Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2024 Rd 7 Carlton vs Casey at Carlton (Read 709 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2024 Rd 7 Carlton vs Casey at Carlton

Reply #15
We're a point down but can't any traction going forward. Casey doing well.

Reply #16
We just dropped an easy mark on the 50.

Reply #17
Lost by 3pts 69-66. Defence was literally bombarded and did a wonderful job holding up but couldn't do anything at all beyond the centreline.

Jaxon Binns 42 touches and 5 tackles.

Reply #18
Not the result we wanted but it was good to see AFL listed players with senior experience showing they’re a step above the VFL boys.  Take a bow Jaxon Binns, Orazio Fantasia and, to a slightly lesser extent, Lewis Young.

Not quite the same input from Marchbank and Cuningham but Marchy’s leadership was evident.

Monahan does some nice things.  I think he’s going to be a player.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
Binns: 42 possessions, 11 marks, 5 tackles, 5 clearances, but in the last couple of moment he had a couple of serious mistakes. Still, he got leather poisoning.

Casey wanted it more, especially at the end. We have too many who are not hard nuts. Many of them were disappointing tonight.

Fantasia: 22 possessions, but not a single score.

Moir: 6 possessions. Disappointing.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
Binns: 42 possessions, 11 marks, 5 tackles, 5 clearances, but in the last couple of moment he had a couple of serious mistakes. Still, he got leather poisoning.

Casey wanted it more, especially at the end. We have too many who are not hard nuts. Many of them were disappointing tonight.

Fantasia: 22 possessions, but not a single score.

Moir: 6 possessions. Disappointing.
So other than the Auskicker, the other senior listed players showed SFA. Great.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
Binnsy is a machine like Walsh - goes from contest to contest all day

Reply #22
Binnsy is a machine like Walsh - goes from contest to contest all day
Sorry mate, dont see the hype. Plus he looks too small (thin) for mine.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
I missed the game. I'd just like folks opinions....
Walsh racks up possessions and it's noticable. He's everywhere. He's influencing the game.

One of the things I've noticed watching VFL games when Binns is involved is... that I don't 'notice' him.
It surprises me when I look up the stat sheet at the end of the game and see he's had it so many times.

I'm guessing part of that is the coverage of games with less camera angles and the commentators not always calling the player in possession on long shots.

Was Binns 'noticable' last night?
Did he have a big influence on the game.

Reply #24
I missed the game. I'd just like folks opinions....
Walsh racks up possessions and it's noticable. He's everywhere. He's influencing the game.

One of the things I've noticed watching VFL games when Binns is involved is... that I don't 'notice' him.
It surprises me when I look up the stat sheet at the end of the game and see he's had it so many times.

I'm guessing part of that is the coverage of games with less camera angles and the commentators not always calling the player in possession on long shots.

Was Binns 'noticable' last night?
Did he have a big influence on the game.

You couldn’t miss him Lods.  Not only did he bring his own ball, he did some great things with it and at both ends of the ground.

Sometimes his work didn’t go to plan, like the run from halfback to half forward that ended with a shanked kick, but was eye catching just the same.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #25
You couldn’t miss him Lods.  Not only did he bring his own ball, he did some great things with it and at both ends of the ground.

Sometimes his work didn’t go to plan, like the run from halfback to half forward that ended with a shanked kick, but was eye catching just the same.

That's good to hear. Time for him to get another run.

Reply #26
That's good to hear. Time for him to get another run.

But not as the sub.  He should be in the 22.

Reply #27
But not as the sub.  He should be in the 22.

Probably so but maybe not against the Swans - unless we are lacking options - the following week against the Suns might be a better choice.

Reply #28
Probably so but maybe not against the Swans - unless we are lacking options - the following week against the Suns might be a better choice.
Agree with this.

Considering it's a 5 day turn around from the Sun's game to Port in Adelaide wouldn't be surprised if someone like Cripps is rested for the Sun's match