh. That is a good pitch to bat on and 600 runs in 2 days is not a huge ask. What did we see ? A little over 400.

Great to see us play the Englishmen back into form. Weak effort. Too much party time winning the ashes in the first 3 tests. Looks like we will have the foot off the throttle and try an cruise through the rest of the ashes series. Not what we watch the game for at all. I might go and watch some 20/20 to get some entertainment back. Something I might have a laugh over. Maybe we need to squeeze Chris Lynn into the squad. :o
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #100
Simply can't have Smith and Watson in the side.

Neither are good enough at Test level imo (ditto for Bailey).

Both averaging 34 odd at Test level, this Series, if you take out one big score each, they average mid teens against a very mediocre attack.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #101
Great summation:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/704405.html

Brisbane, November 21, 2013: Australia are 6 for 132 on the first day of their home Ashes campaign. The top order has failed. Brad Haddin and Mitchell Johnson rescue them, push the total up to 295. Australia win.

Adelaide, December 5, 2013: Australia are 5 for 257 on a good pitch for batting. The top order has failed. Brad Haddin and Michael Clarke rescue them with centuries. Australia declare on 570. Australia win.

Perth, December 13, 2013: Australia are 5 for 143. The top order has failed. Brad Haddin and Steven Smith rescue them. The total reaches 385. Australia win.

Melbourne, December 27, 2013: Australia are 6 for 122. The top order has failed. Brad Haddin...

Sense a theme developing? The problem on the second day at the MCG was that Haddin tried to rescue Australia again but nobody joined him. By stumps they were 9 for 164, Haddin still there on 43. It was Australia's worst day of the series, only because Haddin and a variety of team-mates had saved others that could have been equally bad.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #102
Dropped into the pub on the way home, mate says Billy Brownless let slip that Sam Newman has only months to live during a lunch break interview. Did anyone hear that, was it a joke?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #103
Dropped into the pub on the way home, mate says Billy Brownless let slip that Sam Newman has only months to live during a lunch break interview. Did anyone hear that, was it a joke?

I took it as a fairly ordinary joke.  Billy might take a different tact with his time over again..........

Reply #104
We win the TOSS and don't bat first is just a joke. Warners choice of shot was pathetic. Clarke was even worse. Bailey was just a laugh. Mitchell, I won't even comment on. They dropped easy catches as usual. Smith in a pathetic stroke and Mitchell too. How we are looking at a loss in this test is completely beyond me. We needed to bat first an concentrate on our batting. 2 long days in the field would have killed the Poms entire squad. As for how few runs were scored in 2 days is a laugh. That is a good pitch to bat on and 600 runs in 2 days is not a huge ask. What did we see ? A little over 400.

Great to see us play the Englishmen back into form. Weak effort. Too much party time winning the ashes in the first 3 tests. Looks like we will have the foot off the throttle and try an cruise through the rest of the ashes series. Not what we watch the game for at all. I might go and watch some 20/20 to get some entertainment back. Something I might have a laugh over. Maybe we need to squeeze Chris Lynn into the squad. :o

Amazing how fast the English have lost their mojo!

(several of our top 6 are a liability all the same)
Finals, then 4 in a row!