Skip to main content
Topic: Fifth Ashes Test - The Clean Sweeper ?? (Read 21492 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Fifth Ashes Test - The Clean Sweeper ??

Reply #30
All this beer advertising going on while the cricket is on telly certainly can't be good for the do-gooders of this society. Just saw an ad for Carlton Cold. Love that stuff.  ;D

Reply #31
This top order will seriously embarrass us in South Africa.  Same old rubbish.

Warner bowled playing down wrong line - happens a lot and aside from the odd rush of blood appears to be a technical flaw he needs to address.

Watson out in the last over before an interval, anybody else see a pattern here?
I wish I could say that you were wrong, but I can't. Our bowling may have been really good this series, but our batting still has serious issues. Especially in the depth department.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #32
Bailey's Test career just ended permanently, caught at slip for not very many.

Aussies in trouble now at 5-down.
I am sorry to say that his technique is really good for one day cricket, where the ball doesn't move around much. For test matches, his technique simply isn't good enough. He just gives the slips catching practice.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #33

I am sorry to say that his technique is really good for one day cricket, where the ball doesn't move around much. For test matches, his technique simply isn't good enough. He just gives the slips catching practice.

yet you could easily apply the same logic to one S. Smith?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #34

Smith has quite an unorthodox style, but he usually copes reasonably when the ball is moving. I'm not so sure about him in spin friendly conditions, but that is another issue.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #35

Smith has quite an unorthodox style, but he usually copes reasonably when the ball is moving. I'm not so sure about him in spin friendly conditions, but that is another issue.

Actually, with Clarke, Smith is the best player of spin in the side. One that copes with it very well

Reply #36
This top order will seriously embarrass us in South Africa.  Same old rubbish.

Warner bowled playing down wrong line - happens a lot and aside from the odd rush of blood appears to be a technical flaw he needs to address.

Watson out in the last over before an interval, anybody else see a pattern here?
I wish I could say that you were wrong, but I can't. Our bowling may have been really good this series, but our batting still has serious issues. Especially in the depth department.

Actually, bar one innings of all out 47 we've generally batted well against South Africa both here and abroad. A couple of 500s last summer against them. Our batting can be a bit brittle but the innings usually ends up with a decent score. It's been pretty decent this summer.

Reply #37
All this beer advertising going on while the cricket is on telly certainly can't be good for the do-gooders of this society. Just saw an ad for Carlton Cold. Love that stuff.  ;D

Cats' piss! 

I don't drink any of the mass-produced pig swill unless I'm desperate  :P

But here is Trevor O'Hoy, former boss of Australia's biggest brewer, Foster's, and a 33-year servant of the company doing just that, pronouncing the unthinkable: that mainstream beers are simply bland and inoffensive.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/former-fosters-brewer-damns-bland-beers-of-the-mainstream-20131222-2zt0l.html#ixzz2pQSWXkk9
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #38
Watson is about 8th in line when it comes to number 3 or 4 in this country.

Simply should not be in the Test team.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #39
Watson is about 8th in line when it comes to number 3 or 4 in this country.

Simply should not be in the Test team.

His bowling relief of the big time bowlers has kept him in the side. His ability to take catches worries me. His batting has not been elite to say the least. He just doesn't get it together often enough. Don't get me wrong. I like the guy, but he will struggle to hold his spot the way he is going.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #40
It's official, 5-0 series win to the Aussies.

Ben Stokes cannot beat 11 players on his own, the Poms need to go and find ten new guys who have some backbone plus genuinely want to play for their country.

Why did they drop Joe Root ?? He's got a solid technique and stands up under pressure, never seems to get flustered at all regardless of the situation.

Stokes & Root, there's two players they can start rebuilding with !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #41
Why did they drop Joe Root ?? He's got a solid technique and stands up under pressure, never seems to get flustered at all regardless of the situation.

I think it was more about testing the metal of some of the others more than dropping Root.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Thank christ for that. Lock thread now mods please. England go home. Footy season come now.  ;D

Reply #43
It's official, 5-0 series win to the Aussies.

Ben Stokes cannot beat 11 players on his own, the Poms need to go and find ten new guys who have some backbone plus genuinely want to play for their country.

I'll add Broad to Stokes as the two poms who can go home and think they had a go this series...if the English had some half decent slippers Broad would have 25 plus wickets this series and as Warne suggested he is  talented with the bat and should have done better.......

KP is the biggest dissapointment for England...he just couldnt be bothered when it got tough and played like a milllionaire everytime he batted...overated and over hyped.....
Biggest dud is Bairstow who cant keep or bat.....dont understand why Jos Buttler wasnt picked on the tour, good keeper and a real good player of pace bowling.
Goodbye Andy Flower IMO....

Root has a good technique but doesnt play enough strokes......England were pathetic over all and I dont think you could even consider them good warm up material for our tour to South Africa...like to see five test played vs the Saffies.

re: Watson....will stay in the team....we dont have many other options and his bowling is handy......reckon Bailey will tour South Africa but Doolan will play in the tests as Bailey wont last an over vs Steyn and crew...

Reply #44
I agree Broad and Stokes can hold their heads high for the quality effort they have had in this English side. Catches win matches as we have seen for years. The English have not held their catches well in this Ashes series at all. I am glad we have swept it 5-0. A real turn around from the recent 3-0 we showed over there. Lets just see what they can bring on in the one day format of the game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.