Skip to main content
Topic: OPINION : Our Next Premiership - Without Judd & Co ?? (Read 36645 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OPINION : Our Next Premiership - Without Judd & Co ??

Reply #45
In Tennis parlance, Carlton is a Thomas Berdych - Talented knocking on the door of the top bunch but cant crack through

Carlton = Anna Kournikova....looks good but cant win a title....

Reply #46
Will be visiting this site more after TC once again got touchy over my questioning of the club's decision making.
 If anyone knows my views the Judd deal was bad . You would only give up 2 potentially fine players who would be now at their peak and a 50 goals a year player for the best player in the land if the club thought they would win a flag in that time.
We are a long way off it and Judd hasn't long to go. Armfield the bi-product of the deal is a reasonable footballer but I reckon his skills arn't good enough to play in flags.
 Once again the club screws up.

Two things to consider
Injuries and depth. Last year I went to see Geelong and the Northern Blues at Skilled and we scored one goal in a half of footy in perfect conditions with around 15 listed and rookie listed players. Obviously our depth was crap but it wasn't tested with a lack of injuries. With the addition of the new players from other clubs our depth is marginally better but if injuries mount up we are in big trouble.
The opposition that finished below us could all improve this year which means that we need to get better just to finish 9th( yes that is where we finished last year in reality)

My view is that this list is not capable of winning a flag and we need to rebuild now. Not getting sheepdogs that Thomas or guys who simply aren't up to it like Cameron Wood.

The problem is the culture of the club which is where too good to rebuild. This view has been the club's biggest problem. Its own view of itself.
Personally I am coming around to the view that MM isn't the answer

Reply #47
Will be visiting this site more after TC once again got touchy over my questioning of the club's decision making.
 If anyone knows my views the Judd deal was bad . You would only give up 2 potentially fine players who would be now at their peak and a 50 goals a year player for the best player in the land if the club thought they would win a flag in that time.
We are a long way off it and Judd hasn't long to go. Armfield the bi-product of the deal is a reasonable footballer but I reckon his skills arn't good enough to play in flags.

Two things to consider
Injuries and depth. Last year I went to see Geelong and the Northern Blues at Skilled and we scored one goal in a half of footy in perfect conditions with around 15 listed and rookie listed players. Obviously our depth was crap but it wasn't tested with a lack of injuries. With the addition of the new players from other clubs our depth is marginally better but if injuries mount up we are in big trouble.
The opposition that finished below us could all improve this year which means that we need to get better just to finish 9th( yes that is where we finished last year in reality)

My view is that this list is not capable of winning a flag and we need to rebuild now. Not getting sheepdogs that Thomas or guys who simply aren't up to it like Cameron Wood.

The problem is the culture of the club which is where too good to rebuild. This view has been the club's biggest problem. Its own view of itself.

Entitled to your opinion Keogh but your views are about as glass half empty as they come.

Even under Ratten playing the 'hot' WCE in a Perth final, bar injury to T-bird and some arguably parochial umpiring we would have won that game.

We get Carrots and Thomas fit for 2014 our midfield is as good as any, nay probably the best, if Gibbs and Murphy find some serious form.

We now also have two real, quality swingmen for 2014 - Hendo and Everitt.

Injuries withstanding, we are a good a chance as any for top 4 in 2014. After that, it's a roll of the dice.

Judd is all class and arguably Josh K. would not have dwevelopped as he has if he had stayed at CFC.

Matt Kreuzer - yes a dissapointment thus far but he still has time on his side to be what we all thought he would be.... a champion.

THEY SAID IT

"He's (Kreuzer) served his apprenticeship and I think in the next 30-40 games he'll really come into his own.

"If he doesn’t get more serious injuries he could play another 150-200 games. If that happens, he'll just keep getting better and become not only one of the best ruckmen but one of the best players in the competition.

“He can do things that other ruckmen can't. What's underestimated is his ability to do things after he hits the ball. He doesn’t just stand back and let the little fellas fight for the ball; he lays tackles and shepherds and stays in the contest. He certainly imposes himself.” – Former Carlton premiership ruckman Justin Madden, Saturday 27 July.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-10-02/2013-review-matthew-kreuzer
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #48

Even under Ratten playing the 'hot' WCE in a Perth final, bar injury to T-bird and some arguably parochial umpiring we would have won that game.

