Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon (Read 32706 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon

Reply #120
Absolutely we ve got all we'd hoped for. Its amazing how much better things are as a supporter when you've got a Coach who has conveyed clearly to both players and supporters the direction the Club is taking.

Reply #121
Absolutely we ve got all we'd hoped for. Its amazing how much better things are as a supporter when you've got a Coach who has conveyed clearly to both players and supporters the direction the Club is taking.

Yes, we are now on a realistic trajectory not a delusional one.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #122
Does anyone else have to look at who is wearing long socks to distinguish between kerridge and byrne ?
Gee they're hard to tell apart on tv...............when you cant see there numbers.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #123
Does anyone else have to look at who is wearing long socks to distinguish between kerridge and byrne ?
Gee they're hard to tell apart on tv...............when you cant see there numbers.

Yep. Same build, posture, hair.

Reply #124
Yep. Same build, posture, hair.

When you get a bit closer Kerridge is easier to tell.

He's got that sleezy German ski instructor look happening.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #125
On other non important issues, did anyone else at the game note the playing of the song "true blue" at the start of the third quarter? I reckon they may be giving it a run for the start of games ala port Adelaide.

I like the song but not sure it will resonate with the Carlton horde. Good on me for giving it a go as it pretty much fits perfect

Reply #126

Thank you CIMM ???? That had me laughing out loud on the train. Was it you, way back when, who compared Bell as having a head like a German Cinema Villain? Gee I laughed at that one.
Keep the Faith

Reply #127

Spends too much time out on the piste?

Reply #128
Thank you CIMM ???? That had me laughing out loud on the train. Was it you, way back when, who compared Bell as having a head like a German Cinema Villain? Gee I laughed at that one.

Don't think I can take credit for the villain. That's a ripper.

I can see what he means though.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #129
Been away all weekend.. read 4 pages.... Had to re-Check the score to show that we actually WON. There are some real sad sacks around the place.

We were expected to finish last this year from all and sundry. People suggested that we might lose to the Bombers twice.

I called at the start of the year we would win more games than last year, and so far well on track.

Sure it's ugly, but winning breeds good habits, confidence and unites the group. We are HARD to score against. WE Compete. WE have Structure.

ENJOY the bloody wins, because we wont have to many.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #130
Carlton and Essendon supporters were united in laughter at the comedy act that took place on Sunday, the game was an embarrassment to the sport.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #131
Been away all weekend.. read 4 pages.... Had to re-Check the score to show that we actually WON. There are some real sad sacks around the place.

We were expected to finish last this year from all and sundry. People suggested that we might lose to the Bombers twice.

I called at the start of the year we would win more games than last year, and so far well on track.

Sure it's ugly, but winning breeds good habits, confidence and unites the group. We are HARD to score against. WE Compete. WE have Structure.

Yes, winning breeds confidence and I'm a believer in the theory that if you keep winning, no matter how ugly it may look, you will eventually improve and win prettier.

Constantly losing, no matter how well you may have played, will undermine team morale and confidence eventually.

Our two wins are absolute GOLD atm.

Reply #132

I have got us down to win at least six games this season and we're one ahead now  :)

There has been a huge improvement in our defence and we just need to forward line to function as well!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #133
AFLCA Votes Rnd 6.

CARLTON v ESSENDON

9 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
9 Dale Thomas (Carl)
5 Adam Cooney (Ess)
3 Kade Simpson (Carl)
2 Ed Curnow (Carl)
2 Courtenay Dempsey (Ess)

That's Gibbs equal top two weeks running, yet apparently many think we need to get rid of him while he still has some value! Frightening, that people think you can pick a replacement like buying a packet of smokes! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #134
AFLCA Votes Rnd 6.

CARLTON v ESSENDON

9 Bryce Gibbs (Carl)
9 Dale Thomas (Carl)
5 Adam Cooney (Ess)
3 Kade Simpson (Carl)
2 Ed Curnow (Carl)
2 Courtenay Dempsey (Ess)

That's Gibbs equal top two weeks running, yet apparently many think we need to get rid of him while he still has some value! Frightening, that people think you can pick a replacement like buying a packet of smokes! :o

Against Freo and Essendon ::). If he gets 10 against North or Hawks then I might change my mind. For now, he's the best trade bait we have.