Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2019 List Changes (Read 18857 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2019 List Changes

Reply #45
The Stevens/Davey scenario may have some similarities, but the players are much different.

Davey is streets ahead of Stevens.
She is a ‘big name’ player in the AFLW, whereas as good as Stevens was at Collingwood, she never had the cachet Davey does.
Captain, All Australian, 2 x B&F winner,
Face of AFLW at Carlton.
Voted best captain  in the league this year..
At 25, coming into the peak of her career.
Genuine match winner.

We should play hard ball and expect the Filth to pay BIG. The sneaky way Bri has gone about this, approaching our biggest AFLW rival herself behind the clubs back, should make the Club even more determined to get the best deal for us and not be so accommodating to the player herself.

Reply #46
So the AFL have clarified that a re-signed player can be traded if they and their club agree to the trade. No1inParticular, any chance of a Captain swap?  ;)

Reply #47
So the AFL have clarified that a re-signed player can be traded if they and their club agree to the trade. No1inParticular, any chance of a Captain swap?  ;)

I said that earlier, pick 1 and Steph, make it happen! ;)

Reply #48
Come home Steph!!

Reply #49
There is a link to a video on YouTube that was just posted, but the link is broken.

The video is entitled "21 locked in for 2020",and has a picture of halford with a whiteboard behind him.
Link directs to Carltonfc page, but is not live.

I suspect it will be live shortly.

We've had 5 delistinga so far, 21 signings means we have 4 unknowns.
1 of which will be bri Davey wanting out.
1 might be gab pound to gold Coast *fingers crossed its not*
2 more...
Katie loynes retirement?
Tilly wanting to follow bri??

Reply #50
There is a link to a video on YouTube that was just posted, but the link is broken.

The video is entitled "21 locked in for 2020",and has a picture of halford with a whiteboard behind him.
Link directs to Carltonfc page, but is not live.

I suspect it will be live shortly.

We've had 5 delistinga so far, 21 signings means we have 4 unknowns.
1 of which will be bri Davey wanting out.
1 might be gab pound to gold Coast *fingers crossed its not*
2 more...
Katie loynes retirement?
Tilly wanting to follow bri??

8 hours later, no announcement. So i've taken things into my own hands....
Here is a list of our re-signings. 
WHICH IS A CSC EXCLUSIVE!  8)

2. Loynes
3. Vescio
4. Prespakis
5. McKay
6. Pound
7. Harris
9. Harrington
10. S. Hosking
11. J. Hosking
12. Brazzale
14. Dalton
15. Walker
16. Moody
19. Gee
20. Wilson
21. Stevens
25. Edwards
27. Woods
30. Downie
32. Plane
36. Van Dyke

Previously delisted...
13. Bentley
22. Watt
23. Kennedy
24. Hicks
26. Audley

Not on either list currently...
1. Davey
8. Mullane
17. Webb
18. Lucas-Rodd

Reply #51
Nice work Scoop :D

Reply #52
Nice work Scoop :D

Whoever posted the video (dead link) to the CFC site had the thumbnail of Half with the whiteboard and list of names on it.

A google image search of the title video showed a larger version of the image. Large enough to just make out the names, 21 names under the heading "2020 AFLW re-signing"

It was a struggle, but i connected the dots from there.  ;)

Reply #53

Reply #54
8 hours later, no announcement. So i've taken things into my own hands....
Here is a list of our re-signings. 
WHICH IS A CSC EXCLUSIVE!  8)

2. Loynes
3. Vescio
4. Prespakis
5. McKay
6. Pound
7. Harris
9. Harrington
10. S. Hosking
11. J. Hosking
12. Brazzale
14. Dalton
15. Walker
16. Moody
19. Gee
20. Wilson
21. Stevens
25. Edwards
27. Woods
30. Downie
32. Plane
36. Van Dyke

Previously delisted...
13. Bentley: Maybe a bit stiff, as she was OK early. But the kids passed her and they have more pace.
22. Watt: Was always going to go to St, Kilda. I was hoping for more, but I didn't get it.
23. Kennedy:
24. Hicks: Didn't get a lot of chances this year: didn't have the pace.
26. Audley: I'm sorry to see her go, as she was a tackling machine, but we need better mids.

