Skip to main content
Topic: 3rd test Australia v South Africa @ Cape Town (Read 19914 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 3rd test Australia v South Africa @ Cape Town

Reply #30
Enjoying this.!!

Wish I was there.

Great to watch but it ain't over yet, they bat right down to Abbott who has 1st class centuries.

Time for Lyon to repay the faithful.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
God help the rest of the world if we ever get all of our quicks healthy at the same time. Can you imagine Johnson, Pattinson and Cummins all firing at once, would be magnificent to watch.

They are sideshow compared to Harris, Harris and Siddle are the reason we had the luxury to give Johnston one last chance which he took. But they are the rock solid foundation that lets the selectors take risks elsewhere.

You cannot have three scatter guns in one attack, you need some marksmen!

Incorrect. Johnson was given one last chance at the Gabba because everyone else was injured. If any of Pattinson, Starc or Cummins was available he wouldn't have been picked. And Cummins isn't a scatter gun.

Reply #32
Enjoying this.!!

Wish I was there.

Great to watch but it ain't over yet, they bat right down to Abbott who has 1st class centuries.

Time for Lyon to repay the faithful.

Lyon will continue to perform nicely, missed stumping by haddin did not help his figures this innings.

Reply #33
Still enjoying it.

Still wishing I was there.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #34
Still enjoying it.

Still wishing I was there.
Warner not far off another century. Gotta be happy with that.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #35
I wonder what target Clarke will set; 450 or will he give the bowlers a short burst before tea?

The South Africans can bat out the game but I don't think they can score quickly enough to chase down anything over 400.

Duminy's tactics are interesting; Warner can't score if he can't reach the ball  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
I would be batting after lunch like there is no tomorrow. Give enough time in this session to be bowling for at least 40 to 45 mins. Giving the Aussies a chance to get 1 or 2 wickets over before the last session of the day. More than enough time to bowl them out if we field and bowl well. Enough batting time to be at around 485 runs or more (Even 500) as a target that they will struggle to reach. Keep the pressure on them to bat fast enough, or drag time out being too defensive then crowd the batsmen with fielders. Be aggressive and show intent. Just my view anyway. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #37
South Africa set over 500; a few quick wickets today and I suspect they will crumble.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #38
South Africa set over 500; a few quick wickets today and I suspect they will crumble.

Here's hoping!!

Who would have thought we'd be in this position after the disastrous ashes tour of England?

It's a credit to Boof for sure!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #39
2/13!!!!

Here we go here we go here we go!!!!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #40
3/15 :))
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #41
Went to bed when we had a 500 lead. Great stuff lads. Shame GSmith could not eek out a few more runs, a great player.

Just 6 wickets to go...

Still a big gap between us and SAF on the points table though.

Reply #42
Went to bed when we had a 500 lead. Great stuff lads. Shame GSmith could not eek out a few more runs, a great player.

Just 6 wickets to go...

Win here though and we can lay claim to being the world's best team.

Only place now we'd struggle is in India as they'd just doctor their wickets. We'd still lose 4-0 there. We play them here next summer though.

Reply #43

Just 6 wickets to go...

Win here though and we can lay claim to being the world's best team.

Only place now we'd struggle is in India as they'd just doctor their wickets. We'd still lose 4-0 there. We play them here next summer though.

Agree....the points table doesnt to relate to the present IMO, we are the best team in the world with India the only unconquered territory as as you rightly pointed out and  that will remain so while they doctor their wickets to favour their spinners and nullify any genuine pace bowling.

Shame Smith went out of the game the way he did, probably should have pulled the plug when Kallis quit.

Reply #44
Slow work today but I think we'll knock them over.

Another genuine bowler would be handy.