Skip to main content
Topic: Michael Schumacher in a coma (Read 8459 times) previous topic - next topic

Michael Schumacher in a coma

Michael Schumacher suffers head injury in skiing accident, The Age, 30/12.

And after avoiding such serious injury during years of F1 racing when that sport can be lethal despite all of the effort devoted to minimising risk (as Senna's fate illustrates).  But skiing is hardly a safe sport.  I have known people who died after colliding with trees.  Liam Neeson's wife, Natasha Richardson, died after suffering a knock to the head while skiing - she suffered a subdural haematoma but didn't know it, and she went home and died in bed.  My sister almost died in the same way, but her injury occurred during a massage, of all things. 

By far the most tragic aspect of the story is that the accident occurred in the presence of his 14 year old son.  I hope that for both of them, the story has a happy ending. 

Re: Michael Schumacher in a coma

Reply #1
Sonny Bono another famous person who died skiing.

All the best to the Schu.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Schuemy definitely had his detractors but I was always a fan. If not the most driven and competitive man out there then it's a short list ahead of him.

Highlights have to be his 94 title in a rubbish benneton where his teammate hardly ever saw the podium and turning Ferrari from a rabble which had hardly won a race in 5 years into a title threat.

Reminds me a bit of agassi, started a bit of a knob but finished a statesman. Good luck Wunderkid.

Reply #3
I always remember him for  veering left and taking out Damon Hill to win the title when his car broke down one year. Was borderline cheating, he definitely was willing to do whatever it took.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #4
Did it to Villeneuve as well a couple of years later but the car finished the race.

Reply #5
I always remember him for  veering left and taking out Damon Hill to win the title when his car broke down one year. Was borderline cheating, he definitely was willing to do whatever it took.

Unfortunately, whenever his name is mentioned, that's what springs into my mind. Wish him all the best for a full recovery.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
I heard the news from my wife earlier today. Wish him well in his recovery. Mav makes a good point about ski injuries. There have been a few serious injuries and deaths while people are trying to enjoy a holiday.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #7
Hope all goes well for the great man. He is one of my sporting idols.
G.O.A.T
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Shumacher is in JK's sporting "Hall of Fame".

To me he is simply the greatest formula one driver of all time and I attended the Melbourne GP solely to watch the master. Off track he was as charismatic as he was in race mode.

Tonight I pray that he makes a full recovery for the sake of his family and for all of us who have loved his heroics. It would be unfair to lose such a great man like this.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #9
Shumacher is in JK's sporting "Hall of Fame".

To me he is simply the greatest formula one driver of all time and I attended the Melbourne GP solely to watch the master. Off track he was as charismatic as he was in race mode.

Tonight I pray that he makes a full recovery for the sake of his family and for all of us who have loved his heroics. It would be unfair to lose such a great man like this.
This is a great read. Article by DC. Respect.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10543292/I-only-hope-Michael-Schumacher-pulls-through-so-that-he-can-see-all-the-nice-things-people-are-saying-about-him.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #10
Turns 45 today.

Reply #11
I hope and pray that I am wrong but the longer he remains in a coma, I am beginning to fear the worst for the great man. Cant remember ever feeling this nervous over the health of a sportsperson (with all due respect).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
Win 92

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/motor-sport/michael-schumacher-no-longer-in-coma-following-skiing-accident-leaves-grenoble-hospital/story-fnibbz73-1226956509724
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
I heard earlier on he was out of his coma. Hopes he can recover properly after so long.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #14
He will have a long, long, long road ahead of him unfortunately. Sincerely hope there isn't too much damage, but it's never a good thing to be out for so long.

All the very best, Michael.