Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 44819 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 15: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #30
Just in defence of Harry McKay folks

As sad as I was I remember having a few laughs with friends and family at my Mum's funeral.
Don't take a ten second grab in a three hour telecast to mean anything at all.

Can you imagine one of the reserves laughing about that result within the vision of Leigh Matthews, Malthouse, the Scott's, Pagan, Roos or Parkin?

I realise times have changed, but seriously, what was the joke, an uncomfortable laugh, a Barrett moment!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Can you imagine one of the reserves laughing about that result within the vision of Leigh Matthews, Malthouse, the Scott's, Pagan, Roos or Parkin?

I realise times have changed, but seriously, what was the joke, an uncomfortable laugh, a Barrett moment!

We have no idea..so we shouldn't judge.
It might have been totally un-football related.
That he was caught on camera is unfortunate...but we cant possibly judge him without knowing the context.
I've been pretty miserable this afternoon but still managed a couple of laughs at different times.

Reply #32
We have no idea..so we shouldn't judge.
It might have been totally un-football related.
That he was caught on camera is unfortunate...but we cant possibly judge him without knowing the context.
I've been pretty miserable this afternoon but still managed a couple of laughs at different times.

I know, but it wouldn't save him under those regimes.

It's not about guilt or innocence.

Even worse for us is when you realise Foxtel had a choice to make before they broadcast that, a Barry Hall moment!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Just in defence of Harry McKay folks

As sad as I was I remember having a few laughs with friends and family at my Mum's funeral.
Don't take a ten second grab in a three hour telecast to mean anything at all.

It's football though, it's supposed to be the be all and end all of life. Smiling isn't allowed....lol!!!!!.

Reply #34
It's football though, it's supposed to be the be all and end all of life. Smiling isn't allowed....lol!!!!!.

I remember the disdain on this forum when a certain star player was caught laughing while walking off the field after a loss! That was someone with credits on the board!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
That is exactly what happens in the NFL Cookie! Thats where Free Agency comes from, say no more.....

Mate I've been a loyal supporter since 1970, I understand your grief exactly, but this game of today is all about the coach's job security, it stopped being about us, the supporters, about 15 years ago. So you may as well "jump on board" the next big thing.

You could well be right H. I'm just a bit old fashioned I suppose - too late to change now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36
From the AFL website....

INJURIES
Brisbane: Nil
Carlton: Phillips (hamstring), Weitering (calf), Marchbank (heart)

WTF does that mean...Arrhythmia ?

Reply #37
That is exactly what happens in the NFL Cookie! Thats where Free Agency comes from, say no more.....

There is a bit of a difference though, the NFL isn't actively pushing expansion teams, and the NFL administration border on paranoid about making the draft and trade equitable. The AFL tends to be quite the opposite, it does seem to play favourites!

Teams in the NFL don't blink at suing each other!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
From the AFL website....

INJURIES

WTF does that mean...Arrythmia ?

They've been hacked! ;D

Only joking!

Look at the AFL websites own headlines, "Does Attrocious equal Lukosius?"

That's the AFL publishing that headline!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
Watching the match took me back to the thumping in Brisbane that ended the Pagan years. 

I just don't know what to think about the club anymore.  The 'hope' they have sold us members for the past 3 years is getting thinner every week. 

I get we are rock bottom.  We have a bunch of inexperienced draftees, some shop worn retreads and a sprinkling of veterans that are only OK at best.  Two genuine A graders are the only bright spots.  But to get belted by the 17th place team by 10 goals is finding rock bottom and digging further.

The biggest disappointment to me are the experienced players.  The likes of Murphy, Ed Curnow, Thomas, Wright, Kruezer and Rowe, however hard they may be trying seem incapable of organising their team mates, i.e. leading.  These are 10 year league level players.  We were cut up time and time again because we were utterly disorganised, allowing Beams, Zorko and Hodge open space.  We can blame the coaching all we like, but I cannot believe that it is a coaching issue.  It is a lack of discipline and leadership on the field that allows a team to play so poorly as a team. 

Just can't see myself bothering to attend any more games this year. 

Reply #40
From the AFL website....

INJURIES

WTF does that mean...Arrythmia ?

Lack of?

Reply #41
They've been hacked! ;D

Only joking!

I actually hope you're right.
The alternative is a bit concerning

Edit
Carlton FC

@CarltonFC

UPDATE: Caleb Marchbank came off the field in the second half with a raised heartbeat. He will undergo testing this evening at hospital but is expected to be OK. The Club will provide further updates when they come to light.#AFLLionsBlues #BoundByBlue

Reply #42
I actually hope you're right.
The alternative is a bit concerning

Arrhythmias are not uncommon is low body fat athletes.

I can't recall the cause, but it's something to do with a lack of energy reserves that can cause a particular deficit in a required chemical during heavy exercise. If that is the cause it's not something the health of fitness staff can do anything about in advance, but it can be managed once it's known about.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
Watching the match took me back to the thumping in Brisbane that ended the Pagan years. 

I just don't know what to think about the club anymore.  The 'hope' they have sold us members for the past 3 years is getting thinner every week. 

I get we are rock bottom.  We have a bunch of inexperienced draftees, some shop worn retreads and a sprinkling of veterans that are only OK at best.  Two genuine A graders are the only bright spots.  But to get belted by the 17th place team by 10 goals is finding rock bottom and digging further.

The biggest disappointment to me are the experienced players.  The likes of Murphy, Ed Curnow, Thomas, Wright, Kruezer and Rowe, however hard they may be trying seem incapable of organising their team mates, i.e. leading.  These are 10 year league level players.  We were cut up time and time again because we were utterly disorganised, allowing Beams, Zorko and Hodge open space.  We can blame the coaching all we like, but I cannot believe that it is a coaching issue.  It is a lack of discipline and leadership on the field that allows a team to play so poorly as a team. 

Just can't see myself bothering to attend any more games this year.

Unfortunately it could well be that old demon "a losing culture" setting in. If a team cannot produce a win occasionally the toll on the mental state of each player starts to wear them down. Just imagine getting nowhere whatever you may try to do?

Reply #44
Unfortunately it could well be that old demon "a losing culture" setting in. If a team cannot produce a win occasionally the toll on the mental state of each player starts to wear them down. Just imagine getting nowhere whatever you may try to do?

This is deliberate Cookie2, we've made deliberate changes that took us in this direction!
The Force Awakens!