Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2017 Round #2: Carlton vs Williamstown (Read 25720 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2017 Round #2: Carlton vs Williamstown

Reply #75
no Sumner? or Lamb?
Sumner sustained a knee hammy injury last week and will miss a few, Lamb has had a knee for a few weeks now and is still out.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
no Sumner? or Lamb?
Indeed. Nor is there Gussy Sheahan, who had an ice pack on his quad at the end of last week's game.
Gorringe is the suspect one, his return is as yet undetermined.
Korchek missed this week, but is a good chance to be back next weekend.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #77
This win reinforces that the club is on the right track because the NB's were a bloody rabble under Webster.  We seem to have improved our recruiting, and an improved set up at the NB's may address the development issues... all recent successful sides have also been very strong at VFL level.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #78
This win reinforces that the club is on the right track because the NB's were a bloody rabble under Webster.  We seem to have improved our recruiting, and an improved set up at the NB's may address the development issues... all recent successful sides have also been very strong at VFL level.

Not full of old blokes like Kerridge, Graham, Palmer, Jones and Jaksch though. Those other sides had success with VFL teams that were full of talented kids who got sorted out at VFL level then promoted to the AFL.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
Something interesting from Coopps on BigFooty.

"I was standing next to our bench, directly behind the guy keeping track of the GPS data on a laptop. I could read all the stats, and can tell you that at 3/4 time Harry was 2nd for total amount of ground covered. He was up over 10km, with guys like Buckley and Boekhorst just below 8. I was watching him closely, and he doesn't stop moving. Don't worry about the tank!"

I agree completely. His tank and work rate seem like things to not be worried about. Very good work rate IMO. KJ and others could take note of that. I like that Jones' work rate is big, huge actually, and young Pat Kerr seems to have a healthy appetite for hard work and work rate also.

Reply #80
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #81
Good to see Liam Jones recognised, and I agree about Silvagni being 2nd.

I probably would have had Graham and Cunningham ahead of Kerridge, but it's close enough not to argue about. Boekhorst might have deserved a vote as well.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #82
Good to see Liam Jones recognised, and I agree about Silvagni being 2nd.

I probably would have had Graham and Cunningham ahead of Kerridge, but it's close enough not to argue about. Boekhorst might have deserved a vote as well.

Totally agree. You can't fault Liam's attitude. I thought Smedts deserved a mention, did some very good work and was hard at it when things were tough.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #83
Totally agree. You can't fault Liam's attitude. I thought Smedts deserved a mention, did some very good work and was hard at it when things were tough.

Smedts was one our best IMO, only stuffed up once and that left foot pass under pressure to the goal square was a ripper.....preferred his game to Kerridge, and Boekhorst shouldnt play senior footy again...
Liked Cuningham's game...tackled well and look more interested in winning the footy at the coalface....big improvement from last time I watched him and I reckon that kid is learning
and getting the message that to playat senior level you need to win your own footy,  plus chase and tackle your man,...one way footballers wont be playing senior footy under Bolton...
Dylan Buckley might make a good rookie next season....trying hard but his decision making isnt great and for a small defender which seems to be his last chance to make it you need players who dont panic in traffic and that aint Dylan.

Reply #84
I agree completely. His tank and work rate seem like things to not be worried about. Very good work rate IMO. KJ and others could take note of that. I like that Jones' work rate is big, huge actually, and young Pat Kerr seems to have a healthy appetite for hard work and work rate also.

i just hope that some of these guys - Jones, Smedts, Palmer, Graham, Boekhurst and Kerridge - get promoted to the 1s if their consistent form warrants it and they are not overlooked merely because of the 'youth' policy.

Seems to me that Jones and Smedts, in particular, should play this week. Cuningham too, for Fisher or Polson.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85
Jones did impress and deserves senior consideration but who would make way for him?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #86
Jones did impress and deserves senior consideration but who would make way for him?

perhaps Weitering if he's 'sore' or beaten up or whatever?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #87
perhaps Weitering if he's 'sore' or beaten up or whatever?

I guess that's one of the few options. Of course Kreuz may not pull up?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #88
If they are going to bring Jones in they need to do it off the back of a good performance.

To me Jones is like Casboult, a headspace player, if he has just one good game at AFL level he could go one to become anything.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89
We talking about Tom Jones?