Skip to main content
Topic: Foxtel Now (Read 3124 times) previous topic - next topic

Foxtel Now

The Fox footy channel is now available on PC via this service and I'm thinking of subscribing. Has anyone out there tried it and if so what's the service like? Cheers.
Reality always wins in the end.

Re: Foxtel Now

Reply #1
It's actually not too bad.
It's pretty much the same as Netflix and Stan with content available in your chosen subscribed packages when you want it...but it is a bit more expensive.
I've just subscribed to a Movie and Drama package
I've had no trouble with streaming

You should be able to get a two week free trial

Reply #2
It's actually not too bad.
It's pretty much the same as Netflix and Stan with content available in your chosen subscribed packages when you want it...but it is a bit more expensive.
I've just subscribed to a Movie and Drama package
I've had no trouble with streaming

You should be able to get a two week free trial

Thanks Lods. Are you on PC and Chrome? I've poor reports of the app on Android.

Reply #3
Sorry Cookie...I didn't see the PC reference.
I actually watch it through Telstra TV...
Try the trial on your device and see how it goes.

Reply #4
The Fox footy channel is now available on PC via this service and I'm thinking of subscribing. Has anyone out there tried it and if so what's the service like? Cheers.

My neighbor had it, to get the footy he said you need the $15 basic + $29 sports which costs $44 a month total.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Thanks guys. Btw, we're on fta this week!  :)

Reply #6
Sorry Cookie...I didn't see the PC reference.
I actually watch it through Telstra TV...
Try the trial on your device and see how it goes.

I read somewhere there is supposed to be a Foxtel Now AppleTV App as well, like the Stan and Netflix Apps.

Netflix and Stan are each $15/month for Full HD with all programs on up to 4 devices.

If Foxtel Now offer just the Sports package for $15/month I'd sign up tomorrow, but they tag it onto the basic packages. That's "No Deal" for me at that price!

The stupid thing is, from talking to people at the local club and pub. If Foxtel Now just offered the Sports Package a sh1te load more people would be subscribers. We did a quick pop survey among our local group and if Foxtel Now was just $15/month for sport they would pick up 400% more subscribers. I know that was only a couple of dozen people, but it shows how stupid or greedy marketers can be! Perhaps they cannot justify the back-end upgrades required to deliver the service!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
I read somewhere there is supposed to be a Foxtel Now AppleTV App as well, like the Stan and Netflix Apps.

Netflix and Stan are each $15/month for Full HD with all programs on up to 4 devices.

If Foxtel Now offer just the Sports package for $15/month I'd sign up tomorrow, but they tag it onto the basic packages. That's "No Deal" for me at that price!

The stupid thing is, from talking to people at the local club and pub. If Foxtel Now just offered the Sports Package a sh1te load more people would be subscribers. We did a quick pop survey among our local group and if Foxtel Now was just $15/month for sport they would pick up 400% more subscribers. I know that was only a couple of dozen people, but it shows how stupid or greedy marketers can be! Perhaps they cannot justify the back-end upgrades required to deliver the service!

Foxtels biggest problem is the way they refuse to tailor packages to people.

If you want 1 channel, you have to buy that pack. You can't buy the channel individually.

If you want a pack, you have to 'add-on' to the basic pack.

Look, i've got foxtel (Basic+sports) and if there was an alternative way to view those sports (AFL, NFL, F1 specifically) then i'd sign up and ditch foxtel straight away.
But, there isn't.

Reply #8
Foxtels biggest problem is the way they refuse to tailor packages to people.

If you want 1 channel, you have to buy that pack. You can't buy the channel individually.

If you want a pack, you have to 'add-on' to the basic pack.

Look, i've got foxtel (Basic+sports) and if there was an alternative way to view those sports (AFL, NFL, F1 specifically) then i'd sign up and ditch foxtel straight away.
But, there isn't.
And thats why so many stream those sports illegally on the net.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
And thats why so many stream those sports illegally on the net.

Yeah, gone through that a few times, but it can be very hit and miss and quality can be questionable.