Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel (Read 24268 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Prattle: AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda at Marvel

Reply #75
Is anyone else going to tomorrow Morning’s open Training session at Ikon Park? I got the green light from the Club to bring my young ones along and they cannot wait. We’ll make a day of it. V/line train, breakfast in the city and then catch the tram down. Sadly the Kids are losing interest in the Blues, so a trip to Ikon Park to get to hold the Premiership Cup, get a free sausage and watching the boys practice and maybe get a few pics with them should help somewhat.

Please don’t let my Kids down Blue boys and get them the Win they need to keep the faith. The Win we all need.

I have to say that this Forum is getting a bit too much like BigFooty, which is not where we want to end up. It’s been mentioned by others already.A Win should help steady the ship and help settle everyone’s emotions.

I think that posters are generally showing remarkable patience and restraint under the circumstances.  However, we do desperately need a win to provide reward for effort ... and I’m not talking about the players  :)

I hope you and your young ones have a great morning at training.  Look after your hammies  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #76
I reckon we'll respond, play a game similar to the one against the Dogs then turn around and an smack Essendon the week after because, well, it's something we enjoy doing. So i'm thinking we'll be 6 wins from 43...lol.

After that I bet we crash again and not recover in a hurry.

I'm hoping the player response to a bad, pathetic loss will last more than a week. We keep showing our capabilities but it rarely does more than pop it's head out occasionally. To me, the Dogs game, once the performance happened, was the absolute gold standard as we showed what we are really capable of when we put in. Hence why this year has been so disappointing.

Reply #77
I have absolutely no idea about the reliability of the information they post, but the Supercoach game program had him "Test-Hamstring" earlier in the day.
No mention of it in the injuries list on the club website.

2 wins coming up next two weeks. One week for the response, one week because it's Essendon.

Reply #78
Bolton just said Kennedy is playing Sunday.

Reply #79
I have absolutely no idea about the reliability of the information they post, but the Supercoach game program had him "Test-Hamstring" earlier in the day.
No mention of it in the injuries list on the club website.

I didn't sight him in the second half last week although there were plenty who went missing.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80

Bloody fantastic. A because we need a big body in there who has proven can play and b, because with a rumour that Bolts is stubborn, it means change in personnel is possible.
Keep the Faith

Reply #81

Good. I've been waiting to see him in action.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #82
I have only just seen the team selections for this weekend and to be brutally honest, I'm starting to get very worried about the thought processes within the Match Committee.

We get thumped by 93-points in an insipid & woeful manner yet there are only two changes to the team ??

Furthermore, Charlie Curnow has been coasting all year whilst Pat Kerr, who I don't think will make the grade, kicks six in the seconds last week but cannot crack it for a senior game. What happened to rewarding performance and punishing non efforts ??

If your place in the team isn't under pressure following the mother of all shellackings then will it ever be ??

Our midfield was non-existent last week with a bevy of passengers whilst Lang, who is AFL ready body-wise had 28 touches yet isn't selected.

Our young players were outbodied & bullied by the bigger GWS guys but Kennedy still plays in the seconds.

FMD, what the hell is going on here ??

We are our own worst enemies !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #83
Just checked the club website and the team selections have been altered :

In: Simpson, Cuningham, Fasolo, Kennedy, Kerr, Plowman
Out: Murphy (ribs), O'Brien

Thank god some sense has prevailed but with only two players named as out I'm still sceptical about what may happen. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #84
Just checked the club website and the team selections have been altered :

In: Simpson, Cuningham, Fasolo, Kennedy, Kerr, Plowman
Out: Murphy (ribs), O'Brien

Thank god some sense has prevailed but with only two players named as out I'm still sceptical about what may happen.

I think with those selections and what we’ve heard to date, that the Team will throw the kitchen sink at the Saints come Sunday. There’s personal pride at stake. The real questions are, will we Win and how will the players sustain that effort over the coming weeks, no matter the outcomes of each game. It’ll either make or break a few people at the Club.
Keep the Faith

Reply #85
So we will see whether the MC have been right or wrong with his non selection thus far. If he is another passenger, he can stay in the NBs as far as I'm concerned. He is 22 and been in the AFL system long enough, time to deliver (and not with Polson or LOB type stats)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #87
It'll be very interesting to see our midfield tactics now, in my opinion with a more experienced starting midfield this is a line in the sand game for midfield coach Barker!

btw., I don't think the Aints are as bad as people make out, and Marvel suits them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #88
There is a definite 'need for speed' so, if fit, Cuningham is a cert, Kennedy is a lock, Stoker deserves another go and Plowman as the rotating backman.  Emergencies Fasolo, Kerr and Setterfield   Macreadie in the twos.

Pure speculation.

Reply #89
There is a definite 'need for speed' so, if fit, Cuningham is a cert, Kennedy is a lock, Stoker deserves another go and Plowman as the rotating backman.  Emergencies Fasolo, Kerr and Setterfield   Macreadie in the twos.

Pure speculation.

I think we should pick Kerr.
Casboult should have a spell, until his physicality is at AFL level