Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78420 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #150
oh i think a big mistake to play Clem anywhere other than forward personally (at this stage of his development).

We played him forward in rd 1 last year and Houli ran off him, exposing him at every opportunity.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #151
We played him forward in rd 1 last year and Houli ran off him, exposing him at every opportunity.

In fairness to Clem he looks substantially fitter this year, but he'd need to be.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #152
Interesting fan engagement, Braithwaite singing 'Horses' with a few live ones running around, then repeating the song at 1/4 time and 3/4 time. It's not Cox Plate Day!!

Reply #153
B Tuohy Jamo Weitering

HB Docherty Rowe Simpson

C Boeky  Gibbs  E Curnow

HF Graham Jaksch Wright

F Kerridge Casboult Walker

R Kruezer Murphy Cripps

INT from Buckley White Everitt Lamb
           Whiley Cunningham C Curnow, Is Army still inj? 

Couldnt fit Byrne, Sheehan or Tutt in. Clem Smith probs needs more time in the magoos, i could be wrong.

Daisy, Plowman, Army and maybe Sumner i expect to come in when ready but this is as good as it gets for our first hit out me thinks.
I dont think Cas is the solution to kicking us a winning score as a stay at home forward so his time is better spent playing second fiddle to Kreuze. Rowe and Jamo should swing forward too to maybe jag an odd goal here or there.

Forward line looks ok with 1AW, Kerridge and Wright in there, Nicky G loves a goal too. If Jaksch could get his head right and believe in himself he might surprise us this year, maybe. Really hope so.

Backs look alright too but i reckon Rowe is a weak link. Weitering floating in and taking 10 intercept marks a game might help. 2E, Simmo and Docherty pick themselves.

If Murph plays our mids group are looking reasonably strong, particularly if Kerridge and Boeky continue on their nab form and Gibbs gets out of second gear. Cripps gives me goosebumps, glad hes signed til the end of 2019? Hope the Tractor finally repays the faith this year, we need him to. Curnow to Crotchin, Everitt On Lids, Gibbs head to head with Chopsticks, and 2E taking them when they go forward.

Not rocket science i know but we really need a few blokes to kick 30 plus this year, i'm looking at Cas and Walker for 30+. Wright for 20+. And our mids namely Murph, Gibbs, Cripps, Kerridge, Boeky, Nicky G and of course Kreuze to contribute 10 or so each. Not asking too much am i? >:D Be Nice if Everitt and Jaksch got amongst a few as well, dont want Dre being our leading goalie this year as well, if he is i reckon we'll have the number 1 pick 2 years running.

Hope we show some fight and really show em what the new Carlton is about. I want 4 quarter performances as i'm sure you all do as well. Bolts would be on the same page i'm tipping.

Not expecting to win many this year but i hope we don't give up.

I want every team we play against to go $h1t these pr1ck$ are tough as nails now.

No more soft, complacent, bull$h1t Carlton.

No easy wins against us anymore.

2016 here we come  8)

Reply #154
Our chances of winning this (and most other) game hinges on our mids getting plenty of first use of the footy and using it well inside 50.

Boeshurst, Kerridge, Wright, Graham all add upside on what we could do in this area on 2015.

With Cripps, Murphy (with less heat on him as others are targeted) we're half a chance.

If Levi, Everitt, KJ (will  the latter bplay - what are his real issues? Couldn't be a worse option than Jones in any circumstance?) can clunk a few early and kick straight....build  their confidence, their team mates and could set us up for an unlikely win.

Don't rate the Tiges other than a handful of players - shut those key players down and you're very likely.

Not having Grigg, Conca and maybe Edwards big outs for them.

Weitering must take Jack imo - simply don't think Jamo has it enough anymore ie skill, speed, ball/player awareness, aerially) to compete with a Jack R. in half decent or better form.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #155
Our chances of winning this (and most other) game hinges on our mids getting plenty of first use of the footy and using it well inside 50.

Boeshurst, Kerridge, Wright, Graham all add upside on what we could do in this area on 2015.

With Cripps, Murphy (with less heat on him as others are targeted) we're half a chance.

