Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 - Strugglers (Read 20250 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 - Strugglers

Reply #15
We'll know within the first 3-4 weeks what our culture is like and whether it has improved sufficiently into a winner's mindset or not. I'll be looking for a strong break out of the blocks and a lot of hunger being shown by each player.

MM has had a year to settle and get the boys into his way of doing things and now I am expecting to see strong improvements in the way we go about things pretty much from game 1.

Anticipation beginning to build for me! My years are ticking past now guys, I want to see another flag pdq!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
We'll know within the first 3-4 weeks what our culture is like and whether it has improved sufficiently into a winner's mindset or not. I'll be looking for a strong break out of the blocks and a lot of hunger being shown by each player.

MM has had a year to settle and get the boys into his way of doing things and now I am expecting to see strong improvements in the way we go about things pretty much from game 1.

Anticipation beginning to build for me! My years are ticking past now guys, I want to see another flag pdq!  ;)

So do I as I am no spring chicken myself. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
@Mantis

Carrazzo is effectively a new inclusion as he barely played last season.  He alone is capable of being the difference between winning and losing on any given day when up and running.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
@Mantis

Carrazzo is effectively a new inclusion as he barely played last season.  He alone is capable of being the difference between winning and losing on any given day when up and running.

Carrots and Thomas add two 'new' big bodied, mature and game hardened mids to our midfield mix.

With Gibbs doing more in the guts, takes a lot of pressure off Murphy and Judd.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #19
@Mantis

It will be interesting to see how Carrazzo gets used in 2014 given Curnow's rising star, maybe Carrots is another who's prospects look far less than certain.

In a swing role, perhaps running forward I'd rather have Curnow on the set shot than Carrazzo. But I'd rather have Carrazzo working on the inside than Curnow. What will the coach prefer?

Decisions, decisions, decisions!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
@Mantis

It will be interesting to see how Carrazzo gets used in 2014 given Curnow's rising star, maybe Carrots is another who's prospects look far less than certain.

In a swing role, perhaps running forward I'd rather have Curnow on the set shot than Carrazzo. But I'd rather have Carrazzo working on the inside than Curnow. What will the coach prefer?

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Some real depth and quality in the mids now?

Core - Thomas, Murphy, Judd, Carrots, Curnow (4th in the F & B?), Gibbs, McLean - plenty of potential A grade material there?!!

Juniors - Lucas, Bell, Cachia, Cripps

Cameos - Yazz, Garlett, Scotland, Holman, the other blond kid (name?), Army, Special K!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #21
@FB
Nick Graham is the other one! Could be quite handy.

Reply #22
Mitch Robinson doesnt even rate a mention, yet he has been handy at winning a few clearances at times.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #24
@FB
Nick Graham is the other one! Could be quite handy.

There is something about him isn't there, he just seemed to slot in so casually last year. Hope he has a great year.

Hope you're right about this year JC - he certainly wasn't over-awed in his few appearances last year - in fact showed some poise IMO.

Reply #25
Mitch Robinson doesnt even rate a mention, yet he has been handy at winning a few clearances at times.

Here I was thinking we had a lack of leadership but we have leaders coming out of our ears!  ;)

Reply #26

Here I was thinking we had a lack of leadership but we have leaders coming out of our ears!  ;)

No doubt Robbo is Malthouse's 'go to' man when he's pi55ed off. Not too sure you can have a leader that gets picked on by the coach.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27

No doubt Robbo is Malthouse's 'go to' man when he's pi55ed off. Not too sure you can have a leader that gets picked on by the coach.

You're right PI2C - they are not leaders but whipping boys.  ;)

Reply #28
Good coaches will know that each bloke ticks differently and different things will influence them to play better. Robbo's is obviously getting a serve.  ;D

Reply #29
if we can keep Henderson up forward, the team balance looks good. Waite is getting older, injury phone and would be good news forward or back as an extra.

I note that Cameron Giles has height and weight close to Lauchie, Cripps is a big boy 193/91 and Everitt 194/89 could also play CHB.

Pretty healthy options! We are in good shape!

I would like Watson to come through, not sure if he will! Not sure if Bell will have the sophistication and I hope Robinson will - but the year might find them out.

If Casboult can play forward as Cloke does, we will be laughing