Skip to main content
Topic: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy (Read 29153 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Journey - Tues 15/3 830pm Fox Footy

Reply #30
Weiters stroking the CFC on his guernsey after being drafted was a magic moment.

Yes, I was intrigued as he seemed to be in a state of complete absorption. As my nan would have said - penny for your thoughts son.
The SOS family scene was special too. Young Jack's anxiety was palpable, as was his tears of joy - which I don't mind saying, I shared with him.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #31
Ultra impressive.....

Quote of the show for me, wrapping up the draftee camp, Bolton was asked by one of the draftees "What did you learn from this trip?".  He replied "I learned one thing, one thing more than anything - our future is strong at our footy club'

I feel like going down to training and doing a few laps for Bolts myself!!!

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #32
Going to watch this tonight but aren't we going a little early with the fluff pieces?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #33
Another thing as clear as day in the doco is that Weiters is going to be the best backman our Club has seen since SOS. I know its a big statement,

Not really a big statement, our best backman since SOS is Jamison or Thornton lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #34
Really enjoyed it...is there a Part 2 or is this part of a series?
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #35
Really enjoyed it...is there a Part 2 or is this part of a series?

Just a one off for now I imagine however if there is positive feedback by way of ppl buying memberships I am sure the club would go again next year or possibly mid year?

Reply #36
Weiters stroking the CFC on his guernsey after being drafted was a magic moment.
That and Jacks emotion of being selected by the Club he adores were two highlights for me.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37
I think Bolton is impressive and his teaching background is an advantage when dealing with 18 year olds.  But we have to remember that no single approach suits all.  The problem with boys is that they tend to be very hard to read, especially as it's easier to extract teeth from them than verbal responses.  What might look to us as gazes of rapt attention may be something quite different.  Weitering, though, did come across as a guy who is exceptionally mature, a natural leader and the sort who is keen to absorb any advice given to him. 

Good luck with telling them to help Mum and Dad at home and not spend all of their time on the couch playing computer games.  If it works, I should get him to come around and talk to my son.

Reply #40
Going to watch this tonight but aren't we going a little early with the fluff pieces?

Its possibly the only time we will be able to do them without wearing too much criticism and its going to be important that this side of the club is shown because I don't believe the work we are doing now will immediately yield positive results and its more about selling and obtaining supporter buy in to "the Journey".

If you think about it, when we are roughly 4-16 (havent looked at the fixture, but its a likely scenario) if they were to release this, it would be harder for people to swallow and this is a snippet into a lot of work being done.

After watching it, you'll notice that its pretty much a compilation of a lot of different videos that the club has made thus far.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #41

You'll change your tune  :)

I think that it is part of a refreshing change to keep supporters informed and engaged.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #42
ITs part o the process of getting all our fans to understand exactly where the Club is at, and what we re trying to do to change it.
As was also said on Fox Footys Round Table discussion when they were talking about Carlton, its going to be very important that we remain united even during the inevitable tough times ahead when we cop floggings, or lose multiple games in a row. I remember Hawthorn copping some awful thumping's in Clarko's first year, but it was all part of the process, and look at them now.

Reply #43
Bolton using the jump in the water incident as a metaphor for one in all in was gold.  For a club that has done so little right it appears that the correct people are now running the ship.  Quality work from the club, albeit long overdue.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #44
Bolton using the jump in the water incident as a metaphor for one in all in was gold.  For a club that has done so little right it appears that the correct people are now running the ship.  Quality work from the club, albeit long overdue.
I also liked Craig's work with KJ, "train the mind".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time