Skip to main content

Poll

Who is in our best 22?

1 - Jack Silvagni
2 - Paddy Dow
3 - Jesse Motlop
4 - Lochie O'Brien
5 - Adam Cerra
**6 - Zac Williams** Ineligible (out for season)
7 - Matt Kennedy
8 - Lachie Fogarty
9 - Patrick Cripps
10 - Harry McKay
11 - Mitch McGovern
12 - Tom De Koning
13 - Blake Acres
14 - Oliver Hollands
15 - Sam Docherty
16 - Jack Carroll
17 - Brodie Kemp
18 - Sam Walsh
19 - Corey Durdin
20 - Lachie Plowman
21 - Jack Martin
22 - Caleb Marchbank
23 - Jacob Weitering
24 - Nick Newman
25 - Zac Fisher
26 - Lachlan Cowan
27 - Marc Pittonet
28 - David Cuningham
29 - George Hewitt
30 - Charlie Curnow
31 - Harry Lemmey
32 - Jaxon Binns
33 - Lewis Young
**34 - Sam Philp** Ineligible (out for season)
35 - Ed Curnow
36 - Josh Honey
37 - Jordan Boyd
38 - Sam Durdin
41 - Dom Akuei
42 - Adam Saad
44 - Matthew Owies
45 - Alex Mirkov
46 - Matthew Cottrell
New #39 - Alex Cincotta - Injury replacement player
Topic: Pick your best 22 - PART 7 - End of season (Read 12184 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pick your best 22 - PART 7 - End of season

Reply #15
I picked a best 22 rather than a balanced 22.  There are so many genuine contenders that I'm not really sure whether my team below reflects my best 22 but it is my best 25.

B     Newman   Weitering   McGovern
HB     Saad   Kemp   Marchbank
C     Acres   Cripps   Docherty
HF     Martin   McKay   De Koning
F     Motlop   C Curnow   Fogarty

Foll     Pittonet   Hewett   Walsh

I/C     Cerra, Cottrell, Hollands, Cincotta

Emerg     Owies, Cuningham, Silvagni

Knocking on the door:        Boyd, Cowan, Kennedy, Binns, C Durdin, Fisher, Dow,

Developing/Injury cover:      Lemmey, O'Keeffe, S Durdin, Akuei, Carroll, Mirkov

Out the door:    E Curnow, Plowman, Honey
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
I picked a best 22 rather than a balanced 22.  There are so many genuine contenders that I'm not really sure whether team below reflects my best 22 but it is my best 25.

B   Newman  Weitering  McGovern
HB   Saad  Kemp  Marchbank
C   Acres  Cripps  Docherty
HF   Martin  McKay  De Koning
F   Motlop  C Curnow  Fogarty

Foll   Pittonet  Hewett  Walsh

I/C   Cerra, Cottrell, Hollands, Cincotta
That's about as good of a starting 22 as we can muster at the moment.

There may be argy bargy about some on the fringe, but actually that it the best thing right now, general quality and consistency of those on the fringe has greatly increased so we are just settling for the last few spots, they actually have to perform!

I'd probably start Cerra and have Doc on the bench, simply because Doc can be given some quick instructions and go anywhere on the ground to fix an issue, and be trusted to make a difference. I think Doc staying fit and healthy he will become our Mr Fixit over the next couple of seasons, a bit like Sidebottom for the Filth.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
I can comprehend there was a lot of anti-ruck duo discussion on this site, and this survey shows 85% picked a ruck duo, with associated assertions of players being overpaid while underperforming.

So it seems like the noise was coming from a very very noisy minority.

As has been mentioned previously, i picked 2 rucks and 2 key forwards (and Jack)....and i regret it.
Similar to DJC, i picked a best 22, rather than a balanced 22.

So be careful projecting your own perceptions onto other people. ;)

Reply #18
B: Marchbank Weitering Saad
HB: Docherty McGovern Newman
C: Acres Cripps Hollands
HF: Martin McKay Fogarty
F: Motlop Curnow Owies
R: de Koning Cerra Walsh
I: Pittonet Cottrell Boyd Hewett
E: Silvagni Cincotta Cuningham Kennedy

Reply #19
I can comprehend there was a lot of anti-ruck duo discussion on this site, and this survey shows 85% picked a ruck duo, with associated assertions of players being overpaid while underperforming.

So it seems like the noise was coming from a very very noisy minority.
I have not been one of those LP, except for one match, the last match of the year, when Pitto looked like he needed a rest, looked sore and indeed he did miss that dead-rubber match in any case.

Reply #20
This is the end of year best 22, it's subject to change next season. I really like Cincotta and it was very hard for me to omit him. He played how many games in a row? He's our best option on smaller defenders with his speed and medium height imo.

Reply #21
This is the end of year best 22, it's subject to change next season. I really like Cincotta and it was very hard for me to omit him. He played how many games in a row? He's our best option on smaller defenders with his speed and medium height imo.
In fact Cincotta in for Boyd. The latter played well against Brisbane, has very good speed and disposal by foot, but needs to be more consistent and do it more in games. He does have something, needs to be more fitter to impact more. But Cincotta has those qualities and a much better defensive game. He just dropped off later, probably one of the many who were tired and perhaps even sore too.