Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 75294 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #30
Looks like Edwards has copped a serious injury in tonight's game?

And Grigg off with injury too.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #31
From the stats Hampson appears to be doing well in the ruck.
I hate to say it, but he was one of the main reasons why they beat us last time. He dominated the ruck against Kreuzer and did some useful stuff around the ground.
That we do NOT want in 2 weeks.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #32
A few injuries for the Tiggers tonight, Grigg (hand), Edwards (Broken Collarbone) and a few others, they ended up with only 15 on the ground.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33
Conca went down injured too.

I feel for the boys getting hurt as no one wants that, but I can't help but think that the wheels have already fallen off at tigerland this season.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #34
Dustin Martin may be a little pre-occupied:

The father of Richmond star Dustin Martin reportedly faces deportation over his alleged links to outlaw motorcycle gang, the Rebels.

Shane Martin was in Sydney when he was locked up on Thursday morning, according to News Ltd reports.

It has been reported that his residency visa was cancelled because officials decided he did not meet minimum character requirements.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-news-tiger-dustin-martins-father-faces-deportation-20160310-gng0mj.html#ixzz42V7qVsMd

I didn't watch the game but what was Dimma thinking to play out the game with only 15 blokes on the field?  I'm expecting a highly critical article from Caro tomorrow; clearly the Tiges aren't concerned about their supporters or the welfare of the blokes who played out the game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #35
They're allowed to pick 18 from 26 players for the NAB cUP right?

Hardwick appears to have pulled a sooky sooky la la!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #36
more chance now that an under done Yazz will front us Thursday week?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #37
They're allowed to pick 18 from 26 players for the NAB cUP right?

Hardwick appears to have pulled a sooky sooky la la!

Did the media cut Brett Ratten any slack over injuries?

Hardwick might be lucky if he's already signed that contract, because 2016 might be fubar for them! :D

If we win next Thursday Eddie Everywhere will get his wish to build a new ground, because the ferals will tear down the stadium! :o

PS: If we win stay well away from the 9thmond players race, unless you want a gob shower!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
Not only did Hardwick pull his better players from the field so they wouldn't get injured, Richmond officials tried to get the game stopped before time  :o

That's a considered approach to injury prevention!  Perhaps Dimma needs to rub his rabbit's foot just a tad harder  :P
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
Grigg out for 6 weeks
Conca out for 8 weeks
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
Observations so far from the NAB cup games is that our forward line creates no pressure and the opposing teams take too many easy marks and run the ball out too easy.
We dont have the big name forwards so we need to create pressure and force errors....I can see Rance having a picnic and being BOG given how many times we kick the ball wildly down forward.....I reckon Rance needs a stopper just to nullify the Tigers rebound and to create some ball on the ground for our clever smalls ...if Rance plays on the Boult, Gorringe, Philips etc he will carve us up with his rebound...

Reply #42
Observations so far from the NAB cup games is that our forward line creates no pressure and the opposing teams take too many easy marks and run the ball out too easy.
We dont have the big name forwards so we need to create pressure and force errors....I can see Rance having a picnic and being BOG given how many times we kick the ball wildly down forward.....I reckon Rance needs a stopper just to nullify the Tigers rebound and to create some ball on the ground for our clever smalls ...if Rance plays on the Boult, Gorringe, Philips etc he will carve us up with his rebound...

Smile EB1 - we'll beat the Tigers by a few goals....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #43
Will be a great midfield battle.
Grigg and Conca gone.
If I were a Blues player, Id be aiming straight for Edwards' injured shoulder. He's only 1 big hit away from see ya later.

Reply #44
Will be a great midfield battle.
Grigg and Conca gone.
If I were a Blues player, Id be aiming straight for Edwards' injured shoulder. He's only 1 big hit away from see ya later.

we'll smash them in the guts.....whether we win depends on whether we kick straight imo.
Finals, then 4 in a row!