Skip to main content
Topic: Lyon V Brownless Stoush (Read 59193 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lyon V Brownless Stoush

Reply #75
A shattered Billy Brownless believes Garry Lyon's affair with his former wife had been going for up to four years.

As the fall-out over the dramatic ending of a friendship between two of football's biggest names continues, it emerged on Monday Brownless had been telling friends he suspected Lyon's affair with his former wife, Nicky, had been going for between three and four years.

The Age 15/02/16

I think there is still a fair bit to surface her.........

Reply #76
A shattered Billy Brownless believes Garry Lyon's affair with his former wife had been going for up to four years.

As the fall-out over the dramatic ending of a friendship between two of football's biggest names continues, it emerged on Monday Brownless had been telling friends he suspected Lyon's affair with his former wife, Nicky, had been going for between three and four years.

The Age 15/02/16

I think there is still a fair bit to surface her.........

If this is true it's just wow!

Poor Billy and his kids. Poor Garry's family as a collective.

But if Garry is to be hung and quartered upon the knowledge we are being fed then Nikki Brownless must suffer a similar fate. Alternatively they could be given platform to express their remorse for the hurt they have caused and offer details into how they plan to try and attempt to repair the damage.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #77
If this is true it's just wow!

Poor Billy and his kids. Poor Garry's family as a collective.

But if Garry is to be hung and quartered upon the knowledge we are being fed then Nikki Brownless must suffer a similar fate. Alternatively they could be given platform to express their remorse for the hurt they have caused and offer details into how they plan to try and attempt to repair the damage.

I'd say Nikki gets a pass.

Simply because she didn't choose the lime light despite despicably cheating.

Gary Lyon and Bill were high profile football people and Nikki is simply the other.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #78

Gary Lyon and Bill were high profile football people and Nikki is simply the other.

Nikki Brownless (née Duff) has a well known pedigree in Geelong. Her marriage to Brownless would have been based on her social status.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #80

Takes two to tango, GL has always been very complimentary towards her on the FS......
Kelli Stevens didnt really go the limelight and she didnt get a pass so I reckon NikkiB gets similar to GL.

Reckon GL is finished on CH 9 and he will be looking at a radio career only....what an idiot...

Reply #81

As EB said, it takes two to tango, even if it's being done horizontally.

The two WAGs were apparently BFFs and, while lust can make folk do inexplicable things, I just don't understand how Nikki could let down her mate.  It's no different to how Lyon let down his mate, his missus and his family.

Hasn't this escalated over the last 24 hours  :o

I wonder what's going to come out next.  Perhaps Garry and Nikki could engage Hird's spin doctors to pass the blame onto someone else  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #83
Lyon breaks the 'bro code' then plays the depression card when it all comes out.......classy guy.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #84
He could try the defence which worked for a rich Saudi in a rape trial in the UK - he tripped and accidently impaled the victim.  In Lyon's case, he may have tripped a lot.

Reply #85
Both careers are dead, for Billy he collects a handsome fee for attending drunken sportsmen nights, that will be just about impossible now with the heckling and sledging that will come from the bleachers. It just won't be worth the pain!

Lyon might have a career with Ricky Nixon, perhaps they can write a book together. They could title it "Learning from the King!"
The Force Awakens!

Reply #86
It took Carey over a decade to recover from his scandal, Lyon being almost 50 will struggle to get another gig.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #87
Takes two to tango, GL has always been very complimentary towards her on the FS......
Kelli Stevens didnt really go the limelight and she didnt get a pass so I reckon NikkiB gets similar to GL.

Reckon GL is finished on CH 9 and he will be looking at a radio career only....what an idiot...

There is news and then there is just trashy social stories.

To be honest, I think we find out too much about these people that doesnt benefit us or society at all.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #88
Both careers are dead, for Billy he collects a handsome fee for attending drunken sportsmen nights, that will be just about impossible now with the heckling and sledging that will come from the bleachers. It just won't be worth the pain!
It would be a pretty poor individual who be heckling or sledging Billy over this, innocent victim.  I don't imagine the majority of a sportmans night audience would take too kindly to that sort of behaviour.

How long it takes before Billy feels able to do those sort of gigs again is another matter entirely.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #89
There is news and then there is just trashy social stories.

To be honest, I think we find out too much about these people that doesnt benefit us or society at all.

Absolutely Thry!

These sorts of grubby affairs happen anonymously all the time but, when it involves so-called celebrities, it suddenly becomes newsworthy.  I'm as guilty as everyone else in speculating about the gory details but I don't need to know and wouldn't mind if nothing more was said.

I guess there's so much speculation in social media, etc that those involved feel that they have to correct the record and, in doing so, feed the flames.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball