Skip to main content
Topic: Robbo: Carlton tanking? (Read 8623 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Robbo: Carlton tanking?

Reply #15
Robbo.  Modern day les Patterson.  What a flog

Reply #16
We are obviously the big news story of the day! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17

As for that fool's tanking theory, perhaps he should look in the stands at our games and see how many of our front line players are sitting up there with him. If we were losing games with all these guys on the field, then you could reasonably claim we were tanking. Take a dozen front liners out of any other team and see how they play!

CL, I'm wondering who the dozen actually are. I don't subscribe to the tanking theory at all, but I'd be surprised if we had anywhere near that many missing from our best 22.

Reply #18
If he's trying to deflect attention from Hird, it won't work  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
If he's trying to deflect attention from Hird, it won't work  :)

Flubbo will probably claim Hird has resigned in disgust after hearing how Carlton's tanking had compromised the competition! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
How does one tank anyway? If you mean applying no pressure, missing kicks and handballs, missing goals, going soft st the contest, ducking at marking contests, not running hard or long enough, not supporting players being manhandled off the ball the  we been tanking since, hmm say 2012.

On brighter news, Essondumb will get a crap coach being last cab off the rank for clubs needing a SC next year.

Go Baggers, fudge the rest.

Reply #21
I was told Carlton / Brisbane / GC aren't even locked on the same player in the draft at this stage.

What would be the point in tanking?

Reply #22
I was told Carlton / Brisbane / GC aren't even locked on the same player in the draft at this stage.

I don't think we're tanking, we're just sh**, but I think recruiters value all picks not just the first round. PSD included.

Reply #23

Brisbane will be making the case that they are shizen, have lost 5 players because they can't pay to make them stay and will this year also lose more young talent in IAish and the Berger. Therefore they need a PP to make up for losses outside of their control. With Swann having friends in hhigh places and the AFL keen to help struggling QLD clubs it's a real chance to happen. Hence the club so desperate to shed percentage and finish behind them.