Skip to main content
Topic: Cripps Charged by MRO (Read 3888 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Cripps Charged by MRO

Reply #30
I could do with one  ... but then I live next door to a winery that can’t open  :(

Cripps was tagged by Polec in the first quarter and he exploited Polec’s lack of size and inexperience.  Anderson took up the challenge from quarter time but Shaw obviously instructed his mids to double team Cripps whenever they could. Anderson’s job was made easier because Cripps initiated grappling but the second player helping out played into our hands and we won the clearances quite comfortably. 

Having your tagged mid go to a second opposition player is a classic tactic but I suspect that the outcome was fortuitous rather than planned - particularly when Kennedy is one of the beneficiaries and he can’t kick over a jam tin and North were desperate to get that second player to tangle with Cripps.
Richmond didnt tag Bont the other night, they just back their system and dont give a fork about the oppo.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #31
Richmond didnt tag Bont the other night, they just back their system and dont give a fork about the oppo.

And I'd like to see us do the same ... but it may take a while before we can manage it.

Apart from the St Kilda game, having Cripps and Docherty tagged hasn't really hurt us but we need to have plans A, B and C to deal with taggers - and none of them should involve Cripps ironing out his opponent or putting on a couple of kgs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #32
Richmond don't take out taggers?  Short memory chief.    Cotchin ironed out Shiel, Curnow crushed larynx,  dusty has a body of work such that blokes are scared to tackle him.   They've done plenty of pushing back,  difference is that get away with it - fact.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #33
Richmond don't take out taggers?  Short memory chief.    Cotchin ironed out Shiel, Curnow crushed larynx,  dusty has a body of work such that blokes are scared to tackle him.   They've done plenty of pushing back,  difference is that get away with it - fact.
Prof, I was referring to the game the other night, they didnt tag Bont.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
I agree on that...  But they were so far on top,  and their systems were so efficient, that they didn't.   MacCrae had what 40 possessions as well?   They weren't concerned about him either.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #35
I could do with one  ... but then I live next door to a winery that can’t open  :(

Cripps was tagged by Polec in the first quarter and he exploited Polec’s lack of size and inexperience.  Anderson took up the challenge from quarter time but Shaw obviously instructed his mids to double team Cripps whenever they could. Anderson’s job was made easier because Cripps initiated grappling but the second player helping out played into our hands and we won the clearances quite comfortably. 

Having your tagged mid go to a second opposition player is a classic tactic but I suspect that the outcome was fortuitous rather than planned - particularly when Kennedy is one of the beneficiaries and he can’t kick over a jam tin and North were desperate to get that second player to tangle with Cripps.
 They double teamed Cripps a lot of the time when Anderson took over, it makes a difference.
The Force Awakens!