Skip to main content
Topic: Pubs to watch AFL in Sin City? (Read 3642 times) previous topic - next topic

Pubs to watch AFL in Sin City?

Got a "male bonding weekend" planned for Sin City in August... we will be extremely keen to find pubs/venues in Sydney (CBD/inner city) that will have the footy on tv and beer on tap.

Appreciate any suggestions from Sydney locals!

Re: Pubs to watch AFL in Sin City?

Reply #1
Hmmm, what suburb are you staying in, that may make it easier to choose one for you ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #2
Sheik, sorry to be vague but i reckon we will be in the cbd or inner city area (which i sort of define as Paddington, Darlinghurst, K Cross etc).

Reply #3
The light brigade in Paddington shows AFL

Reply #4
There is a pub in Randwick that the NSW Supporter group meets at to watch games.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #5
Anyone subscribe to the AFL TV app or whatever the subscription service is called?

Any luck in sending the signal to your main TV?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Anyone subscribe to the AFL TV app or whatever the subscription service is called?

DU put me onto this FB.

You need an Apple TV to stream the vision from your Ipad to the TV set, connected to the TV via an HDMI cable and connected to your home network via WiFi or Ethernet cable. Once that's working you can stream from the Ipad to the Apple TV via Airplay (don't use the Screen Image function, video didn't work for me on that). Works well IMO. Have watched a couple of NAB games and you get the Fox Live coverage.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7

DU put me onto this FB.

You need an Apple TV to stream the vision from your Ipad to the TV set, connected to the TV via an HDMI cable and connected to your home network via WiFi or Ethernet cable. Once that's working you can stream from the Ipad to the Apple TV via Airplay (don't use the Screen Image function, video didn't work for me on that). Works well IMO. Have watched a couple of NAB games and you get the Fox Live coverage.

are you a bigpond subscriber, if you use another ISP do you get whacked for the download size/time?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
@FB
Yes I'm now with Bigpond, downloads not metered and charges don't apply. Charges would be applicable with other ISPs.
Reality always wins in the end.