Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd : Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs (Read 22650 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd : Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs

Reply #60
Fun fact of the day, Cripps (32 handballs) had the =4th most handballs in a game of all time. Record was Matt Crouch last year (35)

Reply #61
Great to see so many of our young fellas among the best in a good win.
This could be a turning point.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #62
Just thought i'd start this thread from quoting a post i made in the pre-game thread a week ago. When everyone else was playing the 'sack bolton' or the 'full review required' cards....

Just saying....

I think that quoting yourself is called “Hotcoxing”, but nice work   :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #63
Give the kid a haircut and a bit of muscle and he suddenly looks like a footballer with some authority. (Looked a lot like the old man at times....)

SOJ looked an awful lot like SOS - I thought I was in a time warp at times!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #64
I think that quoting yourself is called “Hotcoxing”, but nice work   :)

He never got anything right to quote himself with. ;)

Reply #65
'Bout time.  Save the formula and enjoy the win guys.  Repeat that up for the rest of the year and witness the rewards

Reply #66
He never got anything right to quote himself with. ;)

I suspect that he wasn’t past editing his posts before quoting them   :P

Someone should write a book about the characters who have made CSC such an entertaining place to hang out   ;)

Reply #67
I like that Crippa told the boys prior to the game that they are ready. Good leadership.

Was worried when the President coming out and exaggerated the importance of this win. But then I watched BBs media conference and was not only impressed but buoyed. Really informative and intelligent communication from BB. For me he got the balance perfectly right... enjoy this but tomorrow back to reality and prepare for meeting the Dawks in Tassie, and that's a tough gig.

I've no doubt that the Dawks will hit us hard in an attempt to have our young group second guessing themselves and retreating into their shells. But am more confident now that this group can respond. Even though we played a good side in ordinary form today, we did what we should do... put them away.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #68
Yes, no doubt, but for a victorious side to only have 42 tackles (minus 18 on the Dogs) does seems a bit skewiff IMO.

We put a lot of pressure on the ball carrier. When the dogs had it that was...
Interesting to look at pressure acts. I'd imagine they're up for many of our players. SOJ was outstanding in that regard and his increased strength added another dimension.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #69
Interesting to look at pressure acts. I'd imagine they're up for many of our players. SOJ was outstanding in that regard and his increased strength added another dimension.

This was one of the highlights for me. He did so much hard in-and-under stuff that was courageous and effective. I'd urge folks to watch the replay of his work and how some was, though unnoticed, a key factor in a couple of goals.

H was another highlight. He showed a confident and ruthless attack, up and down the ground, on the aggott in the air. He demanded the ball. Great stuff.

ZF delighted us with some fair-dinkum razzamatazz. I bet we'll see some extra special stuff from him as the year unfolds.

SPS found how today just how good he can be and how he can impact a game. Breakout stuff.

We also saw that LOB is not ready and Polson may never be up to it... the fumbles from these two was unlike the rest of the side. Though Meat also fumbled a lot/dropped marks but because he was given so many opportunities he started to play with confidence.

Really pleasantly surprised to see the dramatic change in the mid/forward connect... now to ensure it remains and endures.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #70

Yes, I imagine that we regained possession mainly through stoppages, throw ins, turnovers, the fact that the Dogs lost the ball without necessary being tackled etc. I haven't seen the match.

The weekend's results are all over the shop in this respect.

Reply #71
I've just started watching the highlights, and the first thing I see is Harry Mac taking a mark over Caleb Daniel.

And I just saw it again. Bizarre.

LOL - even Levi kicked 3.0. Never looked like missing.

Classic.

Reply #72
This was one of the highlights for me. He did so much hard in-and-under stuff that was courageous and effective. I'd urge folks to watch the replay of his work and how some was, though unnoticed, a key factor in a couple of goals.

H was another highlight. He showed a confident and ruthless attack, up and down the ground, on the aggott in the air. He demanded the ball. Great stuff.

ZF delighted us with some fair-dinkum razzamatazz. I bet we'll see some extra special stuff from him as the year unfolds.

SPS found how today just how good he can be and how he can impact a game. Breakout stuff.

We also saw that LOB is not ready and Polson may never be up to it... the fumbles from these two was unlike the rest of the side. Though Meat also fumbled a lot/dropped marks but because he was given so many opportunities he started to play with confidence.

Really pleasantly surprised to see the dramatic change in the mid/forward connect..
. now to ensure it remains and endures.

All games this year, we've been almost there. We didn't execute the small things consistently and that's costly in the close ones. Today we did just that. Most of our errors can be fixed or at least improved in the short term.

What we need to sustain this is a consistent line up. Like someone said, the ingredients are assembled. It's baking time and the golden rule: don't open the oven... ok I can't cook so I'll finish up right there????

Henry Ford.

Reply #73
Yes, I imagine that we regained possession mainly through stoppages, throw ins, turnovers, the fact that the Dogs lost the ball without necessary being tackled etc. I haven't seen the match.

The weekend's results are all over the shop in this respect.

Indeed Paully. We were the clearance kings despite the Doggies sizable free kick stat, which they won comfortably.

Enjoy the replay. I have a feeling you're gonna love it????
Henry Ford.

Reply #74
Indeed Paully. We were the clearance kings despite the Doggies sizable free kick stat, which they won comfortably.

Enjoy the replay. I have a feeling you're gonna love it????

Only the highlights I'm afraid. But good enough for now.