5 - Sachin Tendulkar
4 -Shane Warne
3 - Rodger Federer
2 -Michael Schumacher
1- Muhammad Ali
IN WADA WE TRUST

Re: JK's Hall of Fame.

Reply #1
Where is Gozza?  :'( Narrowly missed out at number 11?  :))

Reply #2
1. - Mohammed Ali - Casius Clay. Best boxer ever.
2. - Sir Donald Bradman. Best batsman in test cricket by a mile.
3. - Michael Jordan. Best basketball player, ever.
4. - Michael Schumacher. Best F1 driver ever. Sorry Sena just missed out.
5. - Peter Brock. Best race car driver ever, especially Bathurst 1000.
6. - Leigh Matthews. Best AFL/VFL footballer ever. Sorry Ablett Snr and Jnr.
7. - Black Caviar. Best race horse by record stats. Sorry Farlap, just missed out.
8. - Tiger Woods. Best golfer I have ever seen when on fire.
9. - Michael Doohan. Best motor cycle 500cc racer I have ever seen.
10. - Michael Phelps. Best swimmer I have ever watched. No swimmer will match his medal tally ever.

Close misses because the list isn't top 20. Randy Couture (MMA/UFC), Shane Warne (Bowler), Husain Bolt (100m/200m/4 x 100m relay sprinter T&F), Gary Ablett Snr (AFL/VFL footballer), Jarvier Gomez (Triathlete), Sena (F1 race car driver), Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketer), Martina Navratilova (Tennis player), Sugar Ray Leonard (Boxer), Carl Lewis (100m/200m/Long jump/4 x 100m relay T & F), and Roger Federer (Tennis player). The order of the out of the top ten are in random order. Roger probably the best of this field. Just appears to have faded for too long and should have quit while he was at the top of his game.

These guys and gal that I have selected have shown more guts and determination to be the best and have had some of the toughest contests. Either this or they were completely dominant in their sport for quite some time. Producing outstanding results and not in only a few contests. Just my opinion anyway.  ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
1. - Mohammed Ali - Casius Clay. Best boxer ever.
2. - Sir Donald Bradman. Best batsman in test cricket by a mile.
3. - Michael Jordan. Best basketball player, ever.
4. - Michael Schumacher. Best F1 driver ever. Sorry Sena just missed out.
5. - Peter Brock. Best race car driver ever, especially Bathurst 1000.
6. - Leigh Matthews. Best AFL/VFL footballer ever. Sorry Ablett Snr and Jnr.
7. - Black Caviar. Best race horse by record stats. Sorry Farlap, just missed out.
8. - Tiger Woods. Best golfer I have ever seen when on fire.
9. - Michael Doohan. Best motor cycle 500cc racer I have ever seen.
10. - Michael Phelps. Best swimmer I have ever watched. No swimmer will match his medal tally ever.

Close misses because the list isn't top 20. Randy Couture (MMA/UFC), Shane Warne (Bowler), Husain Bolt (100m/200m/4 x 100m relay sprinter T&F), Gary Ablett Snr (AFL/VFL footballer), Jarvier Gomez (Triathlete), Sena (F1 race car driver), Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketer), Martina Navratilova (Tennis player), Sugar Ray Leonard (Boxer), Carl Lewis (100m/200m/Long jump/4 x 100m relay T & F), and Roger Federer (Tennis player). The order of the out of the top ten are in random order. Roger probably the best of this field. Just appears to have faded for too long and should have quit while he was at the top of his game.

These guys and gal that I have selected have shown more guts and determination to be the best and have had some of the toughest contests. Either this or they were completely dominant in their sport for quite some time. Producing outstanding results and not in only a few contests. Just my opinion anyway.  ;)

No Wayne Carey?  :(

Reply #4
One that many people overlook is Kelly Slater. No one comes close to him in his sport. Still at the top of his game at 41.

Reply #5
One that many people overlook is Kelly Slater. No one comes close to him in his sport. Still at the top of his game at 41.

He's a freak for sure but I struggle with the judging criteria. Not saying it's flawed but it does not transpire into a fluent understanding of it's process.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
Yes Gozz, Carey just missed out on my list. He would be in a top 10 of just footy players for certain. Kelly Slater I agree with you Benny, he was a consideration, but so was Billy Slater (NRL) a consideration too with me. Its tough doing a top 10 list covering so many sports. That's why only one from each specific sport was considered on my list. I actually completely forgot how old Kelly Slater was to be honest. I even considered Cliff Young the gum boot runner from Sydney to Melbourne. ;)

If Lance Armstrong wasn't a cheat he would have probably topped the list with me. 7 Tour De France wins will never ever happen. Not legally without cheating.

Reply #8
I'd give a list a go only a lot of them have been mentioned. 

Here's some I would have put in or considered though that nobody else has; 

Pete Sampras - Do I need to elaborate?

Tony Lockett - Greatest ever goalkicker in VFL/AFL history. 

Wayne Carey - Greatest AFL player I've seen. 

Kieren Perkins - 1996 Olympics was just something else. 

Greg Norman - As much baggage to fill a jumbo jet, but a mighty golfer.

Kobe Bryant - Unbelievable to watch.   

Edit, and does Stone Cold Steve Austin count?  ;D

Reply #9
I even considered Cliff Young the gum boot runner from Sydney to Melbourne. ;)

The epitome of how far determination and a willingness to succeed can take the less talented in sport.

Reply #10
#1 S.  Bradbury.  World's greatest ever underdog, yet showed more skill than anybody when it truly mattered AND I believe also did a PB - talk about giving 100% when it really counted.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
#1 S.  Bradbury.  World's greatest ever underdog, yet showed more skill than anybody when it truly mattered AND I believe also did a PB - talk about giving 100% when it really counted.

Everyone else fell over. 

But it has become part of my vernacular. Whenever somebody arses something, it's known as 'doing a Bradbury'.  ;D 

Still, Peter Bradbury is an olympic gold medallist and nobody can take it away.

Reply #12
They fell over because they lacked skill and probably choked as well.  Bradbury was faster and better.  The results show it.  He has a gold medal to prove it and the others came ... wherever.

Dig deeper and people might see what Bradbury went through to win that medal.  If anybody ever won anything through sheer effort this was an example of it.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #13
Pretty difficult to say he was faster and better when the only reason he was even in the finals was that he was too slow to keep up with the main pack. You can say the guy at the head of the group may have choked but it's hard to suggest that those who were taken down simply because it was impossible to avoid someone who had fallen in front of them had choked or were too slow. If anything, they weren't slow enough.

Then it happened again in the final. Good lick to him, he has something very special and he deserves to have it but he wasn't the best, not even close.

Reply #14
I even considered Cliff Young the gum boot runner from Sydney to Melbourne. ;)

The epitome of how far determination and a willingness to succeed can take the less talented in sport.

Natural talent will only take you so far but Cliff prepared for hours and hours to get his body ready to finish his job. Then there is the age factor to consider too. when many his age are using walking frames just to get around with.