Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon (Read 31082 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon

Reply #30
The "older" players... in terms of length of time at the club started the season rather slowly.
Over the last two weeks they've started to work into the games a bit more.
That's a positive.

Reply #32
Gee that Gibbs is a spud!

If only we had another two or three spuds with the same ability to read the game, get in the right spots, win hitouts and execute well. 

Murphy stepped up when required and it was good to see the effort from White and Armfield.  Thomas was good too, probably his best game in navy blue.

How good is it when your ruckmen and CHF take contested marks around the ground?

It wasn't pretty to watch but 5 goals in the last quarter could be a sign of things to come - and Weitering's injury isn't too serious  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
Daisy was very good today.
If he keeps going like that by the end of the year he wont be just the "overpaid bloke we got from Collingwood".... he'll be a favourite.

Jones will probably cop a bit of criticism but I thought he contested well and a couple of his efforts resulted in scores for us.
Is it enough? ...probably not!
But I'd give him another game on that effort.
It's not like we have anything better.

Jones I thought did enough to hold his spot. Chased, got involved and I think you can see his confidence growing

Reply #34
Caz has got to go.
I've been a staunch supporter of his but I just cannot put up with this shiit any more.
He has no presence. He doesn't crash packs, or lead or spill to our crumbers,barely chases........... and theres no point even mentioning his goal kicking cos it doesnt exist.

No-one to replace him. He took quite a few marks again playing up the ground. He's a nice "get out" coming out of defence. Ask the Gold Coast how many packs he crashed. A couple went off the ground that game not to return. Our forward structure could stop Peter Hudson in his tracks. It's Jones and Casboult for quite a while as there's no-one else. No point putting anyone else up forward, our structure is that bad it'd actually be unfair to them. If Jaksch comes in he'll replace Weitering due to injury. Probably be best leaving Jaksch in defence as playing him on our forward line would actually murder his development right now. He's the future so leave the one's who aren't, Jones and Casboult, on the forward line for now until it improves. I'd prefer Casboult as our 2nd ruck but our rucks did a good job today, especially Phillips.

Reply #35
Yeah cant believe the amount of crap Gibbs is getting on this forum.. pretty amazing...

Reply #36
Id make three changes

Out: weitering, casboult, sumner
In: Dick, Jaksch, DVR

It's good that you're not on the match committee Pinot  ;)  We want to beat Collingwood next week, not gift them the game by playing blokes who aren't yet up to AFL standard.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #38
There's nothing wrong with long bombs if you've got a couple of decent key forwards who can outbody and outplay their defenders.
Don't forget we played Essendon without any of their three key defenders from last season, Carlisle is gone but Hurley and Hooker would be walk up starts.
Casboult and Jones were beaten by VFL footballers.

John Coleman would get beaten by VFL footballers with our forward structure

Reply #39
Sumner?

haven't made up my mind on Sumner yet - but 8-9 touches and a couple of tackles + goal every week is that enough?

I'd like to see what DVR brings to the table.

Reply #40
We'll agree to disagree Barbs.

Don't watch the game closely do you. What do you expect, the worst most movement and delivery in the comp and you expect key forwards to rack up goals from bombs surrounded by 4000 defenders. You must expect miracle workers to play key position forward for us.

Reply #41
haven't made up my mind on Sumner yet - but 8-9 touches and a couple of tackles + goal every week is that enough?

I'd like to see what DVR brings to the table.

Cripps will come in for someone next week. I think Jaksch will come in for the injured Weitering. That'll be about it for changes.

Reply #42
The weitering incident looks ugly.  Why was he one on two?
From memory he might have contributed to the situation via an errant handpass prompting a chain of fumbles.

Good sign though - he was desperate to make amends and put his body on the line evoking memories of SOS.

What I'm livid about is how yet another Carlton player has been injured in a borderline act of aggression by someone from CheatsFC. So you CAN slide in with your knees while a player is on the ground???  >:(
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #43
Yeah cant believe the amount of crap Gibbs is getting on this forum.. pretty amazing...

It reminds me of the way Collingwood morons used to criticise Buckley  ::)

They'll just have to suck it up because he'll be running out in navy blue for at least another 5 or 6 years :)

Reply #44
From memory he might have contributed to the situation via an errant handpass prompting a chain of fumbles.

Good sign though - he was desperate to make amends and put his body on the line evoking memories of SOS.

What I'm livid about is how yet another Carlton player has been injured in a borderline act of aggression by someone from CheatsFC. So you CAN slide in with your knees while a player is on the ground???  >:(

Weitering actually made a great play to knock the ball on to Rowe before an Essendon player got onto it, but Rowe could not f0rken pick it up and just stared at it so Weitering had to go get it again and ended getting injured because of it. So frustrating a basic skill can't be executed because we still have VFL players running around and our best kid gets injured because of it.