Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 - Strugglers (Read 20214 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 - Strugglers

Reply #30
if we can keep Henderson up forward, the team balance looks good. Waite is getting older, injury phone and would be good news forward or back as an extra.

I note that Cameron Giles has height and weight close to Lauchie, Cripps is a big boy 193/91 and Everitt 194/89 could also play CHB.

Pretty healthy options! We are in good shape!

I would like Watson to come through, not sure if he will! Not sure if Bell will have the sophistication and I hope Robinson will - but the year might find them out.

If Casboult can play forward as Cloke does, we will be laughing

I like your optimistic attitude and if Casboult can kick straight, we are on a winner. We know he can clunk a mark. Just needs to finish in front of the big sticks.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #31
Interesting that Lucas is not rating much of a mention. Won't be easy for him to break into this side. Last chance. Wasted first round pick?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #32
Or maybe the master of obsfucation at work again.  Would you promote someone publically that has no profile is flying under the radar yet at times last year was capable of getting 20+ touches of the footy a game with only the disposal being a cause for concern?

Lucas tidies up his ball use, and he is on his way to becoming a genuine contributer at worst and potentially a game winner.  Happy for him to continue going through the motions and come out the other side a better footballer.

Malthouse has form in this regard.  When he was at charge at Collingwood all these no name kids would get games until they were ready to emerge as genuine contributers and then they would get a bit of positive press AFTER they started churning out some good performances.  We do the opposite, build them up and then they never fail to dissapoint and are universally rejected by the media, supporter base and everyone and all that gets focussed on is how badly they go in certain situations.  Consequently the kids feel abandoned and end up another fish that John West rejects.  Confidence can be the difference between making it and not.  Set them short achievable and realistic targets and only move the goal posts once they run out of things to achieve.  Soon enough you end up with players that have developed beautifully or not at all.  Which one is up to the player.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
Over 30 with achilles tendon problems, Chris Judd 2014 struggler.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34

Yup, talking about " management of symptoms". He'll play out the year but I reckon we can take out a fork and start eyeing off a place to stick it.

Reply #35

Yup, talking about " management of symptoms". He'll play out the year but I reckon we can take out a fork and start eyeing off a place to stick it.

MM knows that and that's why he's been talking about reducing the burden on Judd no doubt.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36

Hard to disagree LP..as Krud said on the other thread achillies tend to drag on and I think he will miss more than two games to begin with and may need some time outs through the season to nurse him into the finals.

Reply #37

Hard to disagree LP..as Krud said on the other thread achillies tend to drag on and I think he will miss more than two games to begin with and may need some time outs through the season to nurse him into the finals.

Alistair Brownlee and ultra elite triathlete from England can tell you all about this particular injury. It has followed him for years. Sure he is an Olympic gold medallist and the worlds best triathlete. However it plagues him at one moment of a few months every year in his series.

Reply #38

Alistair Brownlee and ultra elite triathlete from England can tell you all about this particular injury. It has followed him for years. Sure he is an Olympic gold medallist and the worlds best triathlete. However it plagues him at one moment of a few months every year in his series.

And Alistair doesnt have 22 opposing players tackling him into the turf each week ...think Juddy will have his work cut out to be at his best with this injury even if he does get on the park often enough..

Reply #39
After years of training in Karate my Missus was cruelled by an Achilles injury that not only finished her state squad commitments but also her Black belt so close and yet so far. Mine was destroyed by a back injury.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #40
After years of training in Karate my Missus was cruelled by an Achilles injury that not only finished her state squad commitments but also her Black belt so close and yet so far. Mine was destroyed by a back injury.

Remind me never to offend you JK. I suspect despite, back trouble, you can still pack a mean punch  :)
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #41

Remind me never to offend you JK. I suspect despite, back trouble, you can still pack a mean punch  :)

It's all about self defence DU ;) I'm a lover not a fighter :)

IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #42
It's is absolutely the case that a Crowley tagger type will give Judd the odd "accidental" kick in the achilles at times during the coming season.

If you think that stuff doesn't happen, watch footage of blokes like Brown and Baker.

If a bloke has a perceived weakness, they will test it, that is how the achilles got it's name!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
It's is absolutely the case that a Crowley tagger type will give Judd the odd "accidental" kick in the achilles at times during the coming season.

If you think that stuff doesn't happen, watch footage of blokes like Brown and Baker.

If a bloke has a perceived weakness, they will test it, that is how the achilles got it's name!

Robinson has his uses and needs to be one to take a Crowley out if it need be. Robinson and Bell need to be used well and their body strength and sizes need to be taken advantage of. In the case of Robinson, his courage and will to hurt a player.

Reply #44

Robinson has his uses and needs to be one to take a Crowley out if it need be. Robinson and Bell need to be used well and their body strength and sizes need to be taken advantage of. In the case of Robinson, his courage and will to hurt a player.

I think clubs are now well aware of how Crowley plays and I expect him and his ilk to get a lot more physical treatment this season, I fully expect to hear and read Ross Lyon complaining about how Crowley is being attacked off the ball and manhandled by opposition players at ball ups etc.
I can see the Mark Yeates/Dermott Brereton scenerio happening with Crowley, Hocking etc and being lined up at ball ups and meeting with some physical players like Robinson, Bell and even Kruezer/Casboult etc...good coaches wont allow star players to be kept out of games by this type of negating and I can see the tactics changing this season.