If Levi, Everitt, KJ (will  the latter bplay - what are his real issues? Couldn't be a worse option than Jones in any circumstance?) can clunk a few early and kick straight....build  their confidence, their team mates and could set us up for an unlikely win.

Don't rate the Tiges other than a handful of players - shut those key players down and you're very likely.

Not having Grigg, Conca and maybe Edwards big outs for them.

Weitering must take Jack imo - simply don't think Jamo has it enough anymore ie skill, speed, ball/player awareness, aerially) to compete with a Jack R. in half decent or better form.

I dont think Casboult will get much ball playing on Rance so we need to find other avenues to kick goals, I'd be playing Gibbs forward like the Tigers do with Deledio and have him leading out.

Agree on the mids, if we dont dominate in the middle then they will win as their forward line is more potent, we need to keep it away from Reiwoldt and crew...if its 50/50 out of the middle then we will lose IMO..
Big game needed from Kruezer...

Reply #156
All good points EB.

Reply #157

Really, while Jack might be a dill, he can play the game. You play a proven performer on Jack in Jammo, JW can then be a bit free to intercept mark, get used to the pace of the game before being asked to do that plus mind a potential Coleman medalist. In a couple of seasons then sure JW gets the best forward, but let's not smash the kid first game.

I'd say Murphy plays 70% of the game up forward as a crumber to Levi, give the Richmond small defenders something to really worry about. It gets Murph into match touch and gives us a very dangerous option around goal.

Reply #158
I know we are short on forwards bit the sooner we stop trying to manufacture players into key position players the better, Levi gets lost when out of the game to long , needs to when the action is to get the best out of him. Hope they don't play him in a full time forward role will stifle him. Leave him in a pocket , ruck with Kruz , not sure KJ who hasn't even played a game this year will be the answer first up. Still in favour Rowe up front , to stretch the defence .

Reply #159
Byrne is the nominated rookie. I reckon he'll be in the side.

Weitering, Kerridge and Wright in too, and maybe Phillips as 2nd Ruckman.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #160
Byrne is the nominated rookie. I reckon he'll be in the side.

Weitering, Kerridge and Wright in too, and maybe Phillips as 2nd Ruckman.
Im all for plenty of change, try as many of the newbies as soon as possible. We are a team in a hurry!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #161
Liking Byrne as well hope he can get a run very soon, I am sure there will be a serious turnover in the first 2 months. As well as a serious clean out at the end of the year as well, that will be interesting, many are playing for there pay packet in the early rounds, and no performance there papers might be stamped

Reply #162
I dont think Casboult will get much ball playing on Rance so we need to find other avenues to kick goals, I'd be playing Gibbs forward like the Tigers do with Deledio and have him leading out.

Agree on the mids, if we dont dominate in the middle then they will win as their forward line is more potent, we need to keep it away from Reiwoldt and crew...if its 50/50 out of the middle then we will lose IMO..
Big game needed from Kruezer...

That said if we could get the ball to Levi one on one with Rance, Levi will simply monster him - and is better in the air in any event. 6cm taller, probably 10-12cm in reach and arguably 10kg heavier. i'd back Levi in 8 times out of 10.

The problem has been that by the time the ball gets down there Levi is one on two or three - maybe Fev could occasionally beat that but Levi is a young fish yet to fully blossom.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #163
Trick to this whole game will be to lower our eyes and hit the likes of Everitt, Walker and whoever else plays forward as the bomb will be what Richmond expect and feed right into their hands.

They are not a great side across the park and rely on playing their way to win and denying them that it will get them nervous in rd 1 again and we have a shot as we should a lot of ball from the middle.

Reply #164
Trick to this whole game will be to lower our eyes and hit the likes of Everitt, Walker and whoever else plays forward as the bomb will be what Richmond expect and feed right into their hands.

They are not a great side across the park and rely on playing their way to win and denying them that it will get them nervous in rd 1 again and we have a shot as we should a lot of ball from the middle.

Agree 100%. We must go cold turkey on the long dumb bomb - if we are going to use bombs they must be smart ones!
Reality always wins in the end.