Skip to main content
Topic: Be strong, say NO (Read 20173 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Be strong, say NO

Reply #1
Memo to Trigg and The Judge:

The good doctor has come into big bucks from an inheritance from his mother. WE DON'T NEED HIM, his money or his bimbos.

Culture and credibility!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/news-story/0dbe55c5f259c6a170f09aae584760b7

whilst he embarrasses himself we as a club need to be inclusive of all. i dont respect his alleged business antics however i do respect that he has been a lifelong blues supporter and sponsor even when he was with the swans. lifes to short and we are not that big a club to not accept a member because they didnt fit our profile of whats right or good.

Reply #2
whilst he embarrasses himself we as a club need to be inclusive of all. i dont respect his alleged business antics however i do respect that he has been a lifelong blues supporter and sponsor even when he was with the swans. lifes to short and we are not that big a club to not accept a member because they didnt fit our profile of whats right or good.

I've said pretty much the same about Jack Elliott and have been shouted down.

Look on the bright side Townsendcalling, while we might find Edelsten's antics a bit uncomfortable at least he isn't James Hird! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
I don't have an issue with him being a club member at all but not as a public face of the club. I just hope we don't see a shot of our coach's box with him sitting in the background again!  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
I've said pretty much the same about Jack Elliott and have been shouted down.

Look on the bright side Townsendcalling, while we might find Edelsten's antics a bit uncomfortable at least he isn't James Hird! :D

or that other bumbling buffon triple chin mcguire

Reply #5
I don't have an issue with him being a club member at all but not as a public face of the club. I just hope we don't see a shot of our coach's box with him sitting in the background again!  ::)

i dont think he holds any public position with the club, being in the box was either a raffle win or something he paid good dollars for. unless he has committed a heinous crime then lets all chill and bound him up in blue.

Reply #6

Agree, no issue with him being a member... just don't let him near any decision making involving the club.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
Agree, no issue with him being a member... just don't let him near any decision making involving the club.

from memory i dont think he has ever been in a decision making position so really nothing to worry about.

also have all the legal actions against him concluded? if not whatever millions he gets will be chased by the lawyers.

Reply #8
i dont think he holds any public position with the club, being in the box was either a raffle win or something he paid good dollars for. unless he has committed a heinous crime then lets all chill and bound him up in blue.

If I recall, this was a gimmick available to corporates at a cost. I remember MM clarifying this in the media, as the hounds were quick to ask. I don't think our new way of going about business would support shenanigans, at least I hope not ::)
I believe we should be equitable, not like we haven't got members packs left over.
Welcome one, welcome all.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
From memory, he paid 30k for the luxury of sitting in the coaches box

Reply #11
Mummy's, because he was broke!!

Reply #12
30 k for two hours what a great hrly rate. as a long time non corp member i have absolutely no issue in this type of footy experience being made available for the highest possible dollar return. we unfortunately don't have enough members and debts so yes go out blues and get the good doctors cash before the lawyers get his mums cash or was that his cash originally and which has now come out of hiding.

Reply #13
Mummy's, because he was broke!!

His mum passed away and left him everything, he's rolling in dosh and needs to find ways to keep it from the creditors!

I'd say donating it to Carlton is a great way to start! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
No problem with him giving money to the club. I just don't want to see him publicly associated  with CFC. A bad look IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.