Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10 Green Shoot of the Week (Read 10451 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 10 Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #15
That 3/4 and struggling to figure out who was our best.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #16
4/4 Curnow.

In everything from deep FF to centre.

This guy is going to redefine the role of KPF.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #17
Curnow by a short half head to Cunningham. Both influenced the game in different ways. When Charlie actually holds more than he drops, sit back and enjoy the ride!!

Reply #18
Loved what I saw from Charlie, a great competitor. Also encouraged by  Cunningham's efforts. He needs more senior game time now imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #19
From my wonderful seats on top of ES it was interesting to note the entirely different forward structure that Bolton applied from the 2nd qtr. I left thinking that this radical change contributed heavily to the change in momentum.

Pushing all but two forwards onto the wings and halfback, left North defenders looking at each other or guarding space. Clearly planned as our clearances, when possible were done on the 45 to one of the two forwards in place. Our structure was not working, he changed it and the team responded.

This is a Green Shoot!
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #20
From my wonderful seats on top of ES it was interesting to note the entirely different forward structure that Bolton applied from the 2nd qtr. I left thinking that this radical change contributed heavily to the change in momentum.

Pushing all but two forwards onto the wings and halfback, left North defenders looking at each other or guarding space. Clearly planned as our clearances, when possible were done on the 45 to one of the two forwards in place. Our structure was not working, he changed it and the team responded.

This is itself is a Green Shoot!

100% AGREE!!

I was saying to my daughter what the hell are we setting up like this....was scratching my head thinking we now have no chance to kick a winning score with only 2 on the F50 line and no one else forward.  Looked wrong.

Then to my amazement in the following 2 1/2 quarters we kicked 13 goals!

Definitely BB is not afraid to mix it up if the game is slipping.

Great coaching Bolts. 

Reply #21
100% AGREE!!

I was saying to my daughter what the hell are setting up like this....was scratching my head thinking we now have no change to kick a winning score with only 2 on the F50 line and no one else forward.  Looked wrong.

Then to my amazement in the following 2 1/2 quarters we kicked 13 goals!

Definitely BB is not afraid to mix it up if the game is slipping.

Great coaching Bolts.

x2

Reply #22
I'll go with CC because he's so exciting.  You look at his build then imagine how he will be after a few more seasons. He'll be one tough hombre marking as much as Kouta and just as difficult for the opposition to man up.

Reply #23
I'll go with CC because he's so exciting.  You look at his build then imagine how he will be after a few more seasons. He'll be one tough hombre marking as much as Kouta and just as difficult for the opposition to man up.

Is it wrong to suggest we get a few of the young draftee guns to have a beer before draft day, so the 'holier than thous' are put off :)??  A class kid who made 1 mistake.....much to our advantage!!!

Reply #24
Is it wrong to suggest we get a few of the young draftee guns to have a beer before draft day, so the 'holier than thous' are put off :)??  A class kid who made 1 mistake.....much to our advantage!!!

Jokes aside - don't underestimate the influence of the older brother who is a very solid, trouble free citizen. Reckon Ed would be of great value helping the younger one stay out of trouble.

We might not get lucky twice.

Reply #25
A couple of very small things out of a large game...but

1:  Jack Silvagni wrestling out of a decent Ziebell tackle with just sheer lower body strength, throwing him to the ground & running away......never mind the scrubby left foot kick into the forward line after that......I loved that bit of play.

2. In the last, Tom Williamson latching onto a contested mark on the edge of the square with 1 hand, completely wrong footing his opponent & running to just outside 50 to launch a shot for goal......never mind that it missed by a whisker.......I loved that as well.

cheers

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #26
A lot of manure in the first quarter and a half but everyone knows, manure will produce green shoots eventually. My two shoots were the performances of Charlie Curnow and Cunningham.

Reply #27

2. In the last, Tom Williamson latching onto a contested mark on the edge of the square with 1 hand, completely wrong footing his opponent & running to just outside 50 to launch a shot for goal......never mind that it missed by a whisker.......I loved that as well.

Would have been a landslide 'green shoot' if it had landed. You just get the feeling we will see one get the 6 points before the end of the year!!

Reply #28
Would have been a landslide 'green shoot' if it had landed. You just get the feeling we will see one get the 6 points before the end of the year!!

I thought Williamson and Mcreadie were very good in patches. They're certainly two gems with a bright future.

Reply #29
Jacks stiff arm/shrug which threw his opponent to the ground.  >:D