We're a different side playing under a different system. We can't use that as a yardstick anymore.

We can run off as many "good" players as we like but we are still at a stage where we need to address the following:
- Play 4 quarters of football in most games
- Play more good games than bad
- Learn how to consistently set up around stoppages.
- Learn how to run both ways.

We still have major flaws in how we approach each game and we have a leader (and leadership group ) who has huge question marks over whether he can influence the  group in a way which demands they work even when the odds are against them.

Reply #49
If he doesn't work 'against the odds' not much chance the rest of the team will. Captain needs to lead by example.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #50
@Keogh

Been trying to convince to join the darkside for years welcome aboard!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #52

Two things to consider

Entitled to your opinion Keogh but your views are about as glass half empty as they come.

We get Carrots and Thomas fit for 2014 our midfield is as good as any, nay probably the best, if Gibbs and Murphy find some serious form.

We now also have two real, quality swingmen for 2014 - Hendo and Everitt.

Injuries withstanding, we are a good a chance as any for top 4 in 2014. After that, it's a roll of the dice.

Judd is all class and arguably Josh K. would not have dwevelopped as he has if he had stayed at CFC.

Matt Kreuzer - yes a dissapointment thus far but he still has time on his side to be what we all thought he would be.... a champion.

THEY SAID IT

"He's (Kreuzer) served his apprenticeship and I think in the next 30-40 games he'll really come into his own.

"If he doesn’t get more serious injuries he could play another 150-200 games. If that happens, he'll just keep getting better and become not only one of the best ruckmen but one of the best players in the competition.

“He can do things that other ruckmen can't. What's underestimated is his ability to do things after he hits the ball. He doesn’t just stand back and let the little fellas fight for the ball; he lays tackles and shepherds and stays in the contest. He certainly imposes himself.” – Former Carlton premiership ruckman Justin Madden, Saturday 27 July.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-10-02/2013-review-matthew-kreuzer

Everitt is not a proven performer yet
Our midfield is average they don't run well enough the other way and some lack mongrel. Gibbs is so overrated. For someone who is looked upon as a quality mid he still spends way too much in defence.
We lack depth although it's better than last year

Reply #53
@Keogh

Hopefully this site doesn't squash peoples opiniond

Hmmm can guarantee that your opinions, whilst more than likely being unwelcome to some, will remain up for all to see. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's bad thing!! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #54
@Keogh

Hopefully this site doesn't squash peoples opiniond

Hmmm can guarantee that your opinions, whilst more than likely being unwelcome to some, will remain up for all to see. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's bad thing!! :P

But all in all, this site encourages rather than stifles debate. that's not to say there isn't  heated debating and disagreement, but that's the fun of it. Welcome Keogh.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #55
Talking Carlton is the Mensa of the internet.

Reply #56
We still have major flaws in how we approach each game and we have a leader (and leadership group ) who has huge question marks over whether he can influence the  group in a way which demands they work even when the odds are against them.

Well, only the 2014 season can judge whether Murphy will garner Selwood like respect....?

Bring it in. The latter part of last season came me a degree of confidence that Murphy can deliver.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #57
Well, only the 2014 season can judge whether Murphy will garner Selwood like respect....?

Agree, he has every opportunity to prove to the world he can be a great captain. The team could go either way IMO and much of the responsibility of which direction it takes will fall at the feet of Murph.

Reply #58
Welcome to Keogh..always enjoyed his work on TC and we can always do with another point of view that isnt blinded by a Navy Blue haze....
Have not been back to TC in ages.....are the Cazz's with blind loyalty still defending the recruiting?

Reply #59
Welcome to Keogh..always enjoyed his work on TC and we can always do with another point of view that isnt blinded by a Navy Blue haze....
Have not been back to TC in ages.....are the Cazz's with blind loyalty still defending the recruiting?

Yep.
Welcome Keogh.
Seen your work on tc
Like your thinking...