Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 44833 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
I suspect time might be up for Phillips, too fragile, and we don't have the list to carry him as a backup to an already damaged ruckmen!

Lobbe might be a good buy if he can get himself sorted, until De Koning and McKay get themselves sorted as ruck options.

I look forward to seeing De Koning in a year or 2. I hope we don't turn his talent to crape as well.

Phillips would be best looking at another club. He's shown he can play if he's first ruck mostly rucking on his own. Just no room for 2 rucks in most sides these days.

Reply #16
As a loyal supporter and member it’s gut wrenching to have to endue such a putrid insipid display against a team we should actually be ahead of yet they absolutely pump us in every level.    And when I try and stay a little positive which is hard enough I’m reminded of the stupidity from our club in recently and I might say proudly declaring ‘we don’t want a priority pick’.  :o

We are a joke from the top down. 

I always tried to be positive during the last 15 years of crap but I thats it now. I have lost all faith we will ever be anything but a laughing stock.

Never ever thought I would say this but I am now so bloody embarrassed to follow the team i have loved for the last 45 years.

This loss has removed any doubt I had we might not be on the right track. We are a sad irrelevant organization and deserve all the sh1t we cop from the media.

Gutted. 

Reply #17
Probably. Another possible option must have thought it funny - he was having a good laugh in the crowd apparently!  >:(

Harry or Levi?

Charlie could ended up with 4 or 5 if he held those dollys in the first qtr. Glad he plays for us. Kicks 3 on his bad days.

Reply #18
To all the Harry Haters out there for him having the temerity to have a laugh at the footy, he is an employee!!! The days of yore are gawn people, this is the generation of Free Agency, loyalty is a redundant theory.
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #19
Certainly makes you wonder WTF is going on for sure. Our defence especially was all at sea - zoning completely broke down at times and opposition players were left with a free hand to destroy us. Surely that wasn't all down to Simmo being missing?? And we just could not capitalise on our F50 entries which were invariably and predictably to Charlie who was often being double teamed?

Note. Comments based on first three qtrs = could not bear to watch any more.
Geez, you got that far in. Youre a better man than I.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
@ Shawny

The "promised land" for us certainly looks as if it could well be on a very distant planet light years away atm, that's for sure.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21
SOS, Weitering and SPS,have no idea of what role they are supposed to perform. I want to know why those 3, who started off so well, are struggling. They've all shown they have talent. As I said to someone else, if the players we drafted the last few years wore red and white I bet they'd all be going very well as most of them have talent. You can only draft good players, up to the coaching staff to develop them. Right now our coaches could turn Dusty into a dud.

SoJ is no Dusty, we haven't derailed his career, he's just not up to it and he's not shown the same ability as others on our list. Not even close!

Chances are good there will be a spill and SoJ will eventually get the chop with his old man resigning in disgust, which will be a pity, dead-set pity, but it's a situation of our own making! The clubs pumped up the lads tyres to leverage his surname, but he's just not that sort of player, I'm afraid if he's regularly getting a game the club is in trouble. I love SoJ's heart, his desire, his footy brain, the fact he bleeds navy blue, but the name doesn't make up for the deficits and opposition teams will keep taking full advantage of his short-comings! I think his best chance was to eventually displace someone like Kennedy, Lang or Ed in the midfield, but he won't learn those tricks playing in the back-pocket! If we chop him, will he try to extend his career elsewhere?

About the others you have a very valid point.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
Phillips would be best looking at another club. He's shown he can play if he's first ruck mostly rucking on his own. Just no room for 2 rucks in most sides these days.

No club will take him on as a 1st ruck, he's too fragile!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
To all the Harry Haters out there for him having the temerity to have a laugh at the footy, he is an employee!!! The days of yore are gawn people, this is the generation of Free Agency, loyalty is a redundant theory.

So why should supporters be loyal then? If a player is accepting our coin he should be with us 100% and at least try and look interested in us being successful. I might just jump on board with the team that looks to be the best chance for the flag in future, and if they start to falter jump aboard with my next choice.  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
We signed Murphy for a further 2 years. Let that sink in people...  >:D
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #25

If that is all you saw from today's game best close your eyes!

You need to ask why when our captain got put down by the Lions, that is the Carlton captain got put down whoever he was, it was Hodge that picked him up! Love someone or hate them, there are lines you should never cross, and our Carlton players, our captain's team-mates, just keep crossing this line!

A lot of them are marking time, our club is just a stopover on the way somewhere else, anywhere else! Any player who is playing for the club and jumper should not accept those events!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
SoJ is no Dusty, we haven't derailed his career, he's just not up to it and he's not shown the same ability as others on our list. Not even close!

Chances are good there will be a spill and SoJ will eventually get the chop with his old man resigning in disgust, which will be a pity, dead-set pity, but it's a situation of our own making! The clubs pumped up the lads tyres to leverage his surname, but he's just not that sort of player, I'm afraid if he's regularly getting a game the club is in trouble. I love SoJ's heart, his desire, his footy brain, the fact he bleeds navy blue, but the name doesn't make up for the deficits and opposition teams will keep taking full advantage of his short-comings! I think his best chance was to eventually displace someone like Kennedy, Lang or Ed in the midfield, but he won't learn those tricks playing in the back-pocket! If we chop him, will he try to extend his career elsewhere?

About the others you have a very valid point.

I wasn't comparing him to Dusty, surprised you think I did,  just that he has shown quite a bit in his first two years but, like more talented ones such as Weitering and SPS, why have he gone backwards after showing alot in their first years. The only thing I said about Dusty is that we could turn him into a dud if he played for us.

I reckon if all the players we have drafted the last 3 years played in Swans colors most would be flying.

Reply #27
So why should supporters be loyal then? If a player is accepting our coin he should be with us 100% and at least try and look interested in us being successful. I might just jump on board with the team that looks to be the best chance for the flag in future, and if they start to falter jump aboard with my next choice.  ::)
That is exactly what happens in the NFL Cookie! Thats where Free Agency comes from, say no more.....

Mate I've been a loyal supporter since 1970, I understand your grief exactly, but this game of today is all about the coach's job security, it stopped being about us, the supporters, about 15 years ago. So you may as well "jump on board" the next big thing.
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #28

Who has an issue with that other than yourself.

Reply #29
Just in defence of Harry McKay folks

As sad as I was I remember having a few laughs with friends and family at my Mum's funeral.
Don't take a ten second grab in a three hour telecast to mean anything at all.