Skip to main content
Topic: Message Time Out. (Read 2812 times) previous topic - next topic

Message Time Out.

Folks.
We seem to be having a few issues with the site.
If you are trying to post and get a message that your session has timed out, log out of the site and then log back in.
That should fix that problem.

Re: Message Time Out.

Reply #1
Phew!  I didn’t think that my typing was that slow  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
If anyone else is having this problem and it persists Spanner has advised that you clear cookies from your browser.

Reply #3
If anyone else is having this problem and it persists Spanner has advised that you clear cookies from your browser.

My earlier issue seems to have self corrected. I did shut down last night and rebooted today.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
I got it when I used my phone on Samsung internet earlier on, swapped to the Google Chrome phone app, no issue.

Reply #5
It appears a number of folks are still having trouble with posting and PM's.

It comes with a "session timed out" message

It seems to come and go.

It's occurring for me in both Edge and Firefox

Clearing the cookies from your browser does  seem to be of benefit but I'm again having a problem in Edge.

If you're still having issues after clearing cookies could you give us a bit of an idea.
You may have to wait until you have a window of access.

Reply #6
It has been coming and going with no real difference made by me.

I.e. I cleared the cache, rebooted, logged out logged in, used another device and it worked and then didn't again.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
It has been coming and going with no real difference made by me.

I.e. I cleared the cache, rebooted, logged out logged in, used another device and it worked and then didn't again.

Thanks Thry…
Just trying to get an idea of how widespread it is and if folks are having the same issue across a range of browsers and devices.

Reply #8
No problem.

At work it was a firefox browser.

On the phone its chrome.

I'm in IT so I understand.

Before I was posting got the timeout, hit reply a second time and it worked.

Very odd.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
Found out by accident that when the timout message comes up if you press the Preview button then the Post button it works and the message is posted.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
Found out by accident that when the timout message comes up if you press the Preview button then the Post button it works and the message is posted.

I do the same here. It always works immediately.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #11

Discovered exactly the same thing.  :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17