Skip to main content
Topic: Be strong, say NO (Read 20293 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Be strong, say NO

Reply #45
John Ralph: “I know Edelsten pays good money to the Blues but it is a horrible look for the "old-school" Blues that he is in the box tonight.”

Terry Wallace: “Who at Carlton F.C thought it was a good idea to have Doc Edelsten in every Malthouse shot has no feel for the game.”

Titus O’Reilly: “Geoffrey Edelsten in the coaches (sic) box is a living symbol of all that is currently wrong with Carlton.”

Craig Little: “It’s little more than a year since Malthouse celebrated his games record as coach under lights at the MCG. But for Carlton it was about as black as a night ever gets. Blacker still when the Channel Seven cameras revealed a moribund Geoffrey Edelsten in the coach’s box – the personal embodiment of a club living at the hole of the bottom of itself.”

I hope we've moved on and the club and its supporters are never again embarrassed by Edelsten's presence in the coach's box or any other position of prominence. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #46
I hope we've moved on and the club and its supporters are never again embarrassed by Edelsten's presence in the coach's box or any other position of prominence.

Agree 100%. He's just not a good look!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48

The irony is not lost on me that the "all wise and powerful media" thought is was moribund to have Edelsten in the coaches box but OK for Malthouse to be there!

I think we can dismiss their judgement as just a tad off! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
The irony is not lost on me that the "all wise and powerful media" thought is was moribund to have Edelsten in the coaches box but OK for Malthouse to be there!

I think we can dismiss their judgement as just a tad off! :D

That's a whole different story LP - and we were celebrating Malthouse's 10,000th game ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #50

ur quoting as ur reference the words of wisdom provided by ralph (richmond supporter who learnt his media from KB and writes things to rile opposition supporters), T wallace ( ask the bullies what they think of his ethics), titus orielly (a comedian) and c little ( third rater who cant get a job with a mainstream media outlet).

uve again provided absolutely no evidence of any negative financial impact created by the good doctor.

though i am concerned that ur so easily embarrassed and dont have the starch to support one of our own. i will give u a tip  - when the baggers start winning the media we receive will improve dramatically and u will have real ammunition to stare down these self appointed arbitrators of what is socially acceptable and who are clearly rattling u.

Reply #51
That's a whole different story LP - and we were celebrating Malthouse's 10,000th game ;)

No it's not a different story, it's part of the ongoing media issues Carlton have. The media chose a perspective to run with and focussed on Edelsten's relationship to Carlton when the real issue for Carlton was Malthouse and Buttifant.

They are glory hunters criticising a glory hunter!

I undertsand the right to sit in the coaches box was auctioned off at a fund-raiser for charity. Edelsten paid he deserved the right to sit there.

I find it naive for you are blaming Edelsten's appearance "on camera" as a failing of the club, it 's like you are arguing that the choice of camera angle was an accident resulting from poor management by Carlton! Like it mattered where we sat Edelsten, Ch.7 (aka CheatsFC TV) would have chosen the appropriate camera, that was the shot they wanted!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
ur quoting as ur reference the words of wisdom provided by ralph (richmond supporter who learnt his media from KB and writes things to rile opposition supporters), T wallace ( ask the bullies what they think of his ethics), titus orielly (a comedian) and c little ( third rater who cant get a job with a mainstream media outlet).

uve again provided absolutely no evidence of any negative financial impact created by the good doctor.

though i am concerned that ur so easily embarrassed and dont have the starch to support one of our own. i will give u a tip  - when the baggers start winning the media we receive will improve dramatically and u will have real ammunition to stare down these self appointed arbitrators of what is socially acceptable and who are clearly rattling u.

And I will give you a tip HEB. I really don't give that much of a fig wrt to what media types think about Edelesten. I, personally, do not want him as a public face of my footy club and being seen in the coaches box on tv is pretty public - too bl00dy public. If you think it's OK for him to be there on payment of a few $s then that's up to you, we see it differently. I don't like it as, in view of his past antics, it lowers the tone of my club. That is my personal view but I don't think you'll see it happen again and I will be mightily disappointed if it does.

Reply #53
And I will give you a tip HEB. I really don't give that much of a fig wrt to what media types think about Edelesten. I, personally, do not want him as a public face of my footy club and being seen in the coaches box on tv is pretty public - too bl00dy public. If you think it's OK for him to be there on payment of a few $s then that's up to you, we see it differently. I don't like it as, in view of his past antics, it lowers the tone of my club. That is my personal view but I don't think you'll see it happen again and I will be mightily disappointed if it does.

well im glad to hear the media views on edlestein dont interest u on that we agree. were our views differ is that the doc is not the public face of our club and correct me if im wrong but never has been. clearly for me the dollars are important because its a millstone that is curtailing our development, so to that end, anyone who contributes significant amounts i will respect even if i dont personally like their methods or views. Being in a club requires embracing different types which is what the doc is.

Reply #54
well im glad to hear the media views on edlestein dont interest u on that we agree. were our views differ is that the doc is not the public face of our club and correct me if im wrong but never has been. clearly for me the dollars are important because its a millstone that is curtailing our development, so to that end, anyone who contributes significant amounts i will respect even if i dont personally like their methods or views. Being in a club requires embracing different types which is what the doc is.
So if the Comancheros decided to kick in mega dollars and have their president or sergeant at arms sit in the box with Bolts, you'd be ok this?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #55

If the doc is sitting in our coaches box on live national tv, right behind our senior coach,  then I would suggest that he is a public face of the club. As far as "embracing different types" I don't have a problem with that in principle as long as they enhance the club or at minimum do not detract from it.  I personally firmly believe that we must exercise care as to how much and from whom we  accept money and, most importantly, what they might be asking in return. I would hate to think we are prepared to just sell ourselves and our brand to anyone offering a bag of gold without careful regard as to how beneficial in overall terms, not just financial, that may be for us.

Reply #56
I don't really give a fat rat's clacker what the media or other supporters think; Edelsten is an unsavoury character and shouldn't be seen as a face of the club.

Reply #57

Cover the costs of moving him out of the box then, it's just a few dollars!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
So if the Comancheros decided to kick in mega dollars and have their president or sergeant at arms sit in the box with Bolts, you'd be ok this?
clearly chalk and cheese comparisons. the comancheroes or any other criminal organization would not be suitable. nor would anyone who has committed a heinous crime which is something i have said repeatedly before.  a better example is john dorman elliott - would i be comfortable if contributes a bucket load of cash to sit in the box for one game - no issue and would respect that even thought i personally abhor what he stands for and represents.

Reply #59
Cover the costs of moving him out of the box then, it's just a few dollars!

I think he either won a raffle or paid something like $30K to get his ass in there. Are you telling me that the club is that desperate for a chickencrap $30K? If that's true, we're in a lot more trouble than I thought.  :o