Not on either list currently...
1. Davey
8. Mullane
17. Webb
18. Lucas-Rodd

Of the uncertain players:
1. Davey: Not sure where this one is at, but I would not be confident about retaining her. :( I can hope, but I can't see it.
8. Mullane: I'm surprised she is on this list, as she was an important player through the whole season. Work issues? I would think she would be the one on this list most likely to stay.
17. Webb: Not getting a game this season would suggest that she is more likely than not to go.
18. Lucas-Rodd: If Davey goes, then Tilly will go too, but we won't miss her anywhere near as much.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #55
Davey going hurts on-field. As would Pound, Harrington, Prespakis and a multitude of others. But unlike those others, Davey has accepted responsibility as being the face of the club.....which she has turned her back on. That's on her.
That hurts in so many ways. She is very difficult to replace, she has been made a public face of the team... I feel very negative about this and I cannot see anyone at Carlton being otherwise.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #57
Nice work Kruddler - appreciate your efforts.

Losing Davey is a blow but we have managed to hang on to several players who I imagine were in demand.  That gives us the basis of a strong 2020 team; we just need to add a replacement for Davey (they don't grow on trees) and some young talent.

I'm anticipating more from the likes of Dalton and Walker next season.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #58
Of the uncertain players:
1. Davey: Not sure where this one is at, but I would not be confident about retaining her. :( I can hope, but I can't see it.
8. Mullane: I'm surprised she is on this list, as she was an important player through the whole season. Work issues? I would think she would be the one on this list most likely to stay.
17. Webb: Not getting a game this season would suggest that she is more likely than not to go.
18. Lucas-Rodd: If Davey goes, then Tilly will go too, but we won't miss her anywhere near as much.

I was speaking to good old 'Bluesgirl' aka Michelle about the above. I said i'd expected Tilly to go once Bri decided to go, she agreed and referred to Lucas-Rodd as a handbag.

Never heard that terminology before, but describes her perfectly.

We also both spoke about Mullane and agreed she was a bit stiff. Only thing i can think of is that she wants to go elsewhere, or she was not signed because she has the worst ball drop in the game, well, equal to Moody that is.

In any event, we now have 9 spots available. We'll have something coming back the other way for Davey (and/or Tilly) to go with the picks we already have.
Obviously there is another signing period coming up, but i don't think we can have any players poached now (from the new clubs) and everything has to be done via trade.

I reckon we escaped pretty much unscathed from the expansion, with the only damage from that coming from Watt to St. Kilda...and no loss there IMO.

Davey leaving....well that is a different kettle of fish, but they have to trade for her.

.....or do they? Just thinking, they have the #1 pick do they not? Could they simply use that to draft Davey? Kinda like a PSD style threat.

I'm not sure if there is another Maddie Prespakis coming through the ranks, but i'd be tipping Davey would be just about better than anything coming through the U18s, or close enough too.

Reply #59
I was speaking to good old 'Bluesgirl' aka Michelle about the above. I said i'd expected Tilly to go once Bri decided to go, she agreed and referred to Lucas-Rodd as a handbag.

Never heard that terminology before, but describes her perfectly.

We also both spoke about Mullane and agreed she was a bit stiff. Only thing i can think of is that she wants to go elsewhere, or she was not signed because she has the worst ball drop in the game, well, equal to Moody that is.

In any event, we now have 9 spots available. We'll have something coming back the other way for Davey (and/or Tilly) to go with the picks we already have.
Obviously there is another signing period coming up, but i don't think we can have any players poached now (from the new clubs) and everything has to be done via trade.

I reckon we escaped pretty much unscathed from the expansion, with the only damage from that coming from Watt to St. Kilda...and no loss there IMO.

Davey leaving....well that is a different kettle of fish, but they have to trade for her.

.....or do they? Just thinking, they have the #1 pick do they not? Could they simply use that to draft Davey? Kinda like a PSD style threat.

I'm not sure if there is another Maddie Prespakis coming through the ranks, but i'd be tipping Davey would be just about better than anything coming through the U18s, or close enough too.

Wed be better off trading for her, and they'd likely get something back the other way if it were the case.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson