Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (Read 78512 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2016 - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #300
Damn, Rowe and White, we are indeed a spud team.

Agreed.  If Plowman was fit you'd have to think that he was in our top 22.  And then there's Jaksch.  I'd like to think he's in our top 22, but he's been a major disappointment so far. 

The tragedy is that if Thomas was playing White would still be in the team.  Lamb is probably on there because Thomas isn't playing.

Reply #302
New blokes who did well in NaB were rewarded. Can't fault that.

Team's pretty Ok on paper. Reckon we will be super competitive tomorrow.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #303
Agreed.  If Plowman was fit you'd have to think that he was in our top 22.  And then there's Jaksch.  I'd like to think he's in our top 22, but he's been a major disappointment so far. 

The tragedy is that if Thomas was playing White would still be in the team.  Lamb is probably on there because Thomas isn't playing.

As our only small forward Lamb is not up against Plowman, White or Jaksch for a game... Clem for now and eventually Sumner.

I thought Lamb played a cracking game against Sydney anyhow. Set up a couple of goals and his tackling was the best I've seen in our forward line in a while.

Reply #304

I know we finished last in 2015 but these are games we should win. I don't rate Richmond, they are pretenders of the highest order and with the outs they have, they should not win. These are the games I want to win no matter our predicament, no matter our ladder position.
Go Blues
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #306
I know we finished last in 2015 but these are games we should win. I don't rate Richmond, they are pretenders of the highest order and with the outs they have, they should not win. These are the games I want to win no matter our predicament, no matter our ladder position.
Go Blues

Funny they would be saying the exact same about us I'm sure.

Supreme optimism GIC but I like it ????

Reply #307

Agreed.

On the ruck side of things I think Phillips is a great choice of ruck if Hampson is playing for 9thmond, Hampson jumps over Kreuzer but he won't jump over Philips and neither will Vickery.

If we are ever going to upset an opposition, tonight feels like it's ripe for the picking!

Cannot see the teams lining up as picked, 9thmond have a very small defence listed if the ground conditions are good. But they have a few good runners, not sure who gets Sam Lloyd, probably Docherty.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #308
I expect us to work over Shane Edwards and find out whether or not he is up for tonight or whether or not he is carrying a knock.

Thats how you know if we have turned the corner.

Find a weakness, and press on it till it breaks.

We havent had that mentality for a very long time.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #309
Interesting listening to SEN this morning, Watto, Ox and Leech did there final 8 predictions. None of them had the March Premiers (ie 9thmond) in their 8.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #310
Is it raining in Melb?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #311
That's a decent team selected.

I had Whiley for White but I think we might get some marking flexibility with White in.

Good list of emergencies in C.Curnow, Smith and Whiley, then you add:

Cuningham
McKay
Silvagni
Jaksch
Plowman
Sumner
Gorringe
Byrne
Gallucci
Glass-McCasker

We have some youth. How good are they?

We'll find out plenty this year and even in the first half of the year I reckon.

The whole list (and organisation) has been, and will continually be, challenged.

Reply #312
Damn, Rowe and White, we are indeed a spud team.

You know my feelings on White, but i hope Jaksch is able to take over.

Rowe is a Spud, but speaking to other supporters they rate him. Regardless we go in with our "Best" backline and White as Cover, so it's really the best we have at the moment.

Big tick from Bolton on selection for mine, no Dick, Jones or Tutt to be seen.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #313
Go Blues

x3
 I give us some chance tonight as the Tigers are down on numbers and the pressure is all on them with Hardwick being re-signed, we have picked a decent team on paper.
Blues by 9 points...

Reply #314
You know my feelings on White, but i hope Jaksch is able to take over.

Rowe is a Spud, but speaking to other supporters they rate him. Regardless we go in with our "Best" backline and White as Cover, so it's really the best we have at the moment.

Big tick from Bolton on selection for mine, no Dick, Jones or Tutt to be seen.
Agree, those three out tells me more about Bolts than those he has included. No need to play guys who are just not up to it ala Dick and Tutt while also avoiding the temptation to play Jones in the hope that he comes good.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.