Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Pre Game Mission Critical Powwow: Carlton vs GWS (Read 14994 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20: Pre Game Mission Critical Powwow: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #60
I guess we just need another bigger body to go with Rowe and Marchbank.  GWS have Cameron,  Lobbe,  Himmelberg,  Landon so they have a lot of tall options.

I agree that we would give Schumacher a run before the season ends.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #61
I guess we just need another bigger body to go with Rowe and Marchbank.  GWS have Cameron,  Lobbe,  Himmelberg,  Landon so they have a lot of tall options.

I agree that we would give Schumacher a run before the season ends.

Often  if a side is tall you can just run off them. GWS have actually played better with Cameron out of the side.

Reply #62
Yeah, Langdon is shorter than Murphy ffs...

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #63
I'd have preferred to give Schumacher a go. Rowe and Marchbank can play the 2 key defensive posts. Just see no point picking O'Shea.

x2 Can only imagine how many goals he has conceded in 2018 during one on one contests.  Either gets out positioned and his opponent takes an easy uncontested mark or he will grab on to an opponent, scrag him and he gets penalised resulting in a free shot at goal.

His below average when has some protection but absolutely hopeless if isolated.

Watch how many times giants go thru his player if they are one on one tomorrow.

Reply #64
Give him a bit of slack.  Our team's ability to structure behind the ball has been limited all season thanks to the revolving door of players getting hurt.

The Tigers got to where they're with years of perseverence with fewer changes.  He's new to the club and his teamates and despite how badly we have travelled given he's the only change we'll get a true indication of where we he's at now than any other time this year.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #65
OSheas kicking is his main problem IMO....every kick is shanked and goes to the opposition...been terrible.
Does contest but does get outbodied too often as well..

Reply #66
OSheas kicking is his main problem IMO....every kick is shanked and goes to the opposition...been terrible.
Does contest but does get outbodied too often as well..

Kicking/decision making.

He has the ability to kick the ball, but he chooses the wrong options and gets found out. Players sag off, tempting him to kick it their way, and then pounce on the kick and cause the turnover.

Reply #67
Kerridge AND Graham have been pulled out of the NB game. We normally only hold back 1 emergency. Another late change?!?!

Reply #68
Kerridge AND Graham have been pulled out of the NB game. We normally only hold back 1 emergency. Another late change?!?!
Looking probable at this point. At has killed the 2's. The NBs lost Wilson as well, so they are playing effectively without a midfield and maybe 100 possessions down on the day.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #69
Give him a bit of slack. Our team's ability to structure behind the ball has been limited all season thanks to the revolving door of players getting hurt.

The Tigers got to where they're with years of perseverence with fewer changes.  He's new to the club and his teamates and despite how badly we have travelled given he's the only change we'll get a true indication of where we he's at now than any other time this year.

I did.

But when it happen again, again and again and again.....time to call a spade a spade mate.

If your contested defending is the worst at a club that sits last on the ladder and your not a kid, you better have a decent weapon somewhere else. He doesn't. 

Awful disposal particularly by foot and bloody unreliable and generally turns it over even when running free without much pressure with ball in hand. Yes he is proven to be a very decent 2nds player but that's it.

The pace and quick decision making required in the seniors simply doesn't suit him. I will be disappointed if we haven't upgraded him and Mullet at years end.

Reply #70
I did.

But when it happen again, again and again and again.....time to call a spade a spade mate.

If your contested defending is the worst at a club that sits last on the ladder and your not a kid, you better have a decent weapon somewhere else. He doesn't. 

Awful disposal particularly by foot and bloody unreliable and generally turns it over even when running free without much pressure with ball in hand. Yes he is proven to be a very decent 2nds player but that's it.

The pace and quick decision making required in the seniors simply doesn't suit him. I will be disappointed if we haven't upgraded him and Mullet at years end.

Agree...not sure whether SOS will want to cull a couple of his own picks that quick and have Matthew Lloyd have them on his scoreboard as fails.... ;)

Reply #71
Agree...not sure whether SOS will want to cull a couple his own picks that quick and have Matthew Lloyd have them on his scoreboard as fails.... ;)

If SOS is making decisions based on what Matthew Lloyd (or anyone else) is going to say, then he isn't the man for the job.

Its as plain as day that they are not up to AFL standard long term. Yes, they provided a senior body, but there is plenty of them going around. Keep picking them up and hope to find the next Heath Scotland or Andrew Carrazzo type player who can contribute at senior level consistently.

Reply #72
If SOS is making decisions based on what Matthew Lloyd (or anyone else) is going to say, then he isn't the man for the job.

Its as plain as day that they are not up to AFL standard long term. Yes, they provided a senior body, but there is plenty of them going around. Keep picking them up and hope to find the next Heath Scotland or Andrew Carrazzo type player who can contribute at senior level consistently.

We need the next Tim Kelly from the WAFL.....great game vs the Tigers and its a crying shame to see a powerhouse midfield like Geelong have just get another quality readymade player for nothing..... we got Garlett but he aint in the same parish as Kelly as a footballer....

Reply #73
I did.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be judging many players based on much.  I remember in 2012 which is a season which mirrors this one for sheer dumb luck with injury, that many a competent footballer looked much worse due to circumstance beyond their control. 

I'm willing to see how he goes this week where he can actually play a key position role rather than a pocket or flanker.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #74
In. Graham
Out. SOJ