Skip to main content

Poll

Did Webber retire too soon?

No, he was due to move one.
[ 3 ] (75%)
Maybe, but he too might have struggled.
[ 0 ] (0%)
Yes, Vettel isn't coping with the changes.
[ 1 ] (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Topic: Did Webber retire too soon? (Read 3539 times) previous topic - next topic

Did Webber retire too soon?

Well, I look at the variability of Vettel versus the early form of Ricciardo and it makes me wonder, was Webber too rash in pulling the pin?

We have had the heads of RBR complaining about the new regulations, they are virtually crying over what they perceive as changes specifically targeted to reign them in. Paranoid as that may be, Ricciardo seems to be doing OK.

This makes me think Vettel seems unable to adjust to the refinements and requirements of driving a turbo to the limit, he has made statements about the new power plants, while Ricciardo in the same machine seems to do fine. Most of the other drivers I regard as turbo experienced seem to have adapted to the change better than Vettel.

How would MW go with the return of the turbo, they are cars that need a driver not just a reckless bloody minded lead foot?

Multi 21 Seb, get out of Ricciardo's way you are slowing him down!
The Force Awakens!

Re: Did Webber retire too soon?

Reply #1
Just on your last line, it should now read 'default 31'

They changed Multi with Default, and the numbers refer to the car numbers of the driver. ;)

Other than that, no, Mark did the right thing.

If he was racing now and had what happened to Ricciardo happen to him he would've quit on the spot. For too long he has been screwed over by RBR, he's happier now.

Reply #2
Further to the above, the rule changes to minimum car weight is forcing drivers to drop weight and are borderline anorexic in some cases. Webber being the tallest of the drivers, and usually heaviest as a result, would work against him more than in any other year.

He left at the right time.

FWIW, Vettel will come back and Ricciardo will start to struggle at some more unfamiliar/trickier circuits in the future.

Reply #3
Just out of interest, would Webber be worth tens of millions?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Good effort from Kvyat to qualify 8th.
IN WADA WE TRUST