Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2019 Rd 4: Northern Blues vs. Werribee (Read 13864 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL 2019 Rd 4: Northern Blues vs. Werribee

This game was originally slated for Sat at Preston, but the Preston ground is having issues at the moment. Therefore this game is at Carlton, at 1400 on Saturday.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL 2019 Rd 4: Northern Blues vs. Werribee

Reply #1
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Bloody scary picture of Fasolo when you open up!!!!

WHETHER it’s at the ground or at home, we’ve got you covered.

Tomorrow’s game will be live-streamed on Carlton’s Youtube channel.

Beginning from 2pm, the match against Werribee at Ikon Park will see the Blues look for their third win to open the season.

With some emerging talent named to play, it’ll be a great chance for Bluebaggers to tune in and support a Northern side which has showed plenty of spirit in the opening fortnight.

And with Carlton to play interstate this weekend, there’s also the chance to return to the heartland and watch the Blues in action.

As is the case with all Ikon Park games, the match will be free entry for all Carlton and/or Northern Blues members.

If Charlie is doubtful, they'll again take 2 emergencies interstate which will slightly weaken a fairly strong NB outfit.  Werribee are no great shakes, no Barlow.....could be 3 zip.

Reply #3
Bloody scary picture of Fasolo when you open up!!!!

WHETHER it’s at the ground or at home, we’ve got you covered.

Tomorrow’s game will be live-streamed on Carlton’s Youtube channel.

Beginning from 2pm, the match against Werribee at Ikon Park will see the Blues look for their third win to open the season.

With some emerging talent named to play, it’ll be a great chance for Bluebaggers to tune in and support a Northern side which has showed plenty of spirit in the opening fortnight.

And with Carlton to play interstate this weekend, there’s also the chance to return to the heartland and watch the Blues in action.

As is the case with all Ikon Park games, the match will be free entry for all Carlton and/or Northern Blues members.

If Charlie is doubtful, they'll again take 2 emergencies interstate which will slightly weaken a fairly strong NB outfit.  Werribee are no great shakes, no Barlow.....could be 3 zip.

I was thinking of going to the game but if it's live-streamed I can save some time and money! Any way I check? I'm not so good finding my way around technology. Went to the NBs YouTube page but couldn't find confirmation about tomorrow's game being broadcast live...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
NORTHERN BLUES v. WERRIBEE

Round 4 – 27/04/2019  1400  IKON Park

Northern Blues

B: 77. M. Blakey, 26. H. Macreadie, 37. B. Silvagni
HB: 13. L. Stocker, 45. H. Goddard, 31. T. Williamson
C: 55. J.  O’Rourke, 69. S.  Fisher, 50. T.  Wilson
HF: 36. P. Kerr, 80. K. Keppel, 16. D. Lang,
F: 32. A. Fasolo, 53. J. Palmer, 29. C. Polson
R: 34. A. Phillips, 28. D. Cuningham, 7. M. Kennedy
Int: 75. F. Anderson, 21. J. Garlett,  27. M. Lobbe, 38. F. O’Dwyer, 44. M. Owies, 19. A. Schumacher, 52. M. Stavrou, 73. O. White

23P: 72. N. Wheeler

In: D. Cuningham, F. O’Dwyer, O. White, M. Stavrou, J.O’Rourke, C. Polson, A. Schumacher
Out: J. Hill,  M. Cottrell,  E. Penrith

Hill has started the year slowly. No big surprise: he didn't play many practice matches. He also started last year as a real liability before coming good. I've removed Silvagni and Casboult. Charlie Curnow wasn't named at all.

