Skip to main content
Topic: Lyon V Brownless Stoush (Read 59193 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lyon V Brownless Stoush

Reply #180
The problem the footy show has is all the good media performers go to 7 and foxtel.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #181
With 3 well paid presenters, a junior newshound, guests like Sheehan and Murphy, a dedicated news reader and at least 3 in the production team, this is a VERY EXPENSIVE breakfast combination who would be collecting 2/5 of bugger all in advertising revenue.

SEN would be gutted today (all shifts took a hit) and they'd want to improve in the next 2 surveys if they want to see the year out.

Personally, they had the big build up, heavy promotion and gave it their best shot and failed!!!

Reply #182
Boom boom.

I may have used crotch but you used staff and member, and you call me wicked!

Perhaps that why another employee used to say "I'll report you, you beast!"

:))
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #183
They could add JC himself to the breakfast line up but while Watson Snr is on SEN I won't be listening to it.

You can just about put Gally Lyon in the same boat... my tosser alarm go off whenever he comes on so I have to switch over.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #184
Harf was great - I stopped listening when he left as the replacements are crap. Might teach them a lesson - why change something thats not broken.

Still not as bad as when Ch 7 axed Before the game. Most original and funniest footy show by a mile. So many non footy people watched it - thats how good it was. Looked forward to it every Saturday even when we lost it picked me up.

Yet they dropped it. Never understood that one

Reply #186
They could add JC himself to the breakfast line up but while Watson Snr is on SEN I won't be listening to it.

You can just about put Gally Lyon in the same boat... my tosser alarm go off whenever he comes on so I have to switch over.

Agree..Watson is annoying with his preaching and I was never a fan of Lyon before his falling out with Brownless given some stories I had heard.
HamMac  in small doses I can tolerate....

Reply #187
Could it be ratings have slipped because footy season hasn't started yet, and there is no real footy news going on??

They chased all the characters out of the game, and now can't drum up any interest.

I wonder why...
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #188
Agree..Watson is annoying with his preaching and I was never a fan of Lyon before his falling out with Brownless given some stories I had heard.
HamMac  in small doses I can tolerate....

EB, agree on GL. But I don't mind Watson - as a boundary rider during the telecasts, I think he says some good things, speaks well, good voice, succinct and to the point. He can be pretty humorless though. Hamish Mac - I usually give him a wide berth, especially when he interviews those poor hapless children during the half time interval. 

Reply #189
EB, agree on GL. But I don't mind Watson - as a boundary rider during the telecasts, I think he says some good things, speaks well, good voice, succinct and to the point. He can be pretty humorless though. Hamish Mac - I usually give him a wide berth, especially when he interviews those poor hapless children during the half time interval.

Watson is so biased towards CheatsFC that most of his special comments are targeted at turning a knife in the opposition, and they offer little insight.

If these people want respect, that can earn it a very simple way, step away from their conflicts of interest and continue to work hard. But they won't, because they are motivated by their conflict.

Would Watson Snr still be working in the media if not to defend Jab and CheatsFC?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #190
Watson is so biased towards CheatsFC that most of his special comments are targeted at turning a knife in the opposition, and they offer little insight.

If these people want respect, that can earn it a very simple way, step away from their conflicts of interest and continue to work hard. But they won't, because they are motivated by their conflict.

Would Watson Snr still be working in the media if not to defend Jab and CheatsFC?

In his role as boundary rider, he commentates on whatever game happens to be telecast, which rarely involves the Bombers. I can't comment on what he says in his other roles.

Reply #191
With 3 well paid presenters, a junior newshound, guests like Sheehan and Murphy, a dedicated news reader and at least 3 in the production team, this is a VERY EXPENSIVE breakfast combination who would be collecting 2/5 of bugger all in advertising revenue.

SEN would be gutted today (all shifts took a hit) and they'd want to improve in the next 2 surveys if they want to see the year out.

Personally, they had the big build up, heavy promotion and gave it their best shot and failed!!!

Big part of that is I think the average joe punter that listens to sen thinks all of theirs guys are egotistical knobs. Clearly sen doesn't know their audience by trying to turn it into MMM

Reply #192
In his role as boundary rider, he commentates on whatever game happens to be telecast, which rarely involves the Bombers. I can't comment on what he says in his other roles.

Even in his non-CheatsFC games he still rarely fails to miss a dig at opposition players/supporters, something that is notably and completely absent from his CheatsFC player or supporter commentary.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #193
SEN will be praying that when the season proper starts their ratings will bounce back. Doubt it though when their breakfast show is their worst... pretty ordinary launch pad for other programs. I am with so many other folks who've been turned off by Watson & Lyon. So much so that I now never listen to their breakfast show.

Don't know what SEN are thinking keeping those two, they're both tainted for different reasons. Smells of mates looking after mates, definitely not an objective decision. So many recently retired players with smarts and personality and NO BAGGAGE!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #194
Even in his non-CheatsFC games he still rarely fails to miss a dig at opposition players/supporters, something that is notably and completely absent from his CheatsFC player or supporter commentary.

Fair dinkum, if I'm not the dumbest member on these forums, I don't know who is. Why I continue to get sucked in to your hyperbolic trash talk is beyond me.