Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications (Read 29045 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 2023 Preliminary Final Carlton vs Brisbane Pre Game Prognostications

Reply #225
Assuming he is fit and healthy I think Owies is the real unlucky story here, he's been the barometer not the boat anchor and in the run and gun of finals I suspect Motlop is the very lucky one, probably lucky that Cunningham's form or fitness has waned.

Maybe with Cunningham, that pre-season incident has cost him a fitness base, and bizarrely when you think they should be fresher the reverse applies and it is this time of year when missing some pre-season or early season starts to tell. Which by the way is the freakishness of Walsh!

Still, based on form I won't be surprised if there are shock last minute Outs.
You are probably right....Motlop would be doubtful and Owies is very unlucky, his good form is part of the reason we got on that winning run. Walsh could play footy on the moon, the lack of oxygen wouldnt worry him, he would just keep going...

Reply #226
Walsh could play footy on the moon, the lack of oxygen wouldnt worry him, he would just keep going...
There are probably only a handful of players in the history of AFL like him.

Harvey, Bradley, Flower, Skilton, I struggle to think of many others, they have a special type of toughness.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #227
The game against West Coast when Walsh was injured was the best 33% of a game I've seen in a while...and that includes Cripps at his best.
He'd had 14 disposals and kicked a goal but it was the touch he was in that was really quite sensational.
He's fast getting back to that form.

Reply #228
He's fast getting back to that form.
It seems to me that the one thing any player cannot escape at any level of footy is that spatial and temporal awareness that comes with match play, it seems that it is just impossible to replicate in training or practise.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #229
WTF? WT Flipping F?
Why no Kemp?
Hasn't set a foot wrong, done more that what is expected.
Better than Marchbank.
MC putting the baby out with the bath water. ::)

I would not be surprised if the Match Committee consulted Weitering on the various scenarios and considerations prior to making any firm selection decisions.

There seemed to be a degree of 'mistrust' in Young and his ability to work with the back six which eventually effected Weitering's game, having to second guess what a teammate was going to do. Maybe he was getting edgy about Kemp under extreme pressure. I'm sure he would have 'ticked off Boyd' as being someone he has confidence in being able to play his role. Also, he is on record as being a big Marchbank fan.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.......

Reply #230
Owies the sub?...training with the team.

Reply #231
Owies the sub?...training with the team.

Wouldn't at least two of the emergencies be travelling and training with the team?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #232
Wouldn't at least two of the emergencies be travelling and training with the team?
CH7 news indicated Owies as the potential sub....

Reply #233
CH7 news indicated Owies as the potential sub....

In that case it will be Kemp or Cuningham 🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #234
Owies has been out of form in the two finals games and was not any better than Cunningham both deserve to be dropped as finals football when stakes get higher was too much for them. Kemp was taken to the cleaners by Smith last week and will learn from that.

Charlie is another one that hasn't been producing much. Other than that TDK has been an impressive Finals Footballer.

Reply #235
Didn't see anything last night that had me quaking in my boots!!! A win tonight opens up the opportunity of the century!!!

Reply #236
Didn't see anything last night that had me quaking in my boots!!! A win tonight opens up the opportunity of the century!!!

Absolutely agree. I was asked last night before the game who I'd prefer to win, all bias against the filth aside, and I picked the Pies. Much prefer to face them next week.

Reply #237
Absolutely agree. I was asked last night before the game who I'd prefer to win, all bias against the filth aside, and I picked the Pies. Much prefer to face them next week.
No doubt if we make it through playing  the pies would provide added motivation, let’s get through today and then we can greet them with our ‘blue fury’!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #238
Game starts at midnight for me. I might not be awake after 4 12-14 hour days at Disneyland.

If we bring the intensity of our winning steak,  we may do enough damage to win.  GO BLUES

Reply #239
Game starts at midnight for me. I might not be awake after 4 12-14 hour days at Disneyland.

If we bring the intensity of our winning steak,  we may do enough damage to win.  GO BLUES

IF.... we manage to win, I'm sure many of us will be awake at midnight and into the small hours 🤪

Enjoy.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.