Skip to main content
Topic: RIP George Michael (Read 1954 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RIP George Michael

Reply #1
Based on the early reports, it didn't seem 'unexpected!'

Reply #2
Was a sad day yesterday, George was a pop legend. Was the first artist to have 5 no 1 singles from an Album (Faith) in the US.  A fact that pissed Micheal Jackson off so much that he released a 5th single off Bad and, Just Good Friends a duet with Stevie Wonder and had Sony artificially inflate the sales just so he could match. George was ahead of all pop trends, his house piano Too Funky, sampled "Forget me nots" with Fastlove (something that Will Smith copied with Men in Black) and gave us one of the best film clips with Freedom.

Sure his life was a mess and made some poor choices but his body of work in music was outstanding.

I was lucky enough to be one of the 40,000 fans for his Sydney concert, and to hear the crown drown out George singing Freedom and looking at the screen you could see him stop singing and just smile was a moment I won't forget.

May you music live on GM, you will be sorely missed by this blues supporter.  :'(

Reply #3
RIP.

Taken far too young.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Not a fan of his music, but he gave a lot to charity and seemed to be straightening his life out and as Cookie said was taken far too young..RIP.