Skip to main content
Topic: Nobel Prize thread (Read 2430 times) previous topic - next topic

Nobel Prize thread

So as to keep all the Nobel Prize stuff out of other threads we'll give it its own ;D

Congratulations to Robert Zimmerman the only man to win a Nobel Prize, Academy award....and a Grammy :D

Re: Nobel Prize thread

Reply #1
Yes, it was staring to look like a Mensa forum.

Can you unravel Desolation Row ?

Reply #2
That was a bit of a surprise, and it has put some writers' noses out of joint, but I like it; Dylan's songs have chronicled the last 55 years in a way that no writer has.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
That was a bit of a surprise, and it has put some writers' noses out of joint, but I like it; Dylan's songs have chronicled the last 55 years in a way that no writer has.

The award has been on the cards for a while I reckon.

Reply #4
It was supposed to go to Dylan Thomas but someone in 'announcements' got it wrong. ;D

Reply #5
It was supposed to go to Dylan Thomas but someone in 'announcements' got it wrong. ;D

Nice!  ;D
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
I thought it was going to Dylan Buckley...
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006