Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 11: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 11851 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 11: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #30
No word yet on the injury to ACOS.

Reply #32
Ruptured his achilles. Gone for the year.  :(
Tragic - he deserves better. Turns 31 in September and could be the end of his career.

Reply #33
Ruptured his achilles. Gone for the year.  :(

Thanks. One player I have been waiting to see in the seniors. I love what he brings. That's just sh1t news.

Reply #34
Poor guy. Shame we didn't get him 6 or 7 years ago.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #35
Bummer!!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36
Another example of our medical incompetence? He's been out with a sore achilles, they bring him back too early and he ruptures it. Sounds to me like amateur hour continues in our medical room. How many of our players are we going to do this to before questions get asked?

Reply #37
I don’t know if he was brought back too early, I also don’t know if Kruizer was played when injured, Kennedy, Murphy... etc.
Maybe our desperate situation “required” those risks, maybe it was inept of us, I don’t know, but it should be looked at come end of season.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #39
I don’t know if he was brought back too early, I also don’t know if Kruizer was played when injured, Kennedy, Murphy... etc.
Maybe our desperate situation “required” those risks, maybe it was inept of us, I don’t know, but it should be looked at come end of season.

Similarly, I'm not sure about it, but what I do see is that we could potentially take better care of our players which comes from an overall duty of care to your employees.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40

Similarly, I'm not sure about it, but what I do see is that we could potentially take better care of our players which comes from an overall duty of care to your employees.

We have no idea of the cause of this recent injury, it could easily have been a clip from some opponents boot in traffic or congestion and is unrelated to his medical history!

It's easy to blame the medicos, but the bigger question is ignoring one game on Franklin should he have even been picked up by our club?

From the perspective of our youth I think it was worth the risk, but it did have some risk given his injury history.

From an overall club perspective it's probably been a bust. He's provided Carlton with about as much as TBird gave GWS!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
We have no idea of the cause of this recent injury, it could easily have been a clip from some opponents boot in traffic or congestion and is unrelated to his medical history!

It's easy to blame the medicos, but the bigger question is ignoring one game on Franklin should he have even been picked up by our club?

Neither Thry or myself are blaming the medicos, however multiple players have played this year when clearly hampered by injury, and several have come back after a break and had a reoccurrence of the same injury.
Clearly this needs to be investigated.

As for ASOS, he has played well when on the park, held opponents, supported teammates and supposedly mentors well, it’s a pity for the injuries.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #42
Exactly.   I wasn't a fan of his acquisition when we got him, but was converted by his performances.

My only question is not about blame but uncovering what we can do to improve and prevent these things in future.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #43
It's amazing how durable some success will make a player!

We were closer last season, but from public comments this season it seems was all part of the plan! Why didn't they just tell me that up front?

Also, what is the media rallying against, and why? Are they trying to bully the AFL and Carlton in a certain direction, will Carlton blink?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44

We were closer last season, but from public comments this season it seems was all part of the plan! Why didn't they just tell me that up front?

Also, what is the media rallying against, and why? Are they trying to bully the AFL and Carlton in a certain direction, will Carlton blink?

What are you trying to say now ?

Did you really think that Doc missing every game of 2018, Rowe coming back from a knee and Gibbs being traded for draft picks was going to make us a better team in 2018 v 2017 ? ????????????????????????
Let’s go BIG !