Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon (Read 32012 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon

Reply #135
Carlton and Essendon supporters were united in laughter at the comedy act that took place on Sunday, the game was an embarrassment to the sport.

You're right I'd prefer to go back to the wallopings of last year, they were far less embarrassing  ::)

Reply #136
You're right I'd prefer to go back to the wallopings of last year, they were far less embarrassing  ::)

We have been walloped this year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #137
It wasn't that long ago that our skills were decidedly above average.

Between the Paleolithic and the Mesolithic.

Reply #138

I'm with you Jeffy. Give me an ugly win over a good looking loss any day.

Watched Chris Scott last night saying early in the season 2001 despite the media talking the Loins chances up as big flag chances they didn't have the internal belief.  He said that all changed in only one game when they beat the bombers mid year.  He said from that game we walked off the ground knowing what we were capable of. The went on to win the next 3 in row!

Wins are very very important to self belief - Maybe even more so to a developing list.  

Reply #139
I actually thought the freo game was worse. Some of the field kicking was excellent on Sunday given the strength of the wind.

Gibbs set shot 40 out straight in front didn't make the distance as a guide.

Contested possession domination was also really good.

If we could get Walker and Jaksch into the fwd line it would be a big help.

Bugger about Weitering.

Reply #140
We have been walloped this year.

Difference being it wasn't through lack of application. Those sorts of defeats turn ppl away in droves and are far more embarrassing than any loss or win that we have experienced thus far.

Reply #141
It's the first time in a decade that I can recall being somewhat confident that we can win ugly. I'll take it for now, the rest can follow.

Art of War - If you cannot rise to your opponents level drag them down to yours!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #142
We need to learn how to win... however that way is.
Id take a hard fought win anyday over giving other teams a shellacing.
Especially when it comes to a developing group
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #143
It's the first time in a decade that I can recall being somewhat confident that we can win ugly. I'll take it for now, the rest can follow.

Art of War - If you cannot rise to your opponents level drag them down to yours!
Love this post.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time