Skip to main content
Topic: If Not BB, Who? (Read 59303 times) previous topic - next topic

If Not BB, Who?

Some of us are beginning to seriously doubt that BB is the man to take this group forward, to the next step, if you like.

Some of us are happy to trust BB with our future (those words made me shudder!). I guess this thread is to give voice to those who believe change is worth considering.

I'll put my two bobs worth forward. I have grave concerns that BB is not the man from here on. He seems to lack imagination and creativity with his coaching, no 'brand' if you will. And opposition coaches seem to out coach him week in, week out.

I believe BB was the right person to 'sweet talk' us through the rebuild but now we need someone with strong experience. When I hear BB is BBQing and driving home with players, and falling in love with the players I just shake my head... reactive stuff (heard about Buckley and Co and decided to emulate... )

But who? Well, for those of us believing change at the top of the coaching tree should be considered and discussed.. who springs to mind? I'd probably put Teague in the top job soon, see how he does, and consider who takes over from next year.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: If Not BB, Who?

Reply #1
Walls.   Toughen them up.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #2
Baggers if you're going to start this kind thread, at least put down who you believe is the right choice. Listing Teague as the caretaker is non-commital.

Reply #3
Personally I think we need to stick it out with Bolts. Richmond supporters wanted Hardwick’s head on a plate only 3 seasons ago, ditto Collingwood supporters and Buckley. Coaches learn from mistakes and Bolts will do the same. If we went with someone new, it would be a rookie coach, time has shown the recycled coaches don’t seem to measure up these days, so i’d rather stick with the rookie we have.

Reply #4
Personally I think we need to stick it out with Bolts. Richmond supporters wanted Hardwick’s head on a plate only 3 seasons ago, ditto Collingwood supporters and Buckley. Coaches learn from mistakes and Bolts will do the same. If we went with someone new, it would be a rookie coach, time has shown the recycled coaches don’t seem to measure up these days, so i’d rather stick with the rookie we have.

Yes, that's the conclusion I came to as well. If there was an instant fix then great, but that simply isn't reality.

Reply #5

Yes, great post as usual Miss Maven. I have no idea whether Bolts will work out or not, but it's crazy to change now, on what appears to be speculation and supposition and very little else.

Reply #6
Baggers if you're going to start this kind thread, at least put down who you believe is the right choice. Listing Teague as the caretaker is non-commital.

Longmire or Clarkson or Simpson or ... I'm not attached to who, simply someone with experience and some measure of success behind them. I suspect there are others who are aware of potential suitors.

Reply #7

Totally understand your point and have thought the same thing, but, the blokes you mentioned did have success in their early years, not earth shattering but enough to tell you that they could handle the job. They needed to make only minor changes to their styles to take the next step to premiership contention. We're a thousand miles from a step into finals contention.

I would love for BB to be the man, but sheesh, there's nothing to suggest or encourage optimism. I might be way off beam and the only person who believes we're deeper in sh1te than people believe but I can only express my heartfelt belief. Like all of us here, I love the place. The CFC is a part of my family, an important part... but sadly, I've not seen enough to suggest the bloke can Captain our ship, perfect for the first couple of years... yep.

Reply #8
Longmire or Clarkson or Simpson or ... I'm not attached to who, simply someone with experience and some measure of success behind them. I suspect there are others who are aware of potential suitors.

Knowing our influential supporters we will end up with Loss Ryon.

Reply #9
I'm not sure of the message,  but whatever message it is, it ain't getting through to the troops.  The blame lies with both parties.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #10
Don't think we'll be changing coaches yet - BB is safe until the end of the year imo. Beyond that - not sure, depends on how things pan out.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11

Come on Shano, this is page 1 of the John Elliott, Old Carlton playbook. Which has been tried and failed, not once (Pagan) but twice (Malthouse).

Reply #12
Knowing our influential supporters we will end up with Loss Ryon.

Well he'd want to show more re developing his young squad at Freo. But yes, there is connection between Ross and the Judge and SOS.

Reply #13
No obvious replacement for Bolton unless you want the Judge and SOS getting their mate Ross Lyon over from Freo.... :o

Reply #14
If we don't stick with Bolton it has to be an 'opposite'.
Someone who has tasted success as a coach  at a pretty high level....at least finals.

Look, This thread has been coming...I'm surprised it's taken this long.
But before we sink this experiment, and it will be a dramatic and traumatic sinking, I'd like to see us get a win and see what happens from there.

Folks are right
We're in a rut, where winning has become this foreign thing, and it's feeding on itself.
If we were to pull off a win and then follow it up it may be just the tonic we need to kick start this rebuild.
The fear is that it will only take a really bad loss or two and the move towards change will be irreversible.