Werribee

B: 21. L. Pinnuck, 14. T. House, 30. M. Spencer
HB: 18. R. Hebron, 26. D. Nielson, 7. D. McFarlane
C: 15. K.  Declase, 4. T.  Gribble, 22. B.  Malual
HF: 29. D. Brew, 10. J. Maishman, 8. J. Henderson
F: 17. M. Augerinos, 5. N. Coughlan, 2. M. Munro
R: 31. A. Clarke, 11. M. Hanson, 9. J. Clayton
Int: 12. R. Barrack, 43. D. Bennett, 40. T. Boyd, 33. A. Domic, 19. J. Edwards, 13. K. Gray, 16. O. Junker, 46. R. Kemp
23P: 32. J. Riccardi
Werribee do not look that strong, for what it is worth.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Did we go too soon on Cottrell?

Should we have looked elsewhere for a top up player?

Reply #6
Did we go too soon on Cottrell?

Should we have looked elsewhere for a top up player?

Very ordinary player at TAC level IMO, didnt get much ball in games and his Grand Final Performance was very average.
Does chase/tackle well but really needs to show more ball winning ability IMO as a wingman.

Reply #7
NORTHERN BLUES v. WERRIBEE

Round 4 – 27/04/2019  1400  IKON Park

Northern Blues

B: 77. M. Blakey, 26. H. Macreadie, 37. B. Silvagni
HB: 13. L. Stocker, 45. H. Goddard, 31. T. Williamson
C: 55. J.  O’Rourke, 69. S.  Fisher, 50. T.  Wilson
HF: 36. P. Kerr, 80. K. Keppel, 16. D. Lang,
F: 32. A. Fasolo, 53. J. Palmer, 29. C. Polson
R: 34. A. Phillips, 28. D. Cuningham, 7. M. Kennedy
Int: 75. F. Anderson, 21. J. Garlett,  27. M. Lobbe, 38. F. O’Dwyer, 44. M. Owies, 19. A. Schumacher, 52. M. Stavrou, 73. O. White

23P: 72. N. Wheeler

In: D. Cuningham, F. O’Dwyer, O. White, M. Stavrou, J.O’Rourke, C. Polson, A. Schumacher
Out: J. Hill,  M. Cottrell,  E. Penrith

Hill has started the year slowly. No big surprise: he didn't play many practice matches. He also started last year as a real liability before coming good. I've removed Silvagni and Casboult. Charlie Curnow wasn't named at all.

Werribee

B: 21. L. Pinnuck, 14. T. House, 30. M. Spencer
HB: 18. R. Hebron, 26. D. Nielson, 7. D. McFarlane
C: 15. K.  Declase, 4. T.  Gribble, 22. B.  Malual
HF: 29. D. Brew, 10. J. Maishman, 8. J. Henderson
F: 17. M. Augerinos, 5. N. Coughlan, 2. M. Munro
R: 31. A. Clarke, 11. M. Hanson, 9. J. Clayton
Int: 12. R. Barrack, 43. D. Bennett, 40. T. Boyd, 33. A. Domic, 19. J. Edwards, 13. K. Gray, 16. O. Junker, 46. R. Kemp
23P: 32. J. Riccardi
Werribee do not look that strong, for what it is worth.

Keep an eye on Spencer, Hanson and Clayton...three Werribee players who I do rate.....

Reply #8
Not inconceivable that the half back line in the NBs could be the AFL half back line at some stage!!

Reply #9
https://youtu.be/thy-9_70Id0

Hopefully I got this right and it is the link to watch the NBs this arvo against Werribee.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
Excellent this is about to begin.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
can I say that the club has done a good job with our vfl team over the last couple of years. 

The acquisition of Alex Johnson and John o'Rourke are exactly what our vfl team needs to be about.  Rehabbing blokes to hopefully restart their afl careers.

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
That is the most embarrassing start to a game I've seen.

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
Same problem our senior team has struggled with.

Last kick entering 50 is the problem. 

Werribee cutting us up with rebound at half back.  Our defense has been opened up too easily.

We are enjoying ruck dominance but getting killed if Kennedy and Wilson dont win the stoppage ball.

Quarter time down 5.1. 31 to 1.1.7.

Paul Hewson

Reply #14
Kennedy has been poor, Werribee lack a bit of class but are a robust team of goers.