Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne (Read 26961 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 7: Carlton vs. North Melbourne

Reply #45
I think Murph has to think long and hard about his future.  If he's contracted for 202O as well he needs to consider if he wants to truly play and contribute, because he's just embarrassing himself now. 

As does Lachie O'Brien.  Start attacking the contest or F off and play netball.  I wasn't happy when we drafted this bloke and I am yet to see anything different.  Time for a cup of concrete Lachlan.

As for Casboult, words fail me.  Coach killer.

I can handle losing, but I can't handle shirkers.  Just give the 60 000 long suffering members a fair dinkum effort, is it too much to ask?

I don't want to single Murphy out, as there was too little from too many across the field.
That said, I haven't seen much from Murphy this season that inspires me. And I've been a fan.
There's something not right. A bloke who's been around for so long will know exactly what that is, and whether it is fixable.
I'd be asking the hard questions and reminding him of the mid season draft deadline,  which I think is looming. There's an out that is respectful and for the greater good.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #46
Plowman and Marchbank have been poor for a while...both over-rated terrible decision makers with ball in hand, if we had anything better I would drop them.
Plowman was laughing about something and it wasnt a good look when Jones was so badly hurt..its scary thinking of no Jones next week and Weitering with kids like Stocker
and Williamson taking on Collingwoods vast array of forward talent.

Reply #47
It was Plowman. Irrespective of what was said to make him laugh, you need very little emotional intelligence or empathy to understand that there is a time and place for it. Ideally, the senior players, whom I believe Plowman is one of, should have brought the players into a huddle to focus them.

I'm not sure you can take one moment in time and make something of it without context. How do we know someone didn't do one big, loud, dirty, smelly fart in the huddle. That'd get a chuckle at a funeral wake.

Reply #48
Plowman and Marchbank have been poor for a while...both over-rated terrible decision makers with ball in hand, if we had anything better I would drop them.
Plowman was laughing about something and it wasnt a good look when Jones was so badly hurt..its scary thinking of no Jones next week and Weitering with kids like Stocker
and Williamson taking on Collingwoods vast array of forward talent.

Marchbank might be like Weitering, better when he gets a real role, not one defensive tall amongst 4.

Reply #49
I don't want to single Murphy out, as there was too little from too many across the field.
That said, I haven't seen much from Murphy this season that inspires me. And I've been a fan.
There's something not right. A bloke who's been around for so long will know exactly what that is, and whether it is fixable.
I'd be asking the hard questions and reminding him of the mid season draft deadline,  which I think is looming. There's an out that is respectful and for the greater good.

Gibbs & Murphy have been picking and choosing when to play for 2-3 years after a decade of disappointment and that's a hard habit to break. Pick and choose at a decent side with some depth, you're dropped.

Murphy knows that he can run-by or stick an arm in the contest and there will be no repercussion at the selection table.

Reply #50
Iaj, it isn't a good look, the opposite to what he should be showing - interest and concern for a mate.  I'll be honest, it that's how he carries on around a hurt mate then ta ta Plowman, don't let the door hit your ar$e on the way out. 

Too many on our list play like it doesn't matter, they just don't care...  here comes the next cheque...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #51
Last 5 weeks we've played...

Swans
GC
Bulldogs
Hawthorn
North

Really could argue, if we had improved, we'd be 5-2, like Brisbane, or 4-3 against that opposition. Should be with the players we have.

We are 1-6.

Now we have a real $hit run ahead. maybe beat Essendon just because we do, lol, but not alot ahead to look forward to. Could well be 1-10 half way. That might cost someone his job.

Reply #52
Time for Wallsy to take a training session

Reply #53
Iaj, it isn't a good look, the opposite to what he should be showing - interest and concern for a mate.  I'll be honest, it that's how he carries on around a hurt mate then ta ta Plowman, don't let the door hit your ar$e on the way out. 

Too many on our list play like it doesn't matter, they just don't care...  here comes the next cheque...

We still don't know what context it was. We don't jump to conclusions until we know.

Reply #54
Gibbs & Murphy have been picking and choosing when to play for 2-3 years after a decade of disappointment and that's a hard habit to break. Pick and choose at a decent side with some depth, you're dropped.

Murphy knows that he can run-by or stick an arm in the contest and there will be no repercussion at the selection table.

Gibbs learnt that.

Reply #56
I'm not sure you can take one moment in time and make something of it without context. How do we know someone didn't do one big, loud, dirty, smelly fart in the huddle. That'd get a chuckle at a funeral wake.

The Context my friend is that his colleague is lying unconscious on the ground, while 10’s of thousand of people at the ground and on national tv are watching in stunned belief and dread and he does not have have the emotional intelligence to understand something serious is happening. Hearing a fart is not a get out of jail card. I know it was only an example mate, but he’s a grown man, not a 12 year old and he is also in our Leadership group. He has to own that moment and be taken aside and told that that is not a time to laugh but a time to lead.
Keep the Faith

Reply #57
The Context my friend is that his colleague is lying unconscious on the ground, while 10’s of thousand of people at the ground and on national tv are watching in stunned belief and dread and he does not have have the emotional intelligence to understand something serious is happening. Hearing a fart is not a get out of jail card. I know it was only an example mate, but he’s a grown man, not a 12 year old and he is also in our Leadership group. He has to own that moment and be taken aside and told that that is not a time to laugh but a time to lead.

Add to that the fact that you are getting your ar$e handed to you

Reply #58
Murphy needs to retire this week.  Plenty of precedent for such an event part way through a season which is slipping away.  Has been ravaged by injuries and sickening knocks over the years from bigger players whose sole intent was to hurt him.

It's sad but it's time.  Replacing him with a youngster who admittedly may not be ready means we'll get a dozen games into some kid who'll then be ready to step up next year instead of 2021. Despite what many think, he was Captain Courageous early in his tenure. The Club won't drop him. The Club has no idea. Sorry Marc, it's the right thing to do. 
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #59
We played like 22 scared players trying not to make mistakes and take zero risks today.
And it didn’t work. In fact it had the opposite effect with everyone in the wrong headspace.
Nobody showed desire or a willingness to take the game on and try beating an opponent.