Skip to main content
Topic: 3rd test Australia v South Africa @ Cape Town (Read 19928 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 3rd test Australia v South Africa @ Cape Town

Reply #45
Good to see the back of de Villiers, but du Plessis is proving to be a thorn in the side. A draw would be catastrophic from where we started in this second innings of SA.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #46
Oops, du plessis gone and now they're 7/201.

C'mon Aussies!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #47
screwing magnificent effort.

Go screw yourself ya Yarpie ****s.!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #48
I'll tell ya what David Warner is the type of player that can get me back to watching cricket. Can't beleive I watched a full session last night first time in a long time.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
Mighty effort on that last day... especially from Harris.

Can't remember the last time I watched so much cricket when we're not playing in Oz. Still a couple of glaring weaknesses in terms of blokes who shouldn't be in the side but gee Boof is really getting some steel and character into this side. And Michael Clarke continues to grow as a Skipper.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #50
Mighty effort on that last day... especially from Harris.

Can't remember the last time I watched so much cricket when we're not playing in Oz. Still a couple of glaring weaknesses in terms of blokes who shouldn't be in the side but gee Boof is really getting some steel and character into this side. And Michael Clarke continues to grow as a Skipper.

Like?

Reply #51
Congratulations to both Australia and Sth Africa for a series of high quality, proper Test cricket.  Should have been live to air but that's another topic.

Like the Australian way - prepared to lose in an attempt to win (i.e. bat for runs and declaration and back bowlers to win game).  Also admire the Saffie's ability to bat for long periods.

On other issues;

1.  Lyon disappointing on the final day, but I guess the pitch lacked wear fro him to exploit.

2.  My two cents on reverse swing...  from a bowler's perspective.  The ball will only go reverse once the seam has been abraded off.  At the same time you need to keep the surface in reasonable condition - and that's the trick.  Abrading the seam off counts for naught if the surface is too scuffed- it simply won't do anything.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #52
Phew! Woke up to the good news of a test and series win, after watching a bit on laptop last night.

27 balls a little close for comfort but its done now.

Rest up lads till September... job nicely done, congrats.

Reply #53
Congratulations to both Australia and Sth Africa for a series of high quality, proper Test cricket.  Should have been live to air but that's another topic.

Like the Australian way - prepared to lose in an attempt to win (i.e. bat for runs and declaration and back bowlers to win game).  Also admire the Saffie's ability to bat for long periods.

On other issues;

1.  Lyon disappointing on the final day, but I guess the pitch lacked wear fro him to exploit.

2.  My two cents on reverse swing...  from a bowler's perspective.  The ball will only go reverse once the seam has been abraded off.  At the same time you need to keep the surface in reasonable condition - and that's the trick.  Abrading the seam off counts for naught if the surface is too scuffed- it simply won't do anything.

The lack of wear hurt Lyon but also that was an extremely slow, flat deck.

It's a perfect storm of crap for an offie. no fizz, no bounce and any turn a all is so slow the batsman can play it off the deck.

This also makes what our pacemen did extra special. Really we have no right bowling a batting lineup like the Yarps out twice in three days on that deck.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #54
A great come back and series win after their loss in the 2nd test. Away and against quality opposition at that !! Well done boys, well done !!

I have to add, I am really impressed with Boof as coach, he is doing a great job, I hope he stays in the role for a long time !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #55
A great come back and series win after their loss in the 2nd test. Away and against quality opposition at that !! Well done boys, well done !!

I have to add, I am really impressed with Boof as coach, he is doing a great job, I hope he stays in the role for a long time !!

I agree with you all the way. Coach is getting the job done and so are the players. Its a shame there was a brain fade by the side in the second test. The bowlers need to be switched on all the time. Boys with the bat too. Great job guys. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.