Skip to main content
Topic: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch (Read 68341 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 Richmond V Carlton - Prematch

Reply #120
Rather than dropping Brock I think one of Bell or Robbo is more likely - among others.
Robbo for mine, serial butcher.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #121
What does Buckley have to do to get a game? The kid has pace and takes the game on. He tries to make things happen. I'd love to see him get a regular gig.

I so agree with this!

As for Robbo, he had 21 and 27 touches in our two finals last year and kicked 3 goals. He's not going anywhere and nor he shouldn't.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #122
Hawthorn won a flag with inferior pure ruckmen but they worked it into an advantage.

Bailey was their best ruck but he was subbed off at 3 quarter time nearly every match for a midfielder to bring in more run.

Hale helped Bailey out and was probably their best contested mark up forward.

Roughead would go into the ruck in the final terms to bring even more run late in games.
Inferior than who, someone on our list?

Bailey(even as a cripple), Hale and Roughead are all a mile ahead of Rowe and Casboult.

Warnock and Kreuzer may break even in the centre circle, but as soon the ball moves out of the centre circle Bailey, Hale and Roughead all mark the ball or link up better than both our guys, actually all our guys. All three Hawthorn rucks could use their body and bulk well.

Your concept of inferior Hawthorn rucks seems to be coming from a very limited perspective! I assume by ruck you mean the centre tap, which explains your apparent perception of rucks and their value.

When I think of rucks I think of blokes who can drift across packs in D50 to take saving marks, guys who can sneak forward and mark deep in the F50. Guys who use their bulk to block defenders from tackling forwards. Players who create space around them for others. Guys who hurt the opposition physically, guys who take the front position. The tap is such a pissy component of the role ruckmen play that judging their value by it is almost a joke!

"pure ruckmen"
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #123
What does Buckley have to do to get a game? The kid has pace and takes the game on. He tries to make things happen. I'd love to see him get a regular gig.

I so agree with this!

As for Robbo, he had 21 and 27 touches in our two finals last year and kicked 3 goals. He's not going anywhere and nor he shouldn't.

Yet he was voted worst on ground. So if he doesn't make way, someone less deserving does. How is that fair?

We need to start rewarding players for good performances and penalising those who have bad ones. Only then we will see a rise in team output.

Reply #125

I so agree with this!

Yet he was voted worst on ground.

What in this forum? Means sweet FA. I didn't have him in my worst. I'd be shocked if he was dropped.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #126
This game on Thursday will define our season as far as I am concerned. If we win, then there is hope for us to at least make the 8. If we lose, we are gone.

The reason I say this, is because we will be facing a team who will be out to avenge their unexpected loss to us in the finals last year. They will be mentally and physically at their peak and will throw everything at us.

If we can not only withstand their pressure, but play with the same endeavour and pressure that we displayed in the first quarter last week, albeit with more accurate kicking this time, and we can do it for four quarters, and we beat them, it will set us up for the rest of the season.

The season is going to be so tight this year, that we cannot afford to be 0/2 or 0/3 down. We will not recover from that.

I was around and didn't miss a game in 1964, our 100th. anniversary. The hype was unreal. I was far more heavily involved in the club at that time, through my fathers connections there, his friendship with the board and the players, in particular Big Nic who came to our home every week during his first 10 years at the club.

WE finished 10th!! In fact it was our worst year ever up to that point, in the VFL.

I haven't lived and supported the club this long, to see a repeat.

Unless modern medicine improves out of sight, I won't be around to see the 200th. anniversary, so I hope the boys that we have got, the coach and the coaching staff, can make this 150th year of our existence, a year to remember.

For all the right reasons ;D ;D

Reply #127
If we can not only withstand their pressure, but play with the same endeavour and pressure that we displayed in the first quarter last week, albeit with more accurate kicking this time, and we can do it for four quarters, and we beat them, it will set us up for the rest of the season.

Bring that endeavour and pressure to the match and we'll push every side.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #129

As we have shown in the past with any team. Come to play, and things just fall into place. Turn up flat and deflated, and your better off just going back home.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #130

As we have shown in the past with any team. Come to play, and things just fall into place. Turn up flat and deflated, and your better off just going back home.

Not good enough though. We used to bury teams, yet now we struggle to get over the line.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #131

Not good enough though. We used to bury teams, yet now we struggle to get over the line.
Unfortunately the days of us smashing teams seem to have disappeared again. We need to be able to kick goals regularly and keep other teams from kicking them. That is where we are showing weakness: we don't have the guys who get on top and stay there.

If we can replicate the pressure game of the 1st quarter on a regular basis, we can beat anyone. That football was some of the best we've played in years, especially without Judd and Carrots.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #132
This game on Thursday will define our season as far as I am concerned. If we win, then there is hope for us to at least make the 8. If we lose, we are gone.

The reason I say this, is because we will be facing a team who will be out to avenge their unexpected loss to us in the finals last year. They will be mentally and physically at their peak and will throw everything at us.

The season is going to be so tight this year, that we cannot afford to be 0/2 or 0/3 down. We will not recover from that.

I was around and didn't miss a game in 1964, our 100th. anniversary. The hype was unreal. I was far more heavily involved in the club at that time, through my fathers connections there, his friendship with the board and the players, in particular Big Nic who came to our home every week during his first 10 years at the club.

WE finished 10th!! In fact it was our worst year ever up to that point, in the VFL.

I haven't lived and supported the club this long, to see a repeat.

Unless modern medicine improves out of sight, I won't be around to see the 200th. anniversary, so I hope the boys that we have got, the coach and the coaching staff, can make this 150th year of our existence, a year to remember.

For all the right reasons ;D ;D

I was locking us in as certainties to win this week, and then I read the bit in Bold.

Now I am sitting there thinking about our boys and what they regularly dish up, and the only reason I think we are a chance is because this Richmond side tends to run in 4 game trends where they start getting poor results, they continue them for a few matches.

Our boys are a week to week proposition and even then its Jekyll and Hyde stuff.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #133
You guys tipping the Carlton walkover are dreaming! The tigers at least have heart, and they have a big loss to avenge. They will put everything into beating us.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!