Skip to main content
Topic: Welcome Folks, Have A Good Look Around (Read 39893 times) previous topic - next topic

Welcome Folks, Have A Good Look Around

Here we are in our new home and we must thank Spanner once again for his hard work in making this happen very quickly.

As you may have noticed, this is a different format to the one we have been using for many years which may take a little while for you to become fully accustomed to. The good thing is that there are whole of new features which were not previously on the old site so you will certainly enjoy playing around with those.

If anyone has a question about where to find things on the site or has had trouble with registration or needs to know anything in general, please post it in this thread and one of the moderating team will address your issues as quickly as possible.

Please take the time to look around the site and bear in mind, over the coming week/fortnight, we will be making some minor adjustments so if you notice something different from the day before, don't panic, it's just us working behind the scenes.

Get posting and enjoy the new site.

BBB

Re: Welcome Folks, Have A Good Look Around

Reply #1
Starting to get the feel of the new place now - takes older blokes a bit longer - feels good! Performance is great so far.

Many thanks to all involved in setting things up, especially Spanner! As an old "techo" I appreciate it.

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
Awesome work Spanner. Well done and we appreciate the work you put in.

Reply #3
Where can I find the scrolling list of topic discussions?

Reply #4
Where can I find the scrolling list of topic discussions?

Closest thing to that is the top right hand side of the page 'recent'. Essentially the same thing, except it doesn't move.

Reply #5
Great work Spanner..  8)

I'll have a dozen Bintang to celebrate you God like status on CSC...  ;D
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #6
Is there a "like" button for posts? Is that what the applaud button is for?

Reply #7
I notice that when you post by default you are not taken back to the thread you posted in (which was the old behaviour and the behaviour I prefer).

If go to "Profile" on the menu bar at the top of the page, then click "Account Settings" you get taken to your settings page.

From there if you go to "Modify Profile" and select "Look and Feel" then check the fourth box from the bottom labelled "Return to topics after posting by default." and click the "Change Profile" button on the bottom right, you'll return to your thread after posting rather than go back to wherever the default option takes you.

Note, you can also set your timezone there as well as many other things.

Reply #8
This is frustrating - the scrolling forums function was preferred over the way in which forums are presented now - the full title isn't even listed and there are fewer forum topics listed under 'recent'.

Reply #9
This is frustrating - the scrolling forums function was preferred over the way in which forums are presented now - the full title isn't even listed and there are fewer forum topics listed under 'recent'.

Go to the top left hand corner of the page and when you are logged in click on the 'Show unread posts since last visit.'

That will bring up every topic since your last login.
Click on the 'new' part of each topic and it takes you right to the post you are up too.
Hit the same button again (or refresh - F5) and it will give you an updated list, taking out the thread you just read.
 ;)

Reply #10
Who ended up contributing the logo?

Reply #11
So what do the green squares under your name signify ? I have one square, others have 3,4 or even 5.

Reply #12
The logo Spanner did when no one came forward with the skills to do a banner, BTW we are still looking for one. the squares are a post indicator that may or may not be changed as we go. The staff here are learning the back part of it still and will take time to master. Be patient please.

Reply #13
Thanks to all of you who have volunteered your time to get this up and running. Much appreciated.

Just one question for now - what is the "karma" rating, and how does it get modified ?

Thanks

Reply #14
It's a bit like the "Like" function on some sites.
If folk like the 'cut' of your post they'll 'applaud' it.
Your Karma will rise.
If they don't like what you have to say they will 'smite  you and your Karma will go "down the gurgler"