Skip to main content
Topic: R21 Carlton vs Melbourne (Sun twilight at the 'G) (Read 29438 times) previous topic - next topic

R21 Carlton vs Melbourne (Sun twilight at the 'G)

Over in Melbs this weekend and will be going.

Hoping for some good footy viewing and to see some of our kids showing some talent and heart.

Have not seen any Blues matches on the tv for a month or so being here in SA.

Re: R21 Carlton vs Melbourne (Sun twilight at the 'G)

Reply #1
Taking my son to his first ever game. His last chance to see the great man in person.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Am going as it will be the last game I attend for the year. Hoping the sun shines on the great man as he travels around the sacred turf as has been a great player for our club and at times the only ray of sunshine in the last 12 years.

Reply #3
I'm going with my wife who is a Melbourne supporter, and my son and Grandson who were smart and and followed me into supporting the CFC.

So the missus will be heavily outnumbered.

Reply #4
It will be the last game I get to this year: I am having foot surgery next week and won't be walking for the last round against Hawthorn.

With our list I can't see us winning, but Melbourne were one quarter wonders against the Dogs. So it is going to be another nil all draw type of game.

Seriously, I can't see us winning while we play Smith and Dick and similar guys. But there isn't a lot I can do about that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Hogan 6 goals and I reckon Garlett will beat up on us like all the ex Blues players seem to do and kick 4...
Gawn to dominate the rucks and Viney to beat up on Murphy.....
Like I said previously we need to play Tutt and Jones and make sure of the result ...

Reply #6
Hogan 6 goals and I reckon Garlett will beat up on us like all the ex Blues players seem to do and kick 4...
Like I said previously we need to play Tutt and Jones and make sure of the result ...

I'm fearful that this is pretty much spot on what ll happen.
Big Hoges will virtually rubber stamp the Rising Star with a  BOG against us.

Reply #7
Our family will come to this game from regional WA - to farewell the Juddman.
Although this is the main reason we're spending the hard-earned, I'm really hopeful that the Blues put on a good show. Heck the optimist in me is even hoping we get over the line. Better still, I'm so glad we chose this round and not the dreaded last round..
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
I expect us to bounce back from last week's lacklustre effort. Fortunately for us the Dees are hot and cold in games as well so if our better players can take advantage of their lapses we could sneak over the line. Fitting that the Juddmeister does his lap of honour when we play the Dees, the side he barracked for as a kid.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9

Add Watson to those ponies with Ellard and Dick and we should seal the deal!

Reply #10
I wouldn't be overtly upset if that punk Viney gets dealt with... getting a bit tired of him beating up on little blokes and  is the kind of opponent that we need to put back into place otherwise he will lord it over our blokes for the next 10 years.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
I wouldn't be overtly upset if that punk Viney gets dealt with... getting a bit tired of him beating up on little blokes and  is the kind of opponent that we need to put back into place otherwise he will lord it over our blokes for the next 10 years.

Agree...likes to needle and play the tough guy...pity Robbo isnt still with us....Viney on the you have been Robbo-ed thread would be nice viewing..
Murphy hopefully can give some back and his team-mates can make regular contact with Viney...

Reply #12
Agree...likes to needle and play the tough guy...pity Robbo isnt still with us....Viney on the you have been Robbo-ed thread would be nice viewing..
Murphy hopefully can give some back and his team-mates can make regular contact with Viney...

First contest - a nice rib tickling tackle from Kreuzer and/or Cripps would be nice.

I reckon Nick Holman likes a bit of a dust up so I would like the see him encouraged to 'mingle' a bit.

Reply #13
I honestly think we can win this one, or at least lose a close one.
I'm hoping Yarran and Menzel are back in, enough of the BS and Barker having his ego trip.
Yarran, Menzel and Casbout in for Dick, Ellard and Rowe for mine.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #14
I honestly think we can win this one, or at least lose a close one.
I'm hoping Yarran and Menzel are back in, enough of the BS and Barker having his ego trip.
Yarran, Menzel and Casbout in for Dick, Ellard and Rowe for mine.

Doubt you will ever see Menzel and Yarran pull on the navy blue again.

But I also believe we can win this one.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17