Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78076 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #45
I used to do a  blind tipping comp, where the season was tipped before round 1.  Always got a better result than a traditional tipping comp.  Head over heart and could set ground rules and follow them.

I see this game as a head and heart matter.   Love to win it, but surely the expectation of doing so is very low.  We have to have improved on last season and Richmond got worse.  This may have happened, but not by enough.

I don't see how we can kick enough goals or defend or goals well enough, unfortunately.  

Reply #46
I reckon we'll beat Richmond simply because we are not supposed to.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #47
What do we think of bringing  Rowe to CHF , he is not setting the world on fire at CHB , that way we don't have Levi as the key forward allows him to be the forward / ruck role that is much more suited to him instead of the key forward where he is just lost? Rowe has played there before , and can kick a goal. Even though it's NAB cup Weiterling has show he has the application to play CHB even swing Philips or White through there as well. It would restructure a forward line a little which has no direction at all at the moment?

Reply #48
What do we think of bring Rowe to CHF , he is not setting the world on fire at CHB , that way we don't have Levi as the key forward allows him to be the forward / ruck role that is much more suited to him instead of the key forward where he is just lost? Rowe has played there before , and can kick a goal. Even though it's NAB cup Weiterling has show he has the application to play CHB even swing Philips or White through there as well. It would restructure a forward line a little which has no direction at all at the moment?
It's not bad, but Rowe is the same as our other tall forwards at the moment.  Not that fast or agile,  can't apply pressure once the ball hits the deck.

The others are the same.

We have to hope Liam Jones comes good because he is the only one with the right physical attributes to be a modern key forward we have.

Everett and walker are the other talls we should run with and the rest should be resting ruckmen.

We have too many ruck sized players and it hurts us.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #49
Well with Rowe at CHF this gives all those that want to try Jones at CHB the opportunity, at least Rowe has kicked goals before there, not the long term answer but we are playing this year by year. The main thing was also to release Levi from that key posy , he is much more damaging in a roaming role, at the moment he is playing like a man with to much pressure on him and is playing like he is constrained in a role, not using natural aggression and thinking to much

Reply #50
Foster can't be any worse than Jones et al, I'd play him from the square, a role he did with aplomb as a junior.... The others are "manufactured" forwards.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #51
It's another idea Prof E , How has Foster been , haven't sighted him at all?

Reply #53
When is the VFL practice game?

Foster / Jaksch good performance would be handy.

Reply #54
Tiges will be under the pump to win and win well. A loss would be unthinkable. Given where the 2 teams are at, they should do it fairly easily iMO.

Reply #55
Tiges will be under the pump to win and win well. A loss would be unthinkable. Given where the 2 teams are at, they should do it fairly easily iMO.

Agree. We seem to be going well enough to get to within "honourable loss" territory.  A win seems highly unlikely.

Cripps could have 50 possessions and kick 8 himself though.

Reply #56

Yet out midfield will thrash theirs, especially if they've got a few injured.....

Blues by 22.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #57
Yet out midfield will thrash theirs, especially if they've got a few injured.....

Blues by 22.

if the Tiges lose, the jungle drums will start beating, Dimmer will be half way out the door, and the team's finals credentials will be dealt a hefty blow. They would also be aware that we've owned them a fair bit recently........

There's too much riding on this for them to lose.

I'm all for supporting my team, but...........

Reply #58
After watching last night's game and taking Richmond's injuries into account, I reckon we could go close to an upset.

Our defence is more than capable of limiting Richmond's forwards.  Our midfield should be significantly stronger than Richmond's.  The only problem is that we don't have the forwards to kick a winning score  :(

Hopefully someone in the NBs will put their hand up.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #59
how can our fwds kick a score where.1 we just bomb it long to front of square 2 no one leads towards the person kicking the footy. 3 why is our fwd line always croweded wheres the space?