Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview) (Read 90935 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview)

Reply #16
Perhaps - I just have a philosophical opposition to wanting my team to lose.
Indeed. Winning breeds winning.
To misquote: Victory has many fathers, defeat is an orphan.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
But a loss might have more impact.

Losing can never be a good thing mate, under any circumstances.
The supporters cheering when we got beaten by Melbourne and confirmed Kreuzer in the 2007 draft have sawdust for brains, would Trent Cotchin be handy in navy blue?
The club tanked and got their prize recruit, but all that did was confirm a culture at the club that losing is acceptable and can sometimes be a good thing, it's an attitude that has always mystified me.
I hope we smash Brisbane and that Zach Tuohy knocks Robinson senseless.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #18
Indeed. Winning breeds winning.
To misquote: Victory has many fathers, defeat is an orphan.

Hey Crash - Did you find Mick's book about the slow ox?

Come to think about it, that book might have something to do with how slow most of the players seem to be.

"The team is slow but the fans are not patient"

Reply #20
Based on Malthouse's press conference last night, I'd be expecting at least 3-4 changes to the team that lost so badly last night. I'm expecting a strong message to be sent out to everyone with this week's selections.

Depending on who does what in the NB's today will determine who gets the promotion. Wouldn't be surprised to see a leftfield selection either, someone completely unexpected.

The spine needs to be addressed but with limited options to choose from (the overall list is a little bare) so Jamison & Casboult may come back into calculations, even Watson may be thrown a last-gasp lifeline, hopefully Kreuzer is ready too.

IN's : Kreuzer, Jamison, Watson, Menzel, Viojo-Rainbow, Graham
OUT's : Gibbs (omitted), Henderson (inj), Warnock (omitted), Walker (omitted), Ellard (omitted), Curnow (omitted)
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #21
Keep in mind;

If your Carlton supporting children aren't doing their chores you can threaten to make them to watch us next Sunday! Should surely set them straight! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
Jammos shoulders are shot, so he can't tackle with any confidence and a decent bump stuffs him.

Casboult should have played instead of Warnock. At least Levi can mark. Mick said last night he was dropped because of lack of form, then added "goal kicking form".

Whose fault is that!! The so called genius assistants had 6 months of practice prior to the season to get him right. So no excuse there. Now that the season is 5 rounds old, they bring in Rocca.

Gibbs needs to go. Loves himself too much and is a liability. The young blokes look to the Gibbs' to lead the way. He has been a passenger since the day he started relying on others to do the hard yards.

Watson is a genuine dud. Has got no idea.

They will give Kreuzer another run despite what he might do tomorrow in the VFL.

I'm going and taking my 5 year old grandson for his first ever game.

I'm not expecting much.

Mick will be loathe to drop so called Senior players, because he will hope that they can win a game or two so that he can keep his job.

I had high hopes for Whiley. he was way out of his depth and was terrible.

Ellard can't run out a full game, and isn't good enough.

Curnow, has gone backwards. One day, he's going to swallow a fly or a moth if a game is played at night.

Walker was useless, and lacks match practice. He should have been played forward anyway, but that is typical of mick's conservatism.

I like Bokehorste's effort, but he needs to put on another 10 kilos.
Agree that graham needs to get a go. Dick another chance.

Will Cieran Byrne be fit? If yes, must come in.

I would give Clem Smith another go, especially at Jihad stadium under the roof.

we need speed and some crumbers up forward.

At thew moment it's a dogs breakfast.

I reckon most if not all of us believe that the seasons gone.

I reckon that the Board, should go to Mick and say, "look, you are guaranteed till the end of the year. We WANT you to pick the young blokes who we hope will put in an effort every game. You will not be judged on wins or losses, but rather how well you can get them to play for you and the Club. If you can win some games with them, and have honourable losses, you will have a great chance of getting a new contract."

At the moment, he won't admit it, but Mick is going into preservation mode, because as he told the media, I can't expect to be coach if I don't win games.

Mark Loguidewhatever his name is, needs to put his business hat on, and think with his head not his hearty.

mick has got a proven record of building premiership and finals playing teams from nothing.

Tell him that that's what you want to see if he can do for the rest of this year, with the young blokes, who are obviously a season or two away. it will also give the club a chance to see if we are going to have the nucleus of a team that can make finals in the next two years, or if it's a five year job.

I reckon we have nothing to lose by giving this a shot.

Reply #23
Last night the commentators pumped up Grundy like he was some sort of rucking monolith and the AFLs in-form ruckmen. They are kidding themselves!

The in-form AFL ruckmen is Stefan Martin and he is going to rip our blokes a new one next weekend!

PS; Rockliff was a hard man against us last season, GC's May made him look like a pussy!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
Last night the commentators pumped up Grundy like he was some sort of rucking monolith and the AFLs in-form ruckmen. They are kidding themselves!

The in-form AFL ruckmen is Stefan Martin and he is going to rip our blokes a new one next weekend!

You're right, Martin is very athletic and really gets around the ground racking up posessions, tackles etc. Our guys wil be run into the ground.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
Well the Suns (inept) have just given the Lions (even more inept) a nice touch up.

It's come to this. We can only hope the Lions are more inept than we are.

Reply #26
Well the Suns (inept) have just given the Lions (even more inept) a nice touch up.

It's come to this. We can only hope the Lions are more inept than we are.

Don't count your chickens PaulP. It could be a draw the way we are going.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #27
Battle of the wooden spooners this game...

Reply #28
Battle of the wooden spooners this game...

But at least we can sleep knowing neither club used illicit drugs. But hahha that's obvious because if the had they'd be sitting 10th and pressing.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #29
There is no way I will accept that we are worse than the Lions. They have an average list, injuries, a rookie coach, and a couple of big losses, including one to the lowly Suns. Their confidence and self belief must be pretty low.

I never expected to beat the Pies. They are coming along nicely, and I was hoping for yet another "honorable loss". I didn't expect a shellacking, but I knew we wouldn't win. 

This game is a must win.