Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 76908 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #15
Jack aside, their goal scoring ability is as bad as ours:

Rank   Name   Games   Total
1   Jack Riewoldt   23   54
2   Tyrone Vickery   15   31
3   Brett Deledio   18   27
4   Dustin Martin   23   24
5   Shaun Grigg   23   16
6   Sam Lloyd           12   13
6   Shane Edwards   16   13
8   Trent Cotchin   22   12
8   Benjamin Griffiths   13   12
8   Chris Newman   17   12
11   Ivan Maric           22   11
12   Kane Lambert   13   8
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #16
I've heard a whisper that despite being named for tonight Vickery is likely to be out for weeks or months.

There are allegedly very real concerns about his fragility and the long term effects from his recent "event." According to my source they have been warned that they could be exposed to "significantly liability" if they play him again too soon and he has another "incident!"

He has been referred to by some sources as potentially the next Koschitske!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
LP with all due respect, you seem to hear a lot of whispers.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #18
I have no idea what our team is going to like which is a good thing because neither will Richmond.
That is a real positive for us. I hope we can make good advantage of it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
I've heard a whisper that despite being named for tonight Vickery is likely to be out for weeks or months.

There are allegedly very real concerns about his fragility and the long term effects from his recent "event." According to my source they have been warned that they could be exposed to "significantly liability" if they play him again too soon and he has another "incident!"

He has been referred to by some sources as potentially the next Koschitske!
I hope they play him. If he is underdone, that is good for us.
I hope he is not too bad; I may not like some teams and some players, but I don't wish them to have brain damage. (Sorry, Essendon, it is too late for you. :) )
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #20
I hope they play him. If he is underdone, that is good for us.
I hope he is not too bad; I may not like some teams and some players, but I don't wish them to have brain damage. (Sorry, Essendon, it is too late for you. :) )

I must admit the sight of Vickery collapsing the way he did was quite disturbing, even though he has been responsible for a few dog acts in his time. I just hope that he will be thoroughly tested and cleared before he is risked again.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #21
I hope they play Yarran as well. The more suspect players on the field, the better.
We've seen over the years what keeps him quiet: we had better be good at it.

To be serious, I really want to beat them when they are at their best, not their worst. We have been pilloried for some time now about our list, especially with the relative non-performance from highly ranked, highly paid players. To see us come to play would be very good in silencing some of these dimwits, at least in the short term. Especially these Richmond people who seem to really believe they are premiership material.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #22
I hope they play Yarran as well. The more suspect players on the field, the better.

To be serious, I really want to beat them when they are at their best, not their worst. We have been pilloried for some time now about our list, especially with the relative non-performance from highly ranked, highly paid players. To see us come to play would be very good in silencing some of these dimwits, at least in the short term. Especially these Richmond people who seem to really believe they are premiership material.

If he plays who gets Yarran, someone with some real niggle who will make him work both ways? Buckley, Armfield or Docherty would be my choices.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23

An 8 point, come from behind, win would hit the spot!

Richmond list very overrated imo.

After Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt, Rance lot of so so stuff. imo.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #24
As well as defending against Yarran's pace in attack we need someone who can attack with pace and aggression. We know Yarran hates running back to defend so that's our opportunity. Buckley or Armfield (if he plays) may be good choices.

Yarran no certainty yet to play though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #25
Somebody who can mark as Yarran's idea of spoiling is standing there and watching the mark get taken
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #26
LP with all due respect, you seem to hear a lot of whispers.

Yes, don't we all? :D

But not really, I spent nearly a decade working for a media company so I have "a few" contacts. I hear a lot more rumors that are not worth repeating, but the Vickery one seems to have some relative merit.

Spending time listening is usually the trick to hearing stuff! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
An 8 point, come from behind, win would hit the spot!

Richmond list very overrated imo.

After Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt, Rance lot of so so stuff. imo.

Hmmmm, their best players play in the most important positions on the ground. That's why they are so strong.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #29
Other than sideshow bob at CHF. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?