Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS (Read 35049 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #60
Great win. So proud and optimistic  about our club.
Levi's miss in the last was a bad, but not unexpected one but the miss by the umpire of the obvious 50m penalty to Matty Wright after he takes the mark preceding was way way worse.  Disgraceful non-decision.
Don't get me started on the last deliberate at the death. Trying desperately to drag the GWS across the line the umpires were.
Football wise Doc, Kreuz, LJ, Simmo our best.
Go Bluess@

Reply #61
Want to give a shout out to Bolton and his coaching staff. Out coached Cameron by a long way, the reason ... the end score 71 - 70 game was played at our pace and on our terms. Matching up our backs in the last quarter just clogged up a forward line that relied on getting space over the back for the past two seasons well done BB.

Also David Cunningham was superb all game, hunted the ball, put on blocks for fellow mids, tackled with intent and hit the score again. Don't drop him, he just needs to get used to the pace of the game so his quick hands don't get knocked down by opposition fingertips.

Fisher again was in everything, not the strength and hardness of body to effect a contest every time, but has a strength of mind that wills him on.

We basically player one down all game long against a team of brats and played hard and tough. Where was Phil Davis getting mouthy? Shaw had a bit to say to our cheer squad then kicked the ball out of bounds. Green was ready for a brain fart but managed to pull himself back a couple of times. I was a bit disappointed in our backline not flying the flag for Marchbank in particular, I'm sure if Alex Silvagni played the whole game he would of.

Today really showed our need for a second inside bull at the contest, could this be Hopper?

This win is worth 10 games of experience to our young guys

Reply #62
The Daisy haters best watch that last stoppage just prior to the Weitering kick off the ground.

Daisy in the right place, three critical touches in as many seconds. Basically won us the game.
Today we saw some of the smarts from Daisy. He took some risks and did what GWS didn't expect him to do. Those bursts into the centre square were inspired. That things didn't quit work out the way they were supposed to tells us a lot more about the state of our redevelopment than anything else. Team mates don't usually bump into you as you run up the field and get a clearance (almost).

Daisy did some very good things today. He was worth his spot. However, I am no longer convinced he wants to go on as badly as it appears he did pre-season. I think he has already given up on next year and wants to make his last games as good as he can make them.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #63
Here's my pregame drivel

Fair chance for sure. I've tipped Giants, so we're in with a chance according to my 2017 tipping stats :P

See, I've got absolutely no idea. Never been happier to lose a tip ;D
So I've got nothing to lose right.... I predict we play finals this year. But as im pretty sure that's impossible, I'll predict we'll play finals next year. There, now you have my post game drivel fwiw ^-^
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #64

Whoever it was who came up with the idea of playing Jones as a defender could have resurrected his career ... and good luck to him.

You're very welcome - it was a long time coming but a pleasure to watch.

Reply #65
Said the same thing as soon as the siren blew. Thanks kid.

I took my 4 month old to his first game today. 100% win record.
My 2.5 year old also saw his first win....but he's seen a few losses already.

Our family went today. 5yo is now 2 from two and the 15mnth is one from one.  Hard to watch the whole game when you're taking a  toddler up and down the stairs, but what a great win.

Why wasn't the Giant player pinged for a deliberate rushed behind when he kicked a point for us in the third qtr?

Comedy of the day - Daisy and Gibbs running into each other.

Defensive effort was sensational with many great individual and team moments.

Hopefully ACOS is ok, but if he does miss, he has instilled a lot of confidence into the back third.

Great roar at the final siren.

Reply #66
Mumford and Johnston cost GWS that game, stupid mistakes from seasoned players at critical moments!

Wrong LP.

22 blokes in navy blue cost GWS that game !!  ;)
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #67

Thanks RR.
You may have saved LJs footy career.  ;)
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #68

Yes, you do deserve recognition RR ... and I have to admit that I didn't think he had a chance of making it as a defender.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #69
Has Cunningham stamped Boeky's papers for him???

Reply #70
Wrong LP.

22 blokes in navy blue cost GWS that game !!  ;)

Especially our defensive efforts. We had them under pressure and frustrated them for most of the game. Their prima donnas were truly exposed.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #71
Has Cunningham stamped Boeky's papers for him???
He has certainly stamped his own long term working visa. 

If Boekhurst could show as much, there'd be room for both.  But when you remember that he arrived as a 21 year old and is now 23, there can't be that much unrealised potential remaining.  It's not as if he's a 206cm guy who's still growing into his body.

Still, whatever happens he may just be the first and only Blaine to play at AFL level.

Reply #72
What fun! Been taking the 6 year old to a couple of games this year and this was his first win. Even better was waking up mum and dad this morning shouting the club song! A fourth generation carlton supporter is secured.

One of the best wins for a decade. Kruezer best on ground with great performances from many. Really impressed to see the team making adjustments during games and showing how organised they are becoming. It shows the coaches are working well and senior players are leading. Its why gibbs and thomas are so important.

Great afternoon at the footy. Go blues!

Reply #73
Thought Cunningham was so clean when others fumbled. He is a star in the making and a real gem. See the below that wrote 2 seasons ago. Maybe someone from the club read this and passed it on to BB.
I feel a tad responsible  ;)

Robert Heatley Stand / Re: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood
« on: April 26, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but Jones is quick and moves really well and has a clue about football. This though hasn't translated into any decent games for us.
I think he would do really well as a defender. Definitely tall with decent mitts. He won't last as a forward so drop down back and I think it will be the making of him.
Just saying
ReplyQuoteNotify

Reply #74
We had a much-maligned forward back in the sixties who was the whipping boy of the day.  When he was switched to the backline he won a Brownlow - GORDON COLLIS.
He had similar attributes to Jones.   Moving a non-productive forward to the backline was a far more common move back then.
